1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Rock solid for me, but tbh I dont probe (well in game, :p).

Some one ask Wodgah about loosing his Tengu out in 0.0, :D

We just started to burn Tenal, strat ops yawn. And as always i'll be in fleet for three hours shooting structures and then when I decide to take a break, we get fights!

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Hell yeah dude, I have my faction web huginn all ready to rock, and logi 5 in the queue.

3. Nazata

Nazata What's a Dremel?

Yes :D
    A fellow RvBer I'm guessing?
    Unfortunately I'm not resubbing for another 2 months due to important exams throughout most of June.
    Which side are you?

4. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

I used to be in RvB too but I'm now running a different corp. Any one hear go to the I-series?

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

yes

6. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

Gallente main running about wormhole space (C5 living = iskies) Caldari alt for silly pvp solo roams (extreme negative killboard but hilarious all the same) and a minmatar alt who flies hulks/orcas/noctis/whatever utility ship i refuse to train my pvp characters into.

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

So who wants to send me a buddy pass and show me the ropes?

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I've just started on Eve. Am going for mining at the moment, and am enjoying it. Feels nice to have a slower paced game.

Vipers, my advice would be to pretty much ignore the tutorial missions unless you have to, they seemed terrible to me

9. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

So what does everyone think of the new patch? Ive been sitting back in the sun all day making billions off idiots who are want the new modules at any cost ^_^

10. Tigernos

Did you get one yet? I'll send one and can even get you into my alliance and into our wormhole. You'll make tons of ingame cash :)

11. VipersGratitude

Already got one, thanks.
    Still working my way through the tutorials, then I'll looking for a corp/allegiance (whatever they are)...will the offer still stand?

12. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Hey guys. I've been off EVE for a long while now due to not being able to find that a corp that would trust me with anything, not even joining gangs.. Sort of drove me away a little. Anyway, i'm thinking of giving it another swing around with this new Inferno expansion.

So if I do return, would anybody be willing to have a Drake/Raven pilot, and actually allow me to do something? :p

Last edited: 24 May 2012
  13. VipersGratitude

Why don't they trust you?

I've had the opposite experience. Was given 1m ISK last night (trebling my total) just for applying a little charm.

14. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Because, and I quote, I'm under 18 therefore not mature enough. I'm 17... -.-

I just got bored after that and cancelled, but want to come back now ^^

15. VipersGratitude

So level up for a bit in an NPC corp...

Anyone happen to know what format the retail game time takes? GTC? With it being 66% off on steam, I was wondering if it was possible to manipulate that - like a secondary (trial) character selling the GTC to your primary character?

16. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

This is from the steam store page for eve ' Product keys will not work with existing EVE Online accounts.'

17. Tigernos

To those who are looking for corps or cash or gangs or all of the above. PM me, or contact "Tigernos O'Cuinn" ingame.

We have a feeder corp to introduce you to life in a C5 wormhole and the pvp/pve opportunities therein. Sleeper loot sells for a huge amount and we comfortably make 100-200m isk (each, in a 20-40 man gang depends on numbers online) a day running a SINGLE site. If more sites spawn in our wormhole and we run more sites then you can walk away with some hefty wallet flashes.

We raid other wormholes, null, low and whatever else we feel like depending on the exits we get on the day.

18. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

EvE is one of the worst games I've ever played. It's looks amazing and fun with great complexity, but it's just "CoD is SPACE" with more pretension.

Edit: Honestly being a CEO was what made me hate EvE. And every single player. All the trailers for EvE show massive tense fights and everyone talks about big plans and wars, but 99.999999999% of the time it's utterly onesided fights and 20 on 1 ganks. Honestly hearing my corp brag after ganking a gunless Mining Barge was one of the bigger blows to my faith in humanity. I've played across several accounts over 6-7 years I've been CEO of mining corps mercs Null and High corp wars and frankly I encountered about 40-50 people in that entire time with anything resembling skill or planning or the power to actually think. The rest were the worst companion of that 12 year old screaming over Xbox Live and the stereotypical hipster. In that entire near decade playing I've seen almost nothing but one sided slaughters with both sides screaming at each other over how Good they are. It was the worst when I was head of Recruitment for a High Sec merc corp and dealing with the massive amount of d*ckery coming from players..

Little story from when I was at said Merc Corp. Player 1 is mining in a frigate Player 2 comes along and suicide ganks him. Player 1 points out that Player 2 lost more in the gank then he did. Player 2 sets out to troll Player 1 to death and starts tossing out ISK to get people to gank him over and over again.

90% of the time people wanted to hire us is was for exactly that reason.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2012
  19. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Having played Eve now for nearly 9 years, my experiences are quite different. I have never seen griefing like you have described, not saying it doesnt happen of course.

I could say I have pretty much done everything with the exception of invention and being a merc.

I have found that taking breaks here and there have really helped. Also every now and then a roll a new alt or buy one and try something different.

It's the game that when they finally decide to put the nail in the coffin, I will be at CCP HQ at the picket line! I dont get this feeling about WoW or any other MMo I have played over the years.

As for your bad experiences being a CEO, I learnt very early that to be an effective CEO you need to have good directors, its these people that do the groundwork, your job is to co-ordinate them rather then doing the tasks yourself. Yes its still a tough job and chances are you will burn out, especially if you have alliance responcibilities but good directors make the time between burnouts longer.

I stood down from being CEO of my corp for many years after RL changed for me. Unfortunately the guy that took it on didnt have the skills, he did try but it didnt work for him. We wound the corp down and moved into a corp we have had good relations with for the last 8 years. Were enjoying being regular Joes, but I tell you the lure of restarting the band and achieving something as our old corp is one that haunts me on a daily basis. If I didnt have the RL commitments that I have currently, I would do it in a heartbeat.

20. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

It's not griefing. It's the entire point of EvE. I honestly think you've seen and most likely spent the majority of your time doing it, you just don't see it the way I do.