1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Prometheus

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 22 Dec 2011.

1. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

If you read Johnyboy700's post, you'll see that no one has posted that video because it may be regarded as containing spoilers, like the stuff mentioned in minimal_fuss's post.

I personally enjoyed the trailer but understand some people dont want too much info before going to see the film! Hence the spoiler indication should be used!

2. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

just watched the documentary, and it's really stirring my imagination, and I'm not sure that I like the direction that the plot is panning out.

I hope I'm wrong. I've not been disappointed by Ridley before, but there again I haven't been this excited about a film in a long time.

The concept of 3d also puts me off. Will this be the first film I see in 3d? Not sure yet...

3. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

No one is being forced to click play, you don't want spoilers don't watch it.

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I was referring more to what minimal fuss said, which if you havent watched the trailers is a spoiler.

You are correct no-one is being forced to press play but that trailer does contain quite abit of new info, as previously discussed by johnnyboy700 and that is why it had not been posted before.

Adding a warning to it, or acknowledging its discussion previously in the thread may have been helpful but each to their own i suppose.

5. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Actually I was of the opinion that if I did post a link to the trailer then potentially I would be generating temptation (which I know I personally would find difficult to resist for this film).
    So whilst I drew attention to the new trailer, I thought that if anyone really wanted to see it then they would have to make the (minimal) effort to find it and then watch it rather that simply clicking on a link that was dangling in front of them. That way it would be a deliberate act on their part to see it.

Anyway, back to the real purpose of this thread, I have several new theories about the film and the only one I'll share here is that there is no guarantee that the clips from the new (or indeed any) trailer are in the same chronilogical order as the film. And in case anyone else tries this one, I can't make out who Shaw is talking to when she says "if we don't stop them there will be no Earth to go back to", I had hoped that my big screen HD tv would show something in her helmet refection but it doesn't. Assuming it hasn't been doctored for the trailer of course...

6. Apocalypso

The film is a prequel to Alien at some point there's going to be an explanation of the genesis of the xenomorphs and the space jockeys so it's not that much of a surprise we see snippets of them in the trailer.

There may or may not be spoilers ahead.

The trailer gives away very little in the grand scheme of things, some disjointed scenes of people running in a corridor, some holograms and a scant few seconds of what could very possibly be aliens creatures of some sort.

Last edited: 7 May 2012
  7. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

BTW, Fox has confirmed that the US cinema rating for Prometheus will be R and I beleive the UK rating was always going to be an 18.
    My ticket for June first doesn't have a rating, which I find a bit odd - not that the age restriction will be a problem for me - not by a loooooong way.

8. TehKrak3n

TehKrak3n What's a Dremel?

It does look kinda epic

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I really hope they don't cut it and make it a 15. Would be a waste.

10. Apocalypso

I would be surprised if they did make cuts ala The Hunger Games as the target audience is significantly older.

To IMAX or not to IMAX is the question, whether it's worth a trip to London or standard 2D in my local Vue.

11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

12. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Those cleverer ones among you who WANT to follow the viral campaign MAY happen upon an audio clip released by Fox recently that sounds bloody awful. I am really looking forward to this more than any film in the last five years!

13. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

If you mean the clip that was originally played backwards, yes I did here it.

I reckon that one clip would convince anyone who doubted this film would be a 18/R certificate.

14. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Good luck getting tickets at reasonable times. Unless you want to sit on the side or at the front, it's a no go.

That's a point actually, how close are the front seats at IMAX london?

15. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

News Flash:

Prometheus will be a 15 certificate in the UK, but without having material cut out or edited; winning.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

15? wtf?

ok i guess i can live with it.

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Let's not forget that Alien was reclassified as 15 for its theatrical re-release. It doesn't have to be super gory 18 stuff to be scary!

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Not close at all. The whole seating platform is raised up from the ground, so the front 3 rows are actually ok to sit in.

I'm going on the 6th! Can't WAIT!

20. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

That's pants. I wanted a kid free cinema to go watch this! Now I will have to wait and see it late at night so I don't get pissed off with kids talking thru the show.