1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Sign up and ask in the chatbox, I won't put it out here as it's too public..

2. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

I had that on the PC and have not used mortar since. It will not deploy anywhere.

3. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

It doesn't deploy in uncaps to stop hoards of people camping with Mortar out of shooty range, try out of your base :p

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Enemy bases.

Known as uncaps as usually there is a flag that isn't cappable (or should it be capturable)hence uncap.

5. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Like your uncapturable spawn base :p

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

They should make base AA more powerful, to try and discourage baseraping.

I hate baseraping. Not for the usual reasons except that it usually boils down to me having to sit in the base taking down fools who try to get easy kills.

If there's one thing I hate more than running after being tankjacked or after ammo it's sitting on my lard ass in the AA. :)

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Not more powerful, just move it to a position where it can see over the entire spawn area, but limit the range.

8. adidan

Indeed, it's amazing how many rounds you can pump into a tree blocking your LOS and it still won't fall over. :lol:

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The AA is pretty good already, can kill any jet etc that comes into the uncap.

10. adidan

Oh I agree really, I just wish more people would be deterred from baseraping as I get bored sitting in there taking them down. :D

11. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Ok Got this today thanks to a generous housemate who got a code and said he wouldnt use it :)

without searching around is there a BT Server at all? if not what servers do you all recomend?

12. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

There is a CPC/BT server but it's a complete ghost town at the moment as most of the regulars aren't playing. You'll find a few of us on the Aria server though (just filter "Aria") which runs a mix of TDM and Conquest. Apart from that if you give us your Battlelog name we can add you up and you're more than welcome to join anyone's game and say hello.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

They've totally butt fcked the stinger lol. Tried using it today, and couldn't lock onto a heli that was so close , but that was at very low altitude. I'm assuming that's what the below radar thing was always meant to do? I do kind of wish they would increase the range of the laser painter on the heli, to make it more in line with what the tv missile's range is. Insane, maybe, but as it is, no pilot/gunner team I've seen use it, imho for that reason.

14. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

mk fair enough my battlelog name is TrueInvictus

Will play a bit of campaign first will look out for the Aria server tomorrow sometime, thanks alot :)

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

use scout heli and lase your own target for your own guided missile :thumb:

for attach heli, it's more useful to go with guided for pilot and TV missile for gunner. gunner can let it off as you fly over the target, doesn't even need to steer it, with right timing a single volley pass + TV missile can take out any tank easily. then turn and have gunner mop up the infantry from a distance.

^ that's how i would play attack heli with a clone of me....

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

That;s when he's unlocked it btw. Unless of course he pays to unlock all the vehicle unlocks. Might not be a bad idea for the tanks tbh, seeing as they've been butt fked with the latest patch.

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

When's the tank buff patch due? I

18. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

It was part of the server-side patch which should be in effect since a couple of days ago. I haven't used the tanks since then though so I can't really comment on how much of a difference it's made.

There's a thread with the data here: http://symthic.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1023.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have witnessed the tanks new endurance. Guided Shell stick kills a tank. Disables tanks one hit but all round SMAW/RPG/TANKSHELL takes out Reactive but does very little damage to main tank with reactive armour.

Tanks are now usuable again. Though a good Engineer team can take you!!

20. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

It looks like the jet seeker missile is disabling in 1 hit now :3. I should try it out and see how it goes. Also, with the amount of damage lockon explosives are doing to tanks it looks like I may have to equip smoke just to avoid having to jump out and repair every 30 seconds.