1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films RealD 3D Cinema Glasses

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, 16 May 2012.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Has anyone bought their own? The other half complains that the sharp plastic molds on the cheap glasses the cinema sells cuts into her. It doesn't bother me too much but they aren't the most conformable things to wear for a couple of hours. As 3D looks like it here to stay for a while at the very least I'm looking into buying my own pair before Prometheus comes out.

Can anyone recommend a comfortable pair of glasses that will work with RealD 3D films?

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It would be nice to have a "decently priced" pair that are comfortable. The local cinema has now started charging €1 for a new pair, but you can bring your own/old ones. I wear glasses anyway, so glasses on my glasses is rather annoying.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

god damnit son you're a bit-tech'er, take a pair home and mod them :thumb:

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Word.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

lol i really should, I have no excuse not too. :D I have found some on Amazon so I will order some up and see what they are like. NaloaC on my searches I found 3D glasses that clip onto your regular glasses.

6. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

7. October

October Mariachi Style

We sell the regular ones for a quid, oakley style fancy ones for a fiver and clip-ons for your regular glasses for a fiver. I've been charged a pound for flippin cardboard ones before :grr:

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

word to the wise: if you really must view a film in 3d, seek out a dolby 3d screen. the image is soooooo much brighter and nicer. it's unfortunately not as popular as realD (the glasses are more expensive for the theatre) but it's worth the hassle :)

Last edited: 21 May 2012
  9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

£100 for a pair of 3D glasses? No thanks. I'm getting a bit old for that type of Oakely styling these days.

Reald3d only where I live.

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

My friend has done this, 3d films make him sick but he hates going alone to the 2d showings as all my friends go 'en mass' to the 3d ones. He's taken the same lenses from two sets of glasses and put them in same pair. 3D turned into 2D.