1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 18 Apr 2012.

1. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

No what I said was that I don't find it good at being a tactical game OR an action game. If it's an action game then give me good action.

I got far enough to know what's what. The signs were stupid and only one of them was worth using (the shield type one). I had more abilities when I played World of Warcraft and that's clearly a kids game.

Wtf? You ever played Icewind Dale or Ultima or Wizardry or Summoner or Baldurs Gate or any of the old classic RPG's? It's so sad that the average modern gamer these days things that an RPG is just hack n slash.

Lol the old "use a harder difficulty" defense.

You don't know enough about games to even understand. I'm guessing you are about 14.

2. Bonedoctor

Bonedoctor Have you turned it off & on again?

Um guys there is a teensy eensy bit of an issue here though. There are a LOT of people who cant play the game properly on their systems - without going into detail there has been a huge discussion about how Radeon cards have been left out of the loop (to the extent that it is realistically unpayable on my system).

For more info see the following link

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...rt-why/page__pid__761815__st__100#entry761815

3. Deders

Deders Modder

Is that just to do with eyefinity or can no one with a radeon play the game?

4. Bonedoctor

"Just" eyefinity.

5. Bonedoctor

Sorry - maybe a bit more detail after all. Eyefinity wasn't originally supported but was promised. WSGF then provided support which was then blocked by a further update. NVidia don't seem to have these problems. What's worse - they know, they aren't interested, and aren't going to do anything about it. As in the forum post, I'm selling the game due to lack of decent support.

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Let us know how you get on with it.

7. Bigspleen

Bigspleen What's a Dremel?

I grew up playing Sierra Adventure games kings quest, space quest in the 80's, when you were in diapers, its close minded people like you who think because games are more action based they automatically are not as good as all those you listed that permeate forums whining all day about how good games used to be. Yes I played all of those non of which has anything to do with my poiint. The Action in TW2 is great, so your point = moot.

Umm difficulty is there for a reason, noticed how you refutted that by using the old LOL, says it all. What else is difficulty there for?

Signs were stupid? HUH? Sure, I say they are not nor do any reviews or 99% of people who played it, so i'll go with facts.

8. rogerrabbits

Are you even reading my posts or just ranting one your one lame rant at me and hoping for the best? I already said I am happy to play action games, as long as the action is good. Hence me talking about Streetfighter. That's just an action game is it not? And yet that totally involved me and I loved it. My issue with The Witcher 1/2 which you refuse to acknowledge is that it's an action game but with crappy action. Rolling around on the floor while using your few decent attacks is not something I consider good. Just because you are fine with that, doesn't mean I have to be.

As for you playing all those RPG's, I think you are lying. You said yourself, all RPG's are nothing more than dodging and clicking. You would never say something like that if you had played anything more than the dozen or so dumb action RPG's we've had from the past several years.

As for TW2, you say it's great like that's a fact. It's not a fact, it's just your opinion. My opinion is that it was incredibly boring and also incredibly broken. I start attacking enemies and they would all stand still and not approach me because there was no pathfinding or waypoints to half the room. I would summon a pet to fight for me, then another, and another, and oh wait wtf? I can summon 90 of them and just sit back while my army wins every fight for me without me even watching.

The difficulty argument is stupid because it rarely makes games more interesting. It just makes you do less damage and mitigate less damage, and that was never my concern. It doesn't add ANY more complexity or depth to the combat, no matter what you set the game as. And signs are stupid because there was only half a dozen in total and only one of them was worth using. Again, if you had ever played a real RPG with a proper magic system, you too would be disappointed at a game that thinks it's ok to have just 5 poorly balanced spells.

9. Shirty

So to summarise your difference of opinion: you both have different opinions.

One of you likes it, the other doesn't - no need to waste words arguing the toss :thumb: Makes all gamers look like socially backward oddballs who would defend their chosen genre to the death.

10. rogerrabbits

Ehh mind your own beeswax. And people arguing about their hobby happens all over the place, movie forums, car forums, sports forums, I don't see why gamers should be any different.

11. Shirty

Well my hobby is trolling trolls. That's why I'm posting here and incidentallly it's also one of the reasons I like Skyrim. Don't remember if the Witcher 2 had any trolls though...

12. Deders

Deders Modder

There are more mature ways of getting your point across that don't resort to insulting each other.

Shirty likes this.
  13. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hear, hear.

Shirty likes this.
  14. Shirty

My point exactly. Have some rep.

15. rogerrabbits

There are more mature things you can do with your time besides being a sanctimonious ***** on a forum.

16. Deders

Deders Modder

Care to suggest or recommend any?

Last edited: 27 Apr 2012
  17. Shirty

I would suggest that there are better uses of your time than abusive, petty name calling rogerrabbits. You do seem to have a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way.

18. rogerrabbits

You could join NAMBLA.

I would suggest there are better uses of your time than petty pot stirring shirty. You do seem to have a habit of being an annoying ****.

19. Shirty

I'll leave the thread with this, but my original point still stands. If you could cope with being a little bit nicer to people the forum would be a better place. This isn't me being sanctimonious, it is merely me making a valid point drawn from empirical evidence. You wouldn't take a dump in a place you enjoy spending time in the real world, so why do it in the place you choose to spend time online?

20. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

This kind of attitude is deserving of an involuntary vacation imo. Please stop crapping on this thread, thanks.

Tags: Add Tags