1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

*******! hehe.

I'll certainly be on the server tonight. I was completely unaware of this competition so I'll be out for blood. :D Also great god was it good to play with VOIP again last night.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some good rounds tonight!! Though I didn't get any ARIA tags I did do this.

Mr Happy likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Lol, it is fun that isn't it. I last did that on Kharg on a Bird that was hovering low to take B. I got a surprised 'nice' from the victims. :)

Hm, may have to try and find a night where I can join you guys and try and get some tags. It's quite nice seeing different ones turn up, the last intersting one says something about being 3rd in an official tournament or something.

Shame we can't take teeth and make a necklace out of them. :lol::lol::lol:

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quality :clap:

+ Rep for making me giggle

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Dom,

Awesome video!

At the end of this month I will have given up core gaming for a month.... have been satisfying my urges with only a few random games on iPhone.

I will be **** when I get back to BF3 but looking forward to it!

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thanks for the Rep guys, I do try my best. I'm going to trawl through the video and see if I have some good general gameplay footage. Telltale should record his sessions and then post them online. Bet you could get into Machinimas Top 10 Amazing Kills etc with the way he's been playing.

I need to look through the footage and see if I have anything worth putting online.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1 for a new set of tags from telltale

Seems they are getting more and more popular, not so rare anymore :waah: :D

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Finally
    [​IMG]

Wonder how long that lasts, still need to do my shotgun medal.... Decisions, decisions, what buckshot blaster to use.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

This guy was on a server I was on, some said he had an aimbot. You decide.

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/sexkorea

With the M27 IAR his HS per kill is utter bs, at 60%. Rank 54 and he's only played 69 hours, score per min of 918.

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Guys, when you record your video, does fraps or whatever record your voice on teamspeak and stuff? Would love to do this.

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yes it does, you can set it to Record External Input. Otherwise you only records the audio that you hear. So game audio and anyone who is speaking to you on Mumble etc.

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Oh awesome. I must try this over the next week as I have a week off from work. Would love to record every game and just pick out the best bits.

Any decent settings I should be looking to set? I own the FRAPS full version.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the FPS setting is most important as at 30 FPS, it will make your game run at 30 FPS. i use half size 50 FPS for video setting (the most demanding part). be sure to set it to record into a different drive from your games though.

that gives me nice round 720p video on my spare 1TB Green drive, which i can then compress into 720p 25 FPS for youtube uploads. :D

adidan likes this.
  15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Currently I record at 60FPS which is ok if a little buggy at times. Might change it to 30 and see what the quality is like. I also record in half size. I use Sony Vegas to do the little editing and rendering. I render HD Web Video at 720p. Though when rendered the video frames per second is cut down to 30. So might just record at 30fps and see how it looks.

You don't need Vegas to edit videos Windows Movie maker can do the job. I just got hold of Vegas:naughty:

16. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Have played online a bit now (did pop on the Aria server for a while, is there a TS linked with it or not out of interest?) and found out that base snipers still suck and im getting raped alot xD however in a T-90 i do qute well on conquest :)

17. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

Hi Invictus, there are mumble details in the aria server thread on the forums, otherwise feel free to message Telltale, Wyx or Dom and they'll forward them on. General rule on the ATID server is that if you fire from base, you're fair game and fire shall be returned, so base snipers never do very well lol.

18. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

This is what 30FPS with fraps will look like, enjoy

P.S Windows Movie Maker is great programme for editing videos, very happy with it so far :D

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hahahah thanks Rider for reposting you taking my tags!! Out for revenge tonight mate!

20. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

How much of a framerate drop does recording on fraps get you? It would have been awesome recording that Metro game yesterday but I'm not sure my 5770 would be able to handle it. I'm also a complete noob at doing any video editing/compressing.

P.S. Draca, come get back on mumble. Me, Dom and Greg are trying to hold up fort for CPC but we could really do with some more players. I won't pretend that playing on the Aria server isn't great fun but it's a shame that there's so few of us now.