1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Official "John Hanlon Fund Raiser" PC Build (Thank you Mach!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 23 Feb 2012.

1. Mach

Mach What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

:rock: I am now the grinning owner of a one of kind, case mod extraordinaire. The modding community rocks!

Hey John, funds are winging their way to you now. Hopefully, they'll make a dent in your wine, women, and song expenses. :)

It is a pretty special thing everyone has done here. The modding community saw a problem that needed a little tweaking so out came dremels, soldering irons, and the required tools for a little life modding...on behalf of a friend that most of us know and respect, but haven't even met (in that big room with the bright lights). That, friends and neighbors, defines the word amazing.

Many thanks to the mod artists (damn right I mean artists) and sponsors who piled onto this project. The effort, craftsmanship, and sheer force of will to make this happen is awe inspiring.

Now if I can just get the 6 year old kid in my head to stop running in circles and shouting "Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" :lol:

2. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

I'we been following the tread and I'm impressed with everything, both the mod and the comunity!

Grats to the winner to!

3. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

I second that motion. This was the most interested I have ever been in a project log, and I would love to see it happen again.

4. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Excellent idea.

I worried that it might go to somebody outside of our community. Glad to hear it went to fellow community member :rock:

5. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Glad it all worked out good :) Congrats!

6. Paslis

Paslis Minimodder

The endresult of the case was great.I also like that someone from this forum bought the case.So in the end it all worked out fine.Im happy i could help with this fund raiser. :D Good job all and i hope the m oney helps John a lot. :D

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Mach - I should have known it would be you.:lol:
    Your awesome gauge just broke from the rapid increase in awesomeness, causing a leak that contaminated the entire area with awesome. It's likely you will be very awesome for some time, as the half-life has never been calculated.

-Even so, I'm rep'n you.

Waynio likes this.
  8. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

well done Mach :)

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Mach is the winning bidder :D a modder I highly respect, awesome. :clap:

That's a cherry on the cheesecake. :D:rock:

10. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Mach, Can you post some pictures after is settled into it's new home :D

*Updated thread title

11. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis What's a Dremel?

shipping today . . .will have tracking number for you.

12. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I really feel the same, that it's just awesome that the highest bidder was one from our own midst. :thumb:

Congrats on a great buy, no doubt the money will fall in a great and needed place!

Also I wish to bow down to all of you guys who made this possible. It warms my heart that there are still people in this world who will go out of their way to help a fellow spirit, whom most probably never even met! :thumb:

I am not worthy!

13. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

here here! :thumb::rock::clap:

14. DarthBeavis

sent will have tracking sent by tomorrow - hope it ships ok . . .i used Instapak inside

15. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Congrats mach, that was really kind of you, have fun with the awsome piece of art that you have got :D

16. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

Woot grats Mach and hope you really enjoy that piece of history and all the heart and love that went into that build. Really love to see it in its new home also.

Take Care

MybadOmen

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

A big bravo to Mach, a great modder and above all a great person!!!!!! Well done bro!!

18. DarthBeavis

Mach will order you a new optical drive (external if that is okay unless you prefer internal) and have it shipped to you. Please let me know today what you prefer

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This has been a great thread to watch. I'm very much for the idea of doing a charity PC once a year for a good cause/member in need - Its really good to see people bonding together over a love of bodging together PC cases :thumb:

And congrats Mach, shes a beaut.

20. Mach

Mach What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys for all the congrats. I have to admit that I feel a little like a guy sneaking out of an art museum with a Picasso stuck under my arm :). The real congrats goes to the remarkable group of modders that made this happen. I'm just the lucky guy who wound up with it when the music stopped. :)

Don't worry about it DB, you've done more than enough. I've got plenty of internal and external drives. I actually can't remember when I last used a cd or dvd in my main rig.

Will do Bill

Thanks Cheaps for the rep and awesome compliment, and sorry for the leakage :worried: