1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which 670 would you get?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4mi3, 12 May 2012.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I'm gonna buy one first thing tomorrow and hope to have it before my DIII LAN Wednesday.

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Kinda tempted to strip the Gigabyte GTX 670! It looks like the heatpipe is simply clamped in place between the heatsink and memory cooling plate. If that's the case then I reckon a thorough clean and coating of Artic Silver 5 would work quite well at reducing temperatures. Along with some Arctic MX-4 on the GPU core itself. Have to be careful removing the fan shroud from the heatsink for this entire operation though!

3. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I think I'll either buy the Gigabyte or get the cheapest card I can find + an Arctic Cooling Accelero

Thanks for the link btw

5. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm gonna go for the Asus DC II if they ever hit Newegg. Hey Bindi, make that happen for me, would ya? :p

6. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

7. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

8. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

i wonder if they will make a 4gb one of these?

9. echo three

echo three What's a Dremel?

Wow, 10 put of 10, well scored,

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

not that D3 will need it ;)

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Next week afaik. I will double check on Monday but we are 16hr ahead of Cali so it'll take a day.

12. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

Hmm. For me, it's up between ASUS, EVGA and GIGABYTE. They all look REALLY good.

The ones I want are all out of stock at Scan, so I'll wait and see. I don't think I need a 4GB card. to be honest, the main complaint seems to be that it runs out of VRam when playing BF3 + Cry2 on ultra-uber-max at 1080p+ and while at 1080p, i don't play either.

13. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

I'm really tempted by the Asus. I'm almost OCD about having a quiet system and the reviews seem to suggest it's the quietest.

OCUK is listing stock from the 15th, I don't know if their service has improved but I've been put off by negative comments in the past.

14. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The Gigabyte swings it for me because we're looking at a close enough reference 680 design to make it compatible with an EK water block and backplate. Also the stock cooling is effective and it's all housed on a nice blue PCB to match my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe.

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Pulled the trigger. A Gigabyte GTX 670 X3 Windforce is on its way to me now.

16. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i have the 570 version and can tell you its very quiet

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm not sure whether our motherboard or VGA team or both would have a fit reading this. LOL. :lol:

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Its true though - I have long thought this about ASUS.

Obviously the blue sells for you or you wouldn't use it or maybe if it is the product people are after and not particulary the colour (I personally don't like it at all), but it doesnt match anything of your other products. Same goes for the TUF to some extent, but I guess that a different niche.

RoG boards look nicer and do match, but not all people want to spend that much or have no need.

Ditch the retro blue and pick other colours that match your range (black and white or something) to still differentiate between your product tiers?

I know its not that simple though and people have different opinions to mine...

19. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I'd want an all black or all white motherboard. EVERYTHING. With the markings as stickers I could remove. Would make a very cool computer if you installed one of the black Phantom cooled graphic cards.

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd just be buying the cheapest TBH.. The stock coolers seem to give enough headroom to give a decent OC..

Or, actually I'd just buy which ever one is actually in stock..