1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Digi, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

[​IMG]
    Nanosuit 2.0. Same Aliens as Crysis 2. Shooting at said heavily armoured Aliens with a bow? Ugh.

No Crytek. Bad Crytek. :wallbash:

I really want them to turn this around, especially as some of the screenshots do show a much more jungle like setting which frankly looks awesome. Especially this one if it ends up being as openly explorable as it looks:

[​IMG]

Putting my realistic hat on though it's looking like it'll turn out very similar to Crysis 2 if not worse. :sigh:

2. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It's a shame as it looks like it's running on the same engine and same scene. Nobody would have thought Crytek pushed the boundaries with their first game in 2005. I was so disappointed with Crysis 2 and I bought that for £3 I don't even think I'd waste my bandwidth downloading this /sad puppy

3. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

"They've even lined up retailer-exclusive preorder bonuses already:

Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.
    Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.
    Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range. "

Please I really NEED those dog tags and skins!!!! :wallbash:

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

SPOILERS BELOW (not that it matters, the story is utter crap.)

Crysis 1 ending: Prophet and Nomad head back to the island to “finish the fight” as it were, and deal with the Matrix-like-squid Aliens pouring by the thousands onto earth.

Crysis 2 beginning: Random marine gets the nanosuit from a dying Prophet in New York (guess he got bored with the island). Aliens are different and generic looking now. Alien disease thing is causing people to go crazy and die. Evil Umbrella/Weyland-Yutani corporation. No real massive alien invasion anymore (guess they got lost).

Crysis 2 ending: Alcatraz turns into Prophet? Prophatraz kills all Aliens in New York. Then he leaves New York for good to fight Aliens in far off lands where the (maybe)-aliens have been hiding for many years a la War of the Worlds reboot.

Crysis 3 beginning: Prophatraz is back in New York. Side walk trees now dominate society. Magic biodome put up around the city by Weyland-Umbrella-Yutani Corp. No-longer defeated aliens in New York still/again. Using a bow and arrow to attack a mech. DLC up the wazoo.

Crysis 3 ending: Prophatraz has illicit relations with Nomad, who broke through the magic biodome riding a unicorn-pegasus nano-hybrid. The resulting baby is 30% random marine, 30% prophet, 30% nomad, 50% nanosuit, and another 100% alien DNA for good measure. Nano-alien-Prophatrazmad flies off to fight aliens in the lost city of Atlantis where the aliens have been sitting watching Game of Thrones for millions billions! of years. Multiple endings unlocked through DLC, color-coded for your convenience.

Crysis 4 beginning: Psycho falls from the International Space Station and lands in New York. He’s forced to fight his way out of the city through steam-punk aliens

Bede likes this.
  5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I lol'd :)

6. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

so true !

seriously though crysis2 was the final straw for me that killed my love of pc gaming... probably bought 1 game since in the last twelve months... only saw the c3 link because a fb friend of mine who's a graphic artist for crytek sent me it ...

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Such slutty DLC makes me sad, I really want to like the game but EA's DLC-******** just makes me feel dirty.

8. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I'm not tempted to buy C2, despite it being less than a tenner on Amazon. I'm even less tempted to buy C3 for full price.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

"We've listened to your thoughts and...."

I don't think that's ever been followed by something good.

10. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

What was good is now neck-shot. Soon Crytek will be bought by EA and then will end in the mass grave containing the rotting corpses of Maxis, Bullfrog and Westwood.

11. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I'll buck the trend and say that I actually enjoyed Crysis 2 (Probably more so than the original, and Warhead) and like the look of this so far.

Am I going brain dead? Probably.

Before the flames engulf me I must mention that I don't agree with the "DLC up the wazoo" as Gunsmith so eloquently put it. Par for the course these days, isn't it?

12. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

WHat I think made Crysis 1 great was the IMMENSE levels and landscapes that you could in any style you wished. And it was a beautiful tropical island.

I didn't try part 2 cuz it was set in a city and I simply wasn't interested.

Its much like Far Cry 1 - epically unbelievable game for me especially for its time - compared to part 2. Part 2 was just meh... ugly desert-like place with annoying missions and whatnot. I never liked the fact that you go around and choose missions and all that, its just annoying and you feel like you have to do every single mission and most of the time a lot of the missions just sound boring so you end up exploring and getting bored and leaving the game for ever :)

If Crysis 3 returns to Far Cry 1's greatness, I'd buy it ten times over

13. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Ahh, Westwood.

Would any tree smell as sweet by any other name...

14. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

ummm gunsmith, you obviously don't know what a bad storyline is, cause what you just gave here would be the most epic of epic story lines EVER compared to Crysis 3's actual story.

I mean, are the designers of all the top dogs trying out-do each other in making the worst story in history. :wallbash: A sort of oneupmanship of drivel that we have to suffer through.

The only company in my opinion out there that's still making games in a sort of "story first" kind of way is Ubisoft. Well, at least originally - then they just milk the damn thing till drops dead from dehydration.

/rant

15. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not particularly revealing even as teasers go but it looks veeerry similar to Crysis 2 and like it couldn't be further from Crysis 1. From now on I'm going around with maximum pessimism.

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

maximum washing my hair on April 24th.

megadriveguy and Bede like this.
  17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

theres supposed to be a gameplay trailer soon, i guess all will be revealed then.

18. Phillthy

Phillthy What's a Dremel?

It might be terrible but I'll still be buying it. Pure eye sex!

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

colour me unimpressed so far. need to see proper gameplay on a pc before i cast judgement.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

2013? I would be hoping for something significantly different to Crysis 2 then? From the trailer it looks the same but with a crossbow.