1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Apples haters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 21 Apr 2012.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

2. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Guy at work - 'used to have a pc, it was s***, always broke. Bought a mac. Way better'

I changed the subject.

3. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

After picking myself up off the floor, let's analyse that, as you clearly haven't used Photoshop on either a PC or a Mac. I have both a quad core i5 PC, and a quad core i7 Macbook - both of which are capable of running CS5. On the PC, it is very laggy and slow to respond, and it is on every PC I've tried it on. On a Mac, even low spec ones such as a 5 year old Macbook with only 1GB RAM, it runs flawlessly.

So October, you're right, yes. Creative work is better off being done on a Mac - it just seems to run Adobe software much better.

4. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

My experience is completely the opposite, it runs a lot better on pc than mac

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

So from this thread we can conclude that software runs best on the platform users want it to run best on...

:sigh:

6. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

Never mind the i5 or i7. It's the ssd!

7. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

The Macbook doesn't have an SSD, the PC does... and it's the PC which it's crap on.

8. October

October Mariachi Style

The you're clearly doing something VERY wrong. I run CS5 (ok ok its not 5.5, of course that makes a massive difference... :rolleyes:) on a Phenom II quad core, no ssd, and it's completely smooth. Admittedly I don't use Photoshop as much as Lightroom but it still gets trotted out for bigger jobs. Premier Pro too, I edit HD video 80% of the time these days, not a bother to it. You have an i5 and you're running off an ssd and it's still laggy? Either you lie or you're working on Windows 98 with half a gig of ram.

Right enough actually, if ther's one thing to make Photoshop lag it'll be ram. How much do you actually have? And what are you trying to do with it?

Last edited: 29 Apr 2012
  9. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

As a fellow Mac user, please stop talking. You are making us look bad.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

FileBrowser? Access files of any size stored on your computer or NAS. Stream audio or video.

A colleague of mine actually prefers the single connector. She always struggles to identify the multitude of different ports on a device. Is it USB, MicroUSB, FireWire, eSATA, HDMI, MiniDVI? Does that slot take SD, MiniSD, MicroSD, XD, CompactFlash or Sony Memorystick? And let's try not to mix up the Mini power plug with the headphone plug. And you'll always find that the damn thing is just missing the one port you wanted...

She figures: she needs perhaps two different ports. She buys the two different adapters that fit her needs. They both fit in the same one-port-does-everything, as does the charger, as does the speaker dock. She doesn't have to think about it. She thinks it makes sense. I kind of see where she is coming from.

So horses for courses. You don't need the high res? Buy an iPad 2 £100,-- cheaper now the iPad 3 is out.

11. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I have 4GB, not that I want this turning into a troubleshooting thread. I have a Mac for Photoshop for a reason.

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness, why do we have such a divide? By what the **** you want and be done with it? If people want to spend huge amounts of money on a nice looking, but ultimately under performing rig, then so be it. If people want to spend the same on something they can personalise and do exactly the same job as the previous, then let them.

Kinda don't get this Mac vs. PC war.

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

People like to have something to be angry about.

14. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

What reason? Just curious as to why you would buy a Mac for photoshop and not a photoshop for mac(if you already had a mac and needed photoshop, but dislike windows).

15. October

October Mariachi Style

Also, not to troubleshoot, but 4gb? That's your problem right there :thumb:

16. Pookeyhead

All I can say is there's clearly something wrong with your PC? I haven't used Photoshop? I'm a professional Photographer.. so no, clearly my Photoshop use has been limited :)

Clearly you're right. Clearly your 5 year old laptop with 1GB of RAM would perform better than my set up here.. that's where I'm going wrong!! I need to ditch all this and get a laptop with 1GB of RAM! :wallbash:

Don't feed the trolls people. He has to be.. no one is this retarded.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2012
  17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, that's got to be it. He can't be just posting his honest opinion. There must be an angle. Either, despite being a computer geek he has no conception of how RAM influences performance, or he is an infiltrator of the evil Apple company, or he is just out to wind you up for kicks, or he is of sub-normal intelligence. You just stay objective, dude. :p

18. Pookeyhead

Nexxo.. seriously. He suggests that ANY Apple computer will outperform a PC (but seemingly only with creative applications); that even a Laptop with 1GB of RAM is preferable to a PC. If he was making sensible comparisons, then maybe I'd take him seriously.

...and you're telling ME to be objective?

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

this thread is ****ing awesome

20. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder