1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Chelsea fans boo'ed/sang through the minute's silence!?

Discussion in 'General' started by numanoid, 16 Apr 2012.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Hi guys, i watched the chelsea/spurs semi final with a gobsmacked look on my face as the chelsea fans sung and chanted through the minuts silence for the 96 men/women and children who died at hillsborough to say i was fuming was an understatement, i even punched the door frame in anger...(feeling the effects now :sigh:)...i know chelsea fc have stated that those responsable will be caught and punished and that they have brought shame on the club...just wondering whats your thoughts in this matter...was it realy too much to ask ???
    thanks guys....a peed off numanoid :grr:

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Sorry if this comes across as facetious, but you expected mature behaviour from football fans?

3. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

im a Liverpool fan and have been since 1986 people like the chelsea fans dont bother me. They just show that they are not real fans but just hooligans who just want to cause trouble. That minute silence was for the 96 as well as the young italian footballer (Piermario Morosini) who died during a football match over the weekend.

RIP Piermario Morosini - Football will remember you always!

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I did'nt personally see it but it does'nt surpise me

They only see contest and unfortunately are too thick to understand what they are a singing/booing through, with any luck they'll be caught and sit infront of CCTV of them doing it

Maybe then they'll realize what low life scum sucking parasites they really are, There is no room for them in football HECK theres no room for them in society.

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Come on now Nexxo, you're not normally one for sterotypes.

It's very easy on a tech forum for serious sports fan to feel in the minority, that shouldn't be the case, I know plenty of well educated, academic individuals that are geeks as well as being excellent at football and/or rugby.

I agree with this sentiment when aimed at the idiots that couldn't keep quite for a minute. But again, it's worth remembering that there are plenty of well educated and well rounded football fans.

Just as there are in fact quite a few very well educated and intelligent footballers, far less admittedly but the point is we shouldn't be generalising thuggish stereotypes.

whoops double post.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Apr 2012
  6. flame696

Dont forget it was also the minute silence was for the young italian footballer who died during a match over the weekend PIERMARIO MOROSINI. Left behind a disabled sister.

RIP Piermario Morosini - Football will remember you always!

7. DeadP1xels

I completely agree with that my grandad is 79 and a long time football lover thats a true football fan right there a true passion for it.

It does'nt really come down to being well educated more just general respect for opposing teams and tragic events that have occured, its given a bad name to chelsea and probebly left a bad taste with the respectful chelsea fans that may have been in attendance.

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Exactly - I'm sure there's plenty of well rounded Chelsea fans that are trouble free, it's easy to forgot when you see things like that on TV though, a tiny minority ruining it for everyone.

Hopefully they'll get a lifetime ban if they're found, to the clubs credit they were very quick to issue a statement condemning the behaviour and talking about bans. Proof will be in the eating though.

A quick mention to the often overlook amazing event that is a new football chant. I'm a Norwich season ticket holder, and Norwich are famed for coming up with original chants for new players (original doesn't necessarily = good though!)

There's something truly amazing about taking a step back during a match...and watching new chants develop. They either catch on and are picked-up by the crowd and can live forever....or they fail spectacually.

God bless the individuals that occasionally come up with something fresh and creative though, there's something magical about the way a clever rhyme in one persons head can in minutes be chanted by 27,000 people.

I'm good friends with a local head teacher, he asked his primary school kids to come up with some new chants and then tried to get them picked up at a game recently, a couple actually stuck...it's really an incredible bit of social interaction when you think about it.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  9. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

By football fans do you mean about 50% of the male population? A very sweeping generalisation.

Why were they doing a silence for Hillsborough at the chelsea tottenham game? I appreciate its the anniversary but is there a silence for the bradford fire on it's anniversary at all football games? 56 people died there but you barely hear of it.

10. flame696

it wasnt just for hillsborough read a few posts above. Piermario Morosini died on Saturday during a football match in italy for livorno

11. DeadP1xels

I am a Liverpool supporter (gone off football though) and i remeber watching the Champions league win in 2005 having our arses handed to us by the mighty AC Milan liverpool fans silent there was something really inspiring when Steven Gerrard got that header and started the magical comeback 3-3 and they were all full voiced. and then again at the finish when the entire stadium was FILLED with "You'll never walk alone"

Its just awesome how 85% of those people probebly sound terrible but yet together sound amazing, thats what i love about football

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Numanoid, please, for my sanity, get a spellchecker and turn off caps lock. Yet again I've had to go round and add/remove capitalisation from your threads.

I know I'm being OCD wanting things the right way, but help me out here.

13. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I have two questions. 1. Did you get outraged and punch the door frame during the period of silence, or after? 2. How exactly does the Chelsea FC plan to punish people who decided to sing/chant during what is, by all accounts, an optional period of silence?

14. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Sorry krikkit
    I punched it during the minuts silence becouse of the mindless yobs...Not sure what they will do..they brought shame on there club (words of chelsea fc)...even everton fans and even man utd fans (our biggest rivals) kept quiet...just the chelsea fans ????
    heres a vid showing the disgust from spurs fans (listen till the end)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5cIIPMZm4&feature=share

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I don't know when the chanting started (and can't access youtube now to listen) but is it possible it was someone caught up in singing/chanting and hadn't even realised there was a silence starting?

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

FTFY.

Sports are highly competitive by design. To think that a few people out of the myriad of fans might not respect a moment of silence is hardly a leap of the imagination, particularly when the moment of silence seems to be for fans of a different team.

As an aside I think it's funny that people are giving you heat for generalizing "football fans" when generalizing "Chelsea fans" is fine because they're the bad guys. Surely some Chelsea fans kept quiet?

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

So, to show your disagreement with people not respecting a voluntary moment of silence, you got carried away in the moment and punched your door frame. I'm sorry, but couldn't other people make the same claim about you?

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I don't understand why there's any need for a minute's silence 23 years after some football fans were crushed by other football fans, supporters of the same team in fact, especially at a game that doesn't even involve that team.

Liverpool fans, get over it already.

19. numanoid

numanoid Modder

I didn't use my mouth mate only my hand, and i didn't say ouch either :D

20. numanoid

numanoid Modder

This minuts silence will go on until justice is done....GET OVER IT YOURSELF....The minuts silence was also for Piermario Morosini who died of a heart attack