1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Are you content with your build?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Somer_Himpson, 28 Apr 2012.

1. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

I am always looking for something new to buy, however i have got to a stage where my i7 920 @ 4ghz coupled with my gtx 680 is more than enough for at least a year or two. I have been there and tried nvidia surround and then dell U2711's and have now decided on a single Benqxl2420T and i love it!

must save money, must save money!

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Wait... you gave up a U2711 for a 120hz TN screen? :eyebrow:

Each to their own, I suppose.

3. voids sleet

voids sleet What's a Dremel?

I used to be 2 years back when I put the 295 in there but since then i've been needing a upgrade :eyebrow:

the oc failed on me last year and i think its time for a new start

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Hmm for the most part I am. I wouldn't mind a second GTX 580 but my board has the pci 16 slots right next to eachother so there would be no gap between two 580's. Greek summers are hot too, so not sure how the system would cope.

I also wish my mb had native usb3 just so that I didn't have to use a pci card for that. I might move my case under my desk at some point as the fans are a little bit louder than I'd like.

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Not quite content yet. I will be re-designing some of my internal plates, making a new mid plate, putting in a quad rad, switching to a plexi block, and improving the loop in general. I will also be modding the hdd cages to rotate 90°.

Once that lot is done il probably chuck a gtx 680 in there.

6. blueviper11

blueviper11 What's a Dremel?

Me too.:lol:

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Got my IB rebuild on the way and a better SSD, so all I need is a new GPU and then I'm done for another 4 years...

8. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

yes as i believe the u2711 is waaaay overated. I hated the anti glare screen.

9. Ainz

Ainz What's a Dremel?

Just completed a new build based around 3570k and 680gtx. Very happy with it! Ive kept my old pc with a q6700 and 5870 as a gaming rig for my lounge which is nice for games good with game controllers not mouse/keyboard.

10. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Pretty happy with my build to be honest.

It is totally overkill as I very rarely play any games, but when I do, it is absolutely perfect.

BUT I would still like to throw in a custom watercooling loop! haha.

11. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

My main pc is great 2500k, 8gb ram and a 7850 gpu. Only thing im missing is an ssd, which i might get soon as the prices have dropped recently. But i do truely loathe reibstalling windows. Ive got it set up how i like abd everytime ive wiped clean in the past i always remember stuff i forgot to back up. I was hoping to wait till win8 but it looks like a bit of a dud so stick to win7 i think.

Sent from Bittech Android app

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

If it weren't for temps and RAM, I'd be rather content. Working on each problem, though...

13. jammy_fred

jammy_fred Minimodder

Not really at the moment, can't believe I have had it for over 2 years though.

I wan't a bigger and better monitor (thinking about getting the Dell U3011)
    I want an SSD as a boot drive, extra storage in general, a better case and better graphics. I sense a new build within the next few months.

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Need to modernise my GTX280 & drop in a sound card. That is all.

Would be nice to get better than 2 meg broadband but that's not the rig's fault in fairness...

15. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Perfectly happy with my system:
    Q6600, 6GB RAM and a Nvidia GTS 250.

I've just ordered an SSD, but that's to replace the hard disk whose bad sector count is increasing every day, and it didn't make sense to buy a low capacity HDD when a 128Gb SSD was only £89. (Disclaimer - I don't need a TB disk etc, as storage is all within my backed-up server.)

16. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Never content with mine Hmmm tri sli GTX680's soon possibly :worried:

Apophis54 likes this.
  17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Am I happy with the core spec? Yes. Although, the recent addition of a 30" monitor has led me to worry about the longevity of my GFX card, but it did manage Crysis and Warhead at 2560x1600 with medium/high settings; so I'm not panicking.

Am I content? No. Simply because I'm an inveterate tinkerer, and will forever want to fiddle with or change something; be it the configuration and layout of the cooling loop, or just trying out new ways to manage the cables. I'll never be content.

Apophis54 and Teelzebub like this.
  18. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Fairly happy with my build, just need to get a slimmer case so that it fits under the TV properly (maybe update the HD5830 at the same time).

Although I'm very happy with my C= Amiga 1200 with 4GB CF and soon to be added 64MB RAM and 68030 CPU running at 42MHz! :thumb:

19. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Although there is no game or application I can't run fast enough, I'm really feeling the itch for a nice Ivy-Bridge setup. I've already got 8GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz knocking around just need to find me some £300 odd to get going with. Also want a 55" Yak 54 w Electrics but that's by the by...

I've had an AMD CPU since my first build and I'll be kinda sad not to be using one anymore but with Bulldozer being such a flop it kind of leaves no option.

Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz skt 939
    Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz skt AM2
    Phenom II 940 Black Edition 3.0GHz skt AM2+
    Phenom II 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz skt AM3

I own way more than 4 cpu's but that's just in my main desktop :p

Teelzebub likes this.
  20. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

Not content, would like the following:

2 x more 7970's for tri crossfire
    2 x 256Gb SSD's
    And for the ITX side of the desk I fancy the new Asus z77 board, I did try to wait but didnt!
    Also a nice pair of top end Xeons to replace the 5640's would be nice, then its just the screens, swap my 3 x 2311's for 3 x 2711's then Im sorted, I think....

Actually maybe a SR-X would be nice!