1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL How to explain MPH in blondeeze

Discussion in 'General' started by jrduquemin, 19 Apr 2012.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Nah, it's going to this woman for sure.

2. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

Who wrote that crap?

...Ms Hill, who suffered 40% burns to her whole body, was treated by ambulance personnel in her kitchen before being taken...

What is a 40% burn?:confused:

3. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

With serious burns it's described by the percentage of the body (approximately) burnt, and 40% burns is really quite bad and can be lethal.

4. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_body_surface_area

OT: You do have to remember, if the average IQ is 100 then 50% of people are below that :(

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Unfortunately it seems that Diane Hill has already reproduced, so removing her from the gene pool won't do much to help humanity. :sigh:

6. Restayvien

Restayvien aka [ZiiP] Prometheus

This video reminds me of a blonde that was in my history class in school. In year 11 (age 15/16, last year of secondary school, for those outside of the UK) towards the end of term she asked the history teacher what Nazis were (pronouncing it 'Nazees'). I laughed so hard, but my soul died a little.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

While what she did was colossolly stupid, she didn't really know better, just look at the misiter who recommended keeping jerry cans in the home. Of course, it's a highly flammable liquid, if you fail to treat it with the utmost respect then these are the consequences.

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I think he's referring to the wording. At least in the US, it would be ".. burns to 40% of the body", not "40% burns to the whole body". The latter doesn't really make any sense. It's like the line from anchorman - "60% of the time, it works... every time". Unless it's trying to say she had 2nd/3rd degree burns to her entire body.

9. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

I agree it isn't that well worded, though you could possibly interpret it as "of her whole body, 40% was burnt".

10. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

But it's often used in that context, that way, most people here would understand what it was; I think he was referring to the usage of a percentage system for burns rather than the dodgy wording:D

11. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

Indeed and the post from supermonkey is still relevant - the guy is an even bigger idiot.