1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

BOOO! We need an update! :lol:

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol: I want to update but I'll do some of the time consuming stuff like getting revised templates printed & stuck ready for making the rest of the parts, after finding how to print designs it is so much more straight forward than manual marking & avoids errors completely, much nicer. :D

Like CNC but manual & slow & instead of setting up the machine or programming it I just need to get my head in the zone & have the energy to do it. :D

I love that tip you gave for straight tapping Angel, I applied the same idea to manual drilling & it has produced 100% perfection of drill hole placements so thanks for that mate, highly appreciated. :thumb:

Last edited: 28 Apr 2012
    bulldogjeff likes this.
  3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Blimmey I've missed a load of this, dam it's looking good, the feet/base looks feckin superb it suits the build perfectly, looking really good.
    And that little mobo, is a seriously sexy little bit of kit.
    Looking really really good Wayne, way better that the renders look...Top modding dude. +rep

4. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Wayne, I have been aching to see your mamoth efforts take shape, the pics are very much appreciated, again Thanks...Looking freakin awesome:clap::clap:

5. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Awe inspiring totally unique and amazing workmanship!!:thumb::jawdrop:

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:blush: Thanks Rage, it will be to me but to others, who knows :lol: I see a lot of deeply awesome builds on the go but I appreciate it mate. :D

Thanks Colonel I actually had something like that in mind for a project, a big crazy awesome temple but went for this instead :D scroll saws are awesome but if you go for a standard one just make sure you read how to operate it properly because I knackered my basic one with over tightening the blade tension too much, came into an unexpected little boost of cash & knowing how good a scroll saw is now I went for a really good one.

Wondered where these 2 comments came from :lol: moderated first posts, welcome to bit-tech Rage & Colonel. :dremel::rock:

Thanks a million Jeff, appreciated mate. :)

:D Thanks Asouter, just wish I could speed up my recovery, I'm aching to carry on :D just checked in on yours, very awesome job well done mate. :dremel::clap:

Thanks bluc appreciated. :)

My thumb is close to being able to go without a dressing to let air do the rest, it's reattached but still giving it a couple more days, don't want it painfully sliding off when modding & getting blood all over the metal work. :lol:

Got some serious gaming sessions in while off completing AC 2, brotherhood & well into revelations now but I'm itching to mod on really so I might just do that, I can't hold back any longer. :hehe:

7. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Fantastic work Wayne as always. I've been following this on the Aria forums and thought I'd do the same here on Bit-tech (aka Modding Heaven) :D

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Is been a while to visit this project. Worst mistake I ever did. Now I have to find a way to glue my jaw back! Simply outstanding level of modding. Nuff said! ;)

9. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Even better than I imagined it. You're amazing Waynio! :clap:

10. Plodder

Plodder What's a Dremel?

Amazing skill with your tools combined with design and artistic talent to match. This is going to be a masterpiece. :clap::clap:

11. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Oh my goodness! Amazing work!

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks yassarikhan :D appreciated mate. :thumb:

Modding forum heaven in life would be one where language isn't a barrier for anyone :D:idea: if only there was a translate button on the forum so none English speakers could just do their logs in their own language & viewers just click translate, would be fantastic. :rock:

Alex :D:rock::dremel: thanks mate, :) hope you get around to modding on man, you are a massive talent in modding so miss your super high creative projects, but you did spoil us all last year I think, :D so many brilliant & original projects without taking breaks, I had you down as number 1 in MOTY BTW sorry to reopen old wounds but you really are a kick ass mod artist so don't let that slip away due to internet votes, I've seen multiple times how iffy they can be so don't let it put your belly fire out. :nono:

There is the official results & there is the top mods in correct order in my head like it is for everyone but even still I can't rank my own projects but know I like my own. :hehe:

:blush::D Thank you Bill, the master is on board at last. :D:rock::thumb:

Thank you Plodder, appreciated mate. :thumb:

:D Cheers kidmod. :)

I'm starting to feel like a fraud for sitting idle & getting comments. :hehe:

The heck with it I'm starting back up tomorrow, my bum is getting wider sitting too much & even started falling asleep at the PC like old days where I stay up busy until I simply pass out & wake up with a natural real hangover leaving me in bad shape for the day :lol: so need to regain some structure to my routine because it is really slipping. :D

Flipping none modding related thumb accident, but guess that's what happens when you take care to not injure yourself when modding & neglect the need for care in other things. :duh:

I know some shots of work in progress look dangerous to some or most even :D but I feel I'm not taking a risk, the band saw blades don't tend to snap, they just come loose & pop out of the holder & fold up, the fine blades when they snap they are soft & incapable of piercing my skin, but my bro's global chef knives are wickedly sharp & very strong & I got careless while fixing up a quick snack. :blush:

You will all laugh when I post a picture of it I think :D but it's in a spot that I use an awful lot when creating so it really had to heal up a bit.

13. Paslis

Paslis Minimodder

WOW mate words come short. :jawdrop: Awsome job. :thumb:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Paslis appreciated mate :D it is soooooo overdue that I got off my rear, quit sucking my thumb & got on with this eh. :lol:

So I will right now. :D

15. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I didn't hear any complaints from you cheaps. In fact, you said I looked damn sexy with just a Dremel to hide my manhood. I shall leave you with that delightful image! :D:D:eeek::eeek::D:D

16. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I feel ill...

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe:

:hehe::lol::D

Been letting my thumb recover & had some life stuff to sort out.

I was going to get modding again but spent most of Saturday designing so it can support a fan controller & a 92mm fan with grills to keep the controller cool, I like the solution. :D

Had to tweak the already cut front gamer panel in a way that I will be able to mod it & keep it looking good, the fan controller has black with coloured display with temps & speed readings, this should be a nice addition. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Under the 92mm fan view from the HTPC.
    [​IMG]

Full view
    [​IMG]

I will get the designs printed & stuck tomorrow & hopefully get on with this again. :)

---
    No, nothing new today, hope to be up for it tomorrow now.

Last edited: 6 May 2012
  18. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

What is it to be Modder and a great Modder at that? I was pondering this the other day and it has been in my mind for along time! Your Build is a significant event in the modding world. Why? There has long been the argument between CNC builds and Hand-made builds with which deserves more credit. The modding community could never come to an honest answer on such.

Lets hawk back to Dark Blade by G69T. No doubt was this build one of the most viewed and celebrated builds in modding history, though, this build really wasn't modding but machining. G69T did the CAD design work, CamPath, followed by Milling, and finally assembly! Gorgeous product, though, this product and build is a product of a machinist not a modder. Design, Mill, and Assemble was the production process in which Dark Blade was done. Which leads me to your work and why it Defines a Modder.

Every Person/Modder has a vision of what they want to build; from there they go and try to fabricate that vision. You had a vision that was turned into a 3D rendering. Your build should HAVE been done mostly by a machine, whether a laser cutter or CNC mill, due to the complex design that would have to be cut-out and achieved. What sets you ASIDE and draws the line between Lean and Green and Dark Blade is that you set forth in building this build with basic tools at hand. You dedicated yourself and your passion to something that would take crazy time and dedication to achieve. Your fabrication is resulting in CNC like finish! Which makes you not only Modder but a Great Modder in terms of the quality of the product that you are building with the tools that you are using.

This is what sets you aside from people like G69T. Other people in your category I would include Attila and riekmaharg2. When people in the community NEED a Reference as to why Hand-Made deserves its own special place next to Machine-Made your Build is the example.

I set out to write this because you may step back and try to fully grasp what you are building and sometimes find it hard to describe fully what it is in terms of process and finish. This is Also for every modder who puts themselves on the path to try to be the best in the community. I hope this post starts to bring awareness and conclusion to the debates that rage on when MOTY and MOTM comes around with people pointing the finger back at this build.

Great Work and Keep it Up! Mod On:dremel:

p.s. please inbox me for all hate mail, rage mail, or other useful and non-useful comments on this post, I will try and accommodate all!

Waynio likes this.
  19. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Most eloquently put. I am putting together an article or series of articles to try and heal the disparity perception of younger modders that "If I can't afford to outsource, I have no place in modding anymore"

I have been sharing this art for love since the late 1980s and it gets better and better.

To conceive this project and then DO it by hand in one's own work space is a true tribute to dedication and skill.

WMD, Bad Assumption, anything Atilla touches, and riekmaharg2 all have a new contender for Master Modder.

Well met.

john

20. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

I can only agree to this. And to John's reaction :thumb:

Of course G69T made a masterpiece. But the dedication to the sheer amount of manual work instead of machining, makes this one special. Really special. :clap: