1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows C.A.R.S Pre alpha Development build released!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gabkicks, 19 Oct 2011.

1. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Spent most of the weekend trying to download the latest build but it is corrupt when running it. no time to play this week so I will try again with fridays new build!

2. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

I have 0189 already, just tried zipping it but the file size was the same, I guess it's already heavily compressed. Can stick it in a skydrive folder if you give me your live id, although I guess junior members should be due a new build soon (this friday?)

Last edited: 5 May 2012
  3. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

ahhhh!!!! Just did a full 20-race lap for the first time. (random grid) I started on front row and pulled a solid lead ahead for about 6-7 laps, then started to have a few accidents (going too wide on corners, carrying too much speed on the high-speed bends etc), lost a few spaces, took some back and ended up in 3rd. Don't think I've ever felt so much achievement from a game (even F1 2011 - which I find tricky at times with the assists all switched off).

Really love this so far - and being able to watch back the entire 26minute race is a nice bonus too (even if I did get bored and FF most of it!).

If you're a racing game fan - you need to get this - I signed up on the basic package - about £10. Well worth that - may upgrade membership soon.

On a side note - i tried downloading over the weekend too - found the HTTP download always failed - ended up torrenting it (first torrent I've done in about 3 years!). Ate up 9GB of broadband usage through the multiple http download attempts, but worth the wait and usage in the end.

This is why I own a G27!

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

You call that full? :hehe: No, I know exactly what you mean it's awesome. I once did 105 laps of Monaco in it's 1988 configuration in rFactor, it was either the 1991 Jordan or the 2011 Lotus. Either way I had to turn mechanical failures off, something was going to die in that time.

The worst thing is when you get so lost in Monaco you stop consciously driving or paying attention to the track at all, then all of a sudden no traction! and you snap right out of it lol.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I know what you mean. That was me and FGT races in Monaco in GT5. Not the best sim/game but it sure sucked me in without much hesitation. Damned good game too.

6. Snubbs

Haha... 26 mins of concentrated driving after a long day at work is long enough :p
    I intend to put in some effort this bank hol weekend :p
    And by full I meant as opposed to my "learning-the-games-handling-system" free practice "laps" where I basically span off the start line!

This is the first game I've played with v-sync off and not noticed any vertical lag or whatever you call it (although I did upgrade my monitor towards the end of last year).

Some of the cars don't work well with some tracks... I think it's clear which tracks are for go-karts :p

7. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

iracing is ultra hardcore, too many black marks against your license and you're booted from the program. its also requires a monthly subscription to use.

not for kids

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

I found the game itself much less 'playable' (if that makes sense?) than all other sims I have tried though. Nothing felt....right?

Hence why I play rFactor..constantly. It's pretty simple to setup your own league or even a hotlaps server that displays the times on a web page, then invite your friends to your server, see who is fastest around the track! :rock:

Not to mention the GAZILLION mods, from ultra realistic open wheelers to banana cars.

Don't be fooled, get enough practice with the likes of the 80's F1 Turbo and you will really enjoy skidding around a kart track, trying to find the throttle before that metre of straight line turns into a hairpin, then another and another and... yeah.

10. Snubbs

Yeah I did try this with the Jaguar - the jag has such a poor turning circle and bad unresponsive throttle it wasn't possible to drift :-( will try again thou with the F1 Turbo thou. This is on the chesterfield track iirc

Also - which car is the 80s F1 car? All I've got is formula a/b/c iirc...

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The Leonus F86 Pirault Turbo

12. Snubbs

Thanks - will be trying it shortly after installing the latest build

13. Gabkicks

Gabkicks What's a Dremel?

Now, I'm just waiting for 670 to come out so i can run this game cranked up.:rock: i'm using an old gts 250 since i sold my 6970.

14. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Downloading the lasted build now. It's taking forever :miffed:.

15. Gabkicks

Gabkicks What's a Dremel?

Zolder is coming along very nicely 0_0. Hopefully i can get ahold of a gtx 670 soon so i can run this game @ higher settings.

16. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

What are the pysics like on this matey? Are they anything like Rfactor 2?? That has amazing handling and feeling back through the wheel, just happens to look like crap.

Im very suspisious about CARS, i know its built on Shift 2 engine and looks 'bite the back of your hand pretty' but it must have the right ingrediants for me to invest and put any time into.

Anyother UK racers pls check our site out. > http://www.core-racing.co.uk/

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

What I don't like about the Shift/Project cars developer is the engine they use doesn't work with 3d glasses. I doubt that will ever change and I don't even know if they have the skills or inclination to do anything about it. They have been asked by others if they intend to make it work with 3d glasses but still not. For me that's a shame because I can't go back to racing in 2d. Once you've raced in 3d for any length of time you don't want to go back.

Is Rfactor the one with the reversed wheel centring where the wheel would pull either side of the centre position making driving impossible?

The car would be constantly pulling the wheel hard left or right?

18. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Depends on the mod you used some mods land up with the steering feedback reversed. Fortunately there's a ffb mod that while making ffb better also allows you to reverse its response for specific cars. Can't mind the name of it just now will look up when i get home.

TBH i always thought ffb in rfactor was very weak compared to the gtr series. Ahven't tried R factor 2 though but i hear it's far improved.

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I didn't try with any mod. Just the plain game. What's shocking is that it was exactly the same when the game was released with my logitech formula force.

Not had any control issues with GTR or anything from simbin. Race 07 is one of my favourites.

I didn't like anything about rFactor. The fact that the steering control was f*cked-up and the awful arcade style menus.

20. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Realfel was the plugin name. Think half the problem is that some logitech wheels report ffb backwards compared to every other wheel on the market including some of their own. I guess most games detect this and reverse ffb for them but not rfactor.