1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Neighbour...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cei, 30 Apr 2012.

1. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

If you're really worried about her kicking down your door buy yourself a large maglight torch. The LED ones are really powerful, and they make a good defence tool.

(Can I point out I am not avocating smacking your neighbour around, violence is never the best action just sometimes the last and if you're really worried its an option)

Last edited: 2 May 2012
  2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Deadbolt it.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Good advice.

We had problems with anti-social behaviour which included extreme noise levels from a close neighbour last year. Following experience gained from a previous episode from a couple of years before that we kept a log of dates, times, noise levels which we supplied to both the council and the landlord. They were taken to court, didn't contest our evidence and were evicted within 3 months.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I had problem neighbours for 6 years, not just music but noisy comings and goings. Doors slamming screaming and shouting and fighting in the street.

Council sent the noise squad around but they always rocked up in council vehicles which caused our neighbour to go quiet suddenly. We finally got a break when the problem family fell out with some pikeys they had been friends with, and well the pikey's smashed all sorts of sh*t much to our amusment.

The council came around to inspect the house after the incident (broken windows/doors) and they weren't evicted as we hoped might happen but they've been quiet ever since, (sort of)

It was the Son who was a Chav hard man but really a coward that caused most of the problems, he would cause crap up town on a friday/saturday night and run home before a response was made against him, and as you might guess the 'fight' would come to his door.

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It will also really help if you can muster some support from like minded neighbours. If your council get multiple complaints they'll be out of there in no time.

Be very wary of ganging up on her in numbers to her face though - that often does not go down well.

How domestic abuse makes anti-social behaviour okay though, I will never know.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

What is a pikey?

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

DXR_13KE likes this.
  8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Can you not listen to music no more ??

I love music and I don't think a quick blast for an hour during the day is unacceptable.

If I have to listen to some whore being shagged at 3 am then they can put up with a bit of music.

9. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Tell me about it iv had the same problem for year as the mod's know all too well but since she has been with her new bf i have not heard a peep for the last 3 weeks and hope it continues my mother and father are a bit scared of going to the council because they think they will be beaten up but they aint the crays...

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Super computers?

11. Lance

*knock knock*

"excuse me, but could you please orgasm a little bit quieter please."

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The Krays ;)

13. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Move. Pick a modern new build with concrete floors.

Had the same problem in London where many of the flats are converted old houses with thin wooden floors that were converted before rules on proper noise insulation came in.

Had one resident in the flat below who smoked and the stench was horrific. Then karma swung my way and it was a young couple with two babies who effectively heated my flat for two years as the heat just rose through the floor (the damn baby monitors buggered my wifi though until i went 5GHz..).

It's not worth the hastle to stay there - once you've decided they are too noisy you're just listening out for it and almost any level will annoy you.

There's light at the end of the tunnel though - my gf is a medic and we now have a detached house with a VERY loud home cinema setup ...

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

We're in a concrete ceiling flat! Not an old Victorian terrace with wooden floors, thankfully.

Plus, having purchased, I am totally not willing to swallow the several thousands of pounds it would cost to move.

Funnily enough, we've not had much noise from upstairs in the last week or so, perhaps some sense has sunk in after the initial declaration of "I'll do what I want!".

I think the decision is to basically log any excessive noise, and if there's a bad spate, call the council. When I qualify in 3 years time, move!

15. Lance

You don't live in Bromley do you? Sounds like my block :-D