1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam What game are you loving right now & why?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Porkins' Wingman, 12 May 2012.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

how have i missed this game???

2. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I spared him but the bugger died running home..

all the parts of the razor are at his museum tho :wallbash:

3. nuc13ar

nuc13ar What's a Dremel?

i like gta IV probably more than any other game/as much as GTA San Andreas. I have built/upgraded several machines to play and test performance. Right now I am playing with A8-3870k non OC and medium details on GTA IV and lowering graphic details for TBOGT EFLC (turn off reflection, low shadows). It is truly incredible what AMD has accomplished. This chip beats my 1800xt, 1950 pro and hd 3870, but physically looks the same as my athlon 64 3200. The other two games I have bothered to re-install are NFS: Most Wanted/Carbon. As for GTA, I just like catching a cab and riding around the city... which is why after three years, I haven't beaten the game once! I will complete enough missions to unlock Alderney on this new machine (actually doing "three-leaf clover" this week hopefully) and enjoy gaming/observing GTA IV's engines in the miserable summer heat.

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Buy it now or GTFO!! :thumb:

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's not selling it - I'm not bothered about playing a game where the developer thinks "Hmm... What can we do to make this look better..? Uhm... MOAR BLOOM!!!!!!!!" It looks like a good game, but lazy graphics balancing doesn't sell it.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Sure, the Bloom is over the top, but the fundamentals of this game are good too, so we'll let it slide.

7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

Done and done sir...have some rep for your flawless sales technique.

Have you considered a career in used cars?

Draksis likes this.
  8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

You're wrong.

It looks purrdy.

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Currently playing Anno 1404, although playing a fair amount of 2070 aswell, I think I prefer 1404 though overall, the setting is just too awesome :D

Also recently picked up Sanctum, tis good fun with a bunch of friends, a nice change from other games I own

10. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Despite the insistence I still find lp rob1's response on Anno 2070 more enticing than Gunsmith's vid - the vid had me anticipating a lst 45 seconds of mayhem and carnage that never came, things just carried on floating around looking clean and tidy. Just looks like a futuristic sim city. lp rob1 raised a chuckle whilst posing a profound challenge - how would one respond to a critical incident affecting a city's champagne supply? I don't know but I sure as heck want to experiment to find out!

11. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Some rep would be nice :(

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

L4D2... Only game installed on my laptop bar Portal 2... and just about the only game it'll run..

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I loved L4D2, I was very good at scav and then the community died :(

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm currently getting through Assassin's Creed Revelations. The cityscape is massive. The scope of the game seems larger than previous outings, despite being (well, at the moment, I presume so) based in one city.

That and I want some answers to the wtf ending of Brotherhood.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If you fancy a game sometime, add me on Steam.. I miss playing with people who arent utter nubs

16. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

:hehe: That just put an image in my head of me chasing people around a used car lot, screaming "Buy the f**king car!!"

17. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I will add you tonight, do you have a mic?

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I’m still playing and loving Battlefield 3.

Me and my friends always loved Bad Company 2 – it was the game that bought us all together and made us fellow PC Gamers. Battlefield 3 is better in just about every day.

Almost every round has several jaw dropping moments. Yesterday whilst making a push with my squadmates (on mumble) for C on Kharg Island we ran out of cover towards a building, an enemy jumps out of the building ahead of us…. We are out in the open, with no cover, but as soon as he gets off the first burst of assault rifle fire the exploding carcass of a AH-12 helicopter gunship plunges right past our heads and mashes him into the side of the building before exploding.

Then, later on team deathmatch, on Sharqi Peninsular, my squad and I were holed up in a house overlooking the battlefield, very successfully picking off daring soldiers with bursts of M416 fire as they made runs across the road between D and B. Our tactic soon proved effective enough to warrant an assault on our location by another squad. BOOM, went the Claymore placed on the stairs. “incoming incoming” came over over mumble, “I’m down I’m down”. We’d lost a man, but taken out two out of their four man assault team in the fracas. I was at the front of the building, but my one remaining squad member at the back was soon overwhelmed. I ducked down, underneath a window, my gun pointed at the door. To anyone looking out I couldn’t be seen – I know this because my dead squadmates were still watching the killcams of the enemy that despatched them. The two turn around to leave the room, thinking it clear, and I pop up and unleash a hail of machine gun fire, holding the trigger down until I see ‘Enemy Killed’ appear twice on the bottom of my screen. They cheer over the comm channel. It’s not over! There is still time to leap through the window and resuss my two downed foes! We live to fight again!

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yeap, when my laptop feels like working

20. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

For me it is Tropico 4! I have recently got back into gaming and never normally liked strat games but I tried the free weekend on steam and loved it - ended up buying it at the end for £10 - a steal! I also bought the Portal 1 + 2 bundle that I missed first time around.

I have BF3 but need to upgrade my PC so I can play it :/