1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Just discovered the greatness that is the SKS.

[​IMG]

I didn't get MVP but that's because all I did was play recon and the top guy was a tank. Holo scope and Flash suppressor it and you have a combo that is utterly magnificent. Same goes for the EBR and the Mk. 11 and the QBU.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I prefer to hunt my prey, either that or while a firefight is going on jump into the carnage and run screaming at the enemy and start knifing.

Often they don't expect that. It usually means death though, that's why it's good to be around a medic, if they decide to revive or not is a different matter :lol:

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Here you go guys, having spent the best part of 8 hours as it uploaded here is the complete 720p HD Funtage from Op Metro I promised.

Throbbi and Digi like this.
  4. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Nice one Dom! +rep.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I was laughing yesterday - some guy decided to be my medic bodyguard, following me and reviving me. Some people are just... strange :D.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It's almost like uber free points. A good player doesn't do one thing they play every class they mix things up and they see that people need help and or a flag being taken.

In the video you see I run around like a madman, but I saw that some guys died so I went after the killers, then a flag being taken so go back to recap.....it's observational awareness and good teamwork.

Semi rant over though it wasn't meant to be one.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL, shame I didn't get a mention :( (Bobman and throbbi did? heh...so much for your squad mate) My raging did make me smile though :D

Last edited: 26 Apr 2012
  8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

That scroll of text does have your name in it but when i made it I couldn't get it to work right. And realised I did edit it so it just showed a spread out list but it wasn't on that video I uploaded. And I only realised this morning. I am not waiting another 8 hours to reupload it with the change sorry.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

You beat me too it...... I had the link copied and everything bah!!!

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

OK, I like that... A LOT! Definitely looking forward to this! Look at that damage!

12. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

A few interesting things about the video:

I did a bit of reading and found this:

Sounds good to me!!!

However, I was disappointed to see that it will be available on PS3 before PC though, wrong priorities or what?

13. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Sony paid for the DLC didn't they? Well, paid EA/Dice so they can get it earlier than everyone else..

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I agree that Sony outbid MS for the DLC. There is no one backing PC Gamers. Every Video Game company that makes games for multiplatform has a stretched focus. They try to balance the release and game so it's playable on all platforms but fail many times.

It's either a Console Port which sucks or a Multiplatform game that doesn't work properly. PS3 players had a terrible time when BF3 was released. PC had it easy. Only issue was hardware conflicts SLI X Fire etc.

15. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Still on the fence about the close quarters DLC. The destruction is spectacular though.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I feel let down by destruction in Regular BF3. But saying that I got a double kill with building debry in Sienne CRossing with a tank yesterday. A tip I got from seeing Draca in action. Sometimes tyhinking outside fo the box wins!

17. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Gotta love those rubble kills; always makes it that much sweeter! Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar are probably the best maps to get them on. I agree with the regular maps lacking in particulate destruction - they should redo the vanilla versions with the CQ DLC 'HD' destruction they advertised so heavily. BC2 had better, more replete destructive environments in my opinion.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

In BC2 almost all the buildings could be destroyed. I rember a time where I climbed into the rubble of one building. With an ammo pack nearby and simply nadded and rocketed guys hiding in a garage at one of the flags.

I miss the destruction. Imagine taking down the building at B Flag on Karkand that would be epic.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Or taking down the two sniper camp buildings on Oman :D

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I love Cannister Shell for taking out infantry and pesky snipers. :)