1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Apples haters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 21 Apr 2012.

1. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

2. October

October Mariachi Style

Opinion has got nothing to do with it. Clearly his PC is very broken... I really don't get your angle here Nexxo, not like you to stir for the sake of stirring :confused:

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Surely it's OSX vs Windows as both MAC & PC's are PC's (Personal Computers)

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I'm pro choice.

Its just what you're used to.

Don't forget that Apple's are "cool", and most of you just aren't.... So you're not really apple's target market.

I would have one if I wasn't gaming because they're simple and elegant, but I am gaming so I have a PC. Simples.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Not meaning to stir, but dismissing someone as a troll or retarded just for having a different experience or opinion is not really a valid or objective argument. Stating that his computer must be broken is a close second, to be honest.

Why not say something like: "Your experience seems counter to logic. How can a 5-year old 1Gb laptop outperform a PC? Let's check the specs and see if the PC has comparable RAM, screen resolution or perhaps graphic drivers..."?

Last edited: 30 Apr 2012
  6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

You know what I mean, stop being a ****ing troll. PC is known as a windows box, even Apple have said themselves.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Posting tha experience he got in the hardware or tech support forums would get the response of "Your computer is stuff/broken". I don't really see why the same response is invalid in the general forum.

8. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Congratulations for winning the bullshitter of the year award.

I did say that Photoshop runs better on a Macbook than PC - there is nothing wrong with my PC and Photoshop remains perfectly useable, but overall, it just works much better on the Mac. Also, I didn't say anything about creative applications in general - I said Photoshop runs better on OSX.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Have you lot not got anything better to do with your time than bitch about PCs and Macs?

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Well bit-tech isn't a review site anymore so everyone needs something to argue about :p

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If it runs better on a MacBook with 1GB of RAM, can I suggest to you that there almost certainly IS something wrong with your PC?

12. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

There's a reason all graphic designers and photographers use Mac's...

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

[​IMG]

This says it all.

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

This made me :lol:

15. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Mmmm. No. They really don't.

Having worked with a shedload of them, the ones that produce the best content don't give a flying monkeys what they work on. The graphic designers and photographers that THINK they produce the best content, all use Macs. And that's because they think that Macs somehow improve inherent design ability.

Think about that though - how can a computer program which is EXACTLY the same on both platforms in functionality, produce better content on one over the other? The speed issue is a moot point - design software can run equally well on either, your situation is anecdotal and thus irrelevant.

They aren't like musical instruments where one might have different design elements and lend to a player's style better than another. Not that I'm saying you are saying that - but that's how I kill the argument that Macs are better for design in one swift blow.

And aside from all of that, being a diehard windows/linux user, I still just bought my girlfriend a macbook air and I'm quite confident it'll be perfect for what she needs. Apple are good at what they do, no-one can deny that.

16. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Been using PS7 for years on my DFI 790FX with 5000+BE and 8 gigs of ram and now my 6100FX with 16gigs. Never laggy

17. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Errr.. No

Can tell you now that my company, that does magazines, does not use any Macs, anywhere...
    The only Apple products are personal items or fruit

18. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Well thank you for that bundle of irrelevance... however you'll notice I said graphic designers and photographers - whereas magazines are layout design.

I have been to dozens of graphic design agencies across the country, and I have never come across one using Windows PCs - just iMac's and Macbooks.

19. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yes, magazines use layout design, but the primary role is GRAPHICS DESIGN...

Where the **** do you think the nice little pictures and backgrounds come from?

*excuse me please, mods*

****ing ignorant fanboys...:wallbash:

20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I am a photographer. I don't use a Mac. I also know lots of other photographers that also do not use Macs. You keep saying ALL graphic designers and photographers. I didn't realise someone passed a law enabling you to speak on my behalf.

But yes there is and I explained what it was further up in the thread.