1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Tried to cancel my Delta Airlines American Express card because I don't use it and it costs $100/year to have. I call them, they assure me it's been done, and I still get billed the $100 dollars. Call them back....apparently the woman I spoke with never did it and there's nothing I can do about it.

2. B_HERB

And while I'm on the subject of crappy customer service, here's another: I just moved into my new apartment last week and the cable wasn't working properly (modem wasn't connecting to the internet). I was on the phone for over an hour with Charter customer service speaking with 3 different people. The first question all of them asked me:

Sir, have you tried unplugging your modem and resetting it?

FOR GODSSAKE GIVE ME A LITTLE CREDIT. Of course I tried resetting it you dolts! Why would I call if you if I didn't have to?! Turns out the guy did not install the cable correctly so I had to wait an extra 2 days for them to come back. Of course....my billing cycle had already started...grrrrrr

3. B_HERB

One more.....girlfriend of two years is moving 800 miles away (that's ~1290 KM for you UK people lol) to accept a job offer. I'm stuck here for another year and am trying to apply for schools in the that area so I can be close to her. If I don't get into school there, I don't think we will last :/

Not ruining my life....but certainly could in the near future.

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

People who don't realise there's an edit button.

SuicideNeil likes this.
  5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I've realized that i'm getting so little intellectual nourishment during the day that staying up till ungodly hours in the morning is far far easier than it should be.

Good god. I never thought I'd grow tired of sitting around being a fatass. Let alone in under two weeks after leaving college!

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Little furry cats dressed like Jesus walking on the lake behind my house while conjuring lolcat lines above and below them, I am so bloody nauseous from pills and I can't afford antinausea meds. Zofram costs $90 for something like five days worth, the other one I know of is between $30 and $50. I'm expected to be on the meds possibly for years. I think I'll just stop taking this one. I can't live like this.

7. B_HERB

Is your job the cause of this? Because so is mine. I sit in front of a computer 8 hours/day and do the exact same tasks over and over...nothing really ever changes and it becomes quite mind-numbing.

EDIT: Just realised you probably don't have a job (or haven't started yet) if you're fresh out of college. No worries my friend, you'll snap out of it. Find some extra cirricular activites that you enjoy and pursue them. Also....your education should never stop just because you graduate. Read books and take more classes if you can. That should help sate your intellectual needs!

Last edited: 30 May 2012
  8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

B_HERB, if you could please make use of the edit button instead of making multiple posts this would be appreciated. It has been considered forum etiquette for many years :)

9. B_HERB

Yessir, my bad!

10. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Idiots that think America is the only country that uses miles and not KM In fact Briton has used miles as it's distance measurement longer than America has existed :sigh:

11. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Lol I was just about to post a very similar thing. Great minds etc etc

12. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

But there are others that use KM. Maybe the for UK part should have just been left out.

Anyway: My Primary HDD has been making scratchy sounds for a month and everything has been really slow and last night it started clicking. It is at it's end and I cannot find the receipt as it should still be under warranty and my shipment for the SSD is taking forever and it is getting urgent.

13. noizdaemon666

You should be able to RMA a mechanical HDD direct to manufacturer without a receipt. They warrant from manufacture date not from when you bought it :D

14. Bob Berkowitz

Bob Berkowitz What's a Dremel?

I like my life as a whole - I have a nice flat, I have great friends, I have an amazing girlfriend but lately I’ve been having constant quarrels with my father which is pretty much ruining my day.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Where? :worried:

16. noizdaemon666

Hahaha hahaha haha ha........

[​IMG]

:lol:

17. Shirty

Broken FunnyJunk images are ruining my life right now.

EDIT: Not any more :)

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

My hangover.

19. Shirty

Post #7701 and now this. When will you youngsters ever learn :p

20. Valo

Valo Minimodder

I've found cannabis to be the best nausea relief with my pills.