1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purple Heart "MERIT" PCS4VETS Awareness project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by alfredshuryan, 24 May 2012.

1. alfredshuryan

alfredshuryan What's a Dremel?

PCS4VETS is a foundation that recycles, refurbishes and re-issues computers to Veterans. We provide training, computers, green recycling of tech and jobs for veterans... This build is to raise this awareness and draw attention to our mission then use the system in the foundation after any shows, expos, touring or convention uses.
    [​IMG]
    The oldest military decoration for the United States, the Badge of Merit was the first American award made available to the ‘common’ soldier. When General Washington first instituted the award, it was created from purple cloth to represent courage and edged with either binding or narrow lace. The design was said to be Washington’s own and that his friend, the Marquis de Lafayette, gave him a bolt of rich purple silk from which Martha Washington stitched the first badges.
    [​IMG]
    The COSMOS is all that is or ever was or ever will be" - Carl Sagan,
    He knew Cooler Master would build it.
    This is my concept and inspiration for this MOD/Build.

August 7th 2012 is the target date for completion because:
    General Washington established the Badge of Military Merit on August 7, 1782 at Newburgh, NY. When Washington created the award, he stipulated it would be for enlisted personnel only and grant the recepient the distinction of being permitted to pass all sentinels and guards in the same manner as a commissioned officer. The award was to be a permanent award and the names of the recipients would be registered in the Book of Merit.
    [​IMG]
    Continue reading on Examiner.com The heart of military merit - National Historic Americans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/historic-ame...#ixzz1rlALJn2m

CREDITS:
    My Father who's awards will be used for this tribute and all those who have given meritoriously in service to country.
    Reno Vatio of Renovatio Modding https://www.facebook.com/RenovatioModding - Co-design and CG artist
    Ron Lee Christianson (artist); WWII Wounded Warrior Mural
    PUREOC (link), Lamptron (link),
    Mayhems cooling;
    Mybad Omen: Lighting and misc.
    Patriot Plumbing & Co. LLC
    Plus many more soon to be announced

This is some choices and layout ideas. The mural on the right side will be an original painting by artist Ron Lee Christianson who will
    put my dads face on one of the guys, his grndfathers face on another. The Purple Heart is not going there. The Mothers Gold Star will be there.
    Notice the addition of the Grill, 7 bars, patened by Jeep, it will be acrylic if i can't create with metal, acrylic might look better.

The Mothers Gold Star for Mothers who have lost a son or daughter to war may go where the CM logo is.
    [​IMG]

103rd Infantry Brigade may the on off button
    [​IMG]

The Combat Infantry Badge will be across a DVD drive door under the front slide down panel.
    [​IMG]

PLEASE NOTE* This is not an AD, SPAM or Plug, We did it ourselves for this MOD/BUILD just for fun...If this is still a violation I will remove it.

[​IMG]

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's a worthy project, but I must draw your attention to project log rule #2...

3. alfredshuryan

Thank You and I'm sorry. I wanted to show donaters there was a worthy audience.

4. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Damn Fine intro AL. Lots of people start builds logs here. Many get postponed due to their circumstances. I've watched you and your new found passion for modding on facebook since we first met, you do an excellent job there my friend. I wholeheartedly believe you will get this Eagle flying soon. I will be waiting and watching for you to crank this one up. ;)

5. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I come from a long line of Military men and im in the military my self and appreciate the tribute to the men and women that sacrificed for this country. ( some more than others)

Now that's said on with the build!

P.S. Subbed

6. alfredshuryan

7. alfredshuryan

Mechh69, ^5 and THANK YOU and your family. While I myself am a Service Disabled Vet it's those who scarificed so much more that I give honor to here. I grew up the son of a totally disabled wounded warrior who was a real hero as seargent to his platoon, heavy machine gunner, guerilla fighter, the real deal for 4 years.
    Many people don't know the real sacrifice not just in blood and body but also family and life. Doing this is my one way of helping. PCS4VETS can do so much more if people knew about us. Maybe this can help spread the word.

8. alfredshuryan

Am I supposed to deleted this log myself?

9. alfredshuryan

Am I supposed to delete this log? My case is due in next Friday and the build begins. But Not the COMOS II

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

You don't need to do anything- the rules simply state a project must contain pictures of work in process in order for it to be posted in the Project logs sub-forum. Without pictures, it will be moved to the Modding sub-forum for the time being, until you have pictures of the build under-way.

No need to delete anything ;)

11. alfredshuryan

The BUILD for Purple Heart "MERIT" for PCS4VETS

The DATA:
    ECS Z77H2-AX Black Edition
    Intel I7 2700k 3.5Ghz
    16Gb Patriot VIPER Extreme 1866Mhz
    2 X Patriot PYRO SSD drives
    PNY GTX 570 Signature Series
    Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer CPU Cooler
    CORSAIR HX1050 W/Premium cables
    Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Mouse
    NZXT FZ-140MM LED
    Phanteks Fans
    NZXT Switch 810 case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. alfredshuryan

Marching orders for "MERIT" the PCS4VETS project

The right side panel, the full one. Ron Lee Christianson who Created the recent IRON MAN Custom will do a Wounded Warrior scene. His mind is working and so is mine but It might be what happened in a true story. The Platoon Sarg ran the 50 cal. had a infantry man always stationed with him to help carry and feed ammo and armed with a rifle. The machine gun blew up from a rapid fire fight session and the two were injured badly. The infantryman worse. The scene is what I imagine would happen after. Two wounded brothers in arms one dragging the other away from a Machine Gun position showing a blown apart machine gun in the distant background. The real difficult thing to work out is putting real faces on the subjects. The Sarg is/was my dad and the art could easily picture him as one of the two wounded. This is the reason for the actual Purple Heart I show and will be in the HONOR BOX.

[​IMG]
    Update: I would love to tell everyone next year PCS4VETS Detroit will be a Recycling, Refurbishing, Tech Materials handling hub. That this location is up and working with Vets, teaching vets, giving to Vets. At the same time, running GREEN programs like refurbish huge numbers of systems and equipment. Reusing and giving a clean operating systems to hundreds maybe thousands of Vets. Self supporting and hopefully with paying jobs for vets with the learning to handle tech materials processing.

Many communities and states are moving toward electronic tech materials have to be disposed of separately. Large, medium and small companies will see a tax credit for giving systems, networks, equipment. Then we will refresh, refurbish, scrap and rebuild. Supply a job seeking Vet, a lonely Vet, restricted or limited access Vet, Gold Star Mother, widow, wife, child of a Veteran. A Veteran owned business or a Disabled Veteran Owned Business equipment to run and succeed.

Be real cool if Purple Heart "MERIT" was involved in a few to many expos, booths, gatherings, conventions and then come to rest in the Detroit office of PCS4VETS in active service, we'll need alot more than just "MERIT" but it will help alot, espcially doing CG, rendering, ad work, advertising, announcements, web pages, web ads LOGOS, TAGS and images but I'd rather see it working feverishly on new foundation programs.

I can tell you whatever hard work for PCS4VETS Detroit is doing it will probably be on "MERIT". If we tried to use my stuff? I have no web cam. My headset is falling apart and the mic rarely works... I have a MOBO and a Case in the build I just. A foundation build with budget trimmings from a 3 year savings. The machines here limped along for years running P4 478's beyond what we should have. My keyboard, Have you seen my typing? I'm not blaming it but 1/2 of my typos are this cheap borealis I've had for 2+ years. To print, I have to go to the back room and carry the printer into my work area in the living room. I have a SWEET mouse I just earned for doing a MOUSE Review of a Cyborg MMO 7 Gaming Mouse and it's being donated to the build. My own system I just built is already in active service for PCS4VETS. If you know me 40% of what you see of me is something having to with PCS4VETS. So you see, 'MERIT' will see action and fast i hope.

So what will happen to "MERIT"? I'll try my best to put it to Meritoriously performing it's duties. And maybe I'll be able to cut and paste this story as a true happening. If you begin to NOT see me around and hear of our other programs going active, I'll miss everyone but hope to work things out and have time to MOD/Build hangout and review. I used to work 100/wk for months but my body has developed a few shortcomings like simple movement for varying periods of time. I also manage a NON-Narcotic pain management program for myself as a choice for my disabilities.

SDVOB Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business. People should stop and ponder that for a moment. Service Disabled Veteran Owns this business. All of the help are volunteers. Some of the Volunteers and Board are Service Disabled Veterans. Some are children of Service Disabled Veterans. Some used to be a SDVOBusiness before. The Disabled helping all vets able and disabled. Do you see the twist? Disabled helping and not being helped. HONORABLE?

13. alfredshuryan