1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's the saddest thing you've ever done?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 13 Apr 2012.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I'm 27, I've just been playing bingo...online...for actual money... on a Friday night.

How about you?

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

burying my dog in the yard shortly after 11 years of having him.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

/thread

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Having my grandma die in my arms and then having to tell my mum and her siblings what happened

Edit: just read the question again, you mean 'sad' as in lame not 'sad' as in :waah: sad. :wallbash:

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Holding the hand of a woman as she was left dying of cancer in the corner of a ward with the curtain drawn around her bed. She was an illegal immigrant and all alone in this country. Her dying wish was to have some jam donuts from Greggs. I brought her some. She was too ill to eat them.

After she died I sat in my car in the parking lot of the hospital. For some reason, a black church choir was singing on Radio 4. I watched the tall ambulance communication aerial on the roof of the hospital and imagined it a spire, with her soul travelling up it, up to heaven.

I'm an atheist, but sometimes I do so hope that there is a God.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2012
  6. flame696

Nexxo I don't think he meant that kind of sad. I think meant lame sad. I made the same mistake and only just realised

7. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

wow - this is depressing....

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I honestly don't know how you can do that Nexxo.. You actually have my respect for that.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Skipped all but the first two lectures of a class. After going to the first two I felt extremely out of place and alone because everyone else seemed to know each other and get along and generally know what was going on, even though I understood the material just fine it felt like I was missing something. I became somewhat afraid of returning and with each lecture I missed it became more and more imposing to return.

sp4nky likes this.
  10. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

what the hell is wrong with you, must say i have never been compelled to play bingo ever, not even in my deepest darkest hour :eyebrow:

My mind wanders on the sad stories here some things are sad and others are just really sad and then humorous counter part emerges in my mind that i can not tell. :worried:

Any way i have an amusing story to tell that is sad, so there i am on a dating site getting to know a really nice guy a solider, and after many chats he asks me for my mobile number as he wants to give me a naughty picture, i'm thinking yeah great, so he sends me a pic of himself in lingerie, just his ass, thighs, stockings, panties, skirt, i'm thinking wtf as he sends more and this guy is deadly serious, i ask him "are you a cross dresser" he says "no i just like the feel of the materials and colours" i'm thinking my lingerie collection wont be safe ever and he is in serious denial. He did finally send me a proper naughty pic but it was to late for him :nono: :naughty:

Oh and by the way i have nothing against cross dressing i just don't find it a sexual turn on.

11. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Joining a forum based on computer hardware and games......in my twenties.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's sadder when you do it in your thirties; you should be old enough to know better by then... :worried:

13. flame696

+1 to that nexxo

14. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

It's not the joining that's the problem, it's the staying after you've got the answer you needed :waah:

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

For real sadness, it was posted in a thread somewhere once before and I wont do it again as it's too painful to think about.

However for silly, lame sadness how about...
    - sitting and going through a book entitled '1001 video Games You Must Play Before You Die' to count how many I've actually played (646 if you're interested :lol:). It took about 2 hours.
    - paintiently explaining to the cat that, whilst it's gifts are not unappreciated and she's a very clever little girl, the bedroom at 3.a.m is not a viable place to drop a still fully functioning sparrow.
    - having all of my CD's in not only alphabetical but chronological order as well.
    - sitting and painting a blob of the colour held inside all of my acrylic paints so I can see which is which when they're still sat in the case.

I'm sure there's tons more but i can;t think of them right now and now that i read htem back i think i have some problems :worried: :D :lol:

16. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

nothing wrong with that, it be a quest for knowledge, one of the very first forums i joined was tweak3d http://www.slcentral.com/articles/00/1/tweak3d/

sighs, memories :D :naughty:

17. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Definitions of sad, I guess.

Used to work in one. If bingo is the saddest thing in your life, you've led a good life & should be thankful!!!

Last edited: 14 Apr 2012
  18. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Wiping my ass with an old sock or the cardboard inner after a dump cause there's no toilet paper.

Finding a condom and thinking "hmm, I might have a posh ****".

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I was going to say NEW DEMOT THREAD, then I read this and lol'd into Saturday. Thanks!! :lol:

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I honestly never lived anything sad in my life. Never had a pet that died, never had a death or illness in the family, no broken heart. Nothing.

The saddest I actually got was when a f*king overpass hit my car and I in the face. Oh and that blood-clot-that-could-have-cost-me-my-arm thing.

I think that in itself is sad

It's also scary because even though I'm 26, I'm not ready at all to face the reality of life. I guess it'll just hit me in the face really hard when it happens (like the f*king overpass)