1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with WizDForums.co.uk?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by cc3d, 2 Jun 2008.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

What was it?

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

One fo the few regrets of my life was not going to the Wizd forum meet. :sigh: I missed the opportunity to have high tea with Nexxo, ScopEdog and Starbuck. :rock:

[edit] Wizdforums was the forums attached to Wizard Designs watercooling shop. Unfortunately the shop closed but the forum kept going. Pug the founder, was a water cooling and modding genius as well as being a thoroughly decent bloke. He managed to attract a core of like minded and equally brilliant people who produced some great mods. One of Pug's projects was one of the first CPC magazine covers and Dutch Cedars Baddassumption which was featured in the recent greatest mods of all time article was also born there. [/edit]

Last edited: 30 May 2012
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

RIP WizD :( If this ever happens to bit-tech I'll mourn for weeks :/

[edit]

And we're having a bit-tech meet. I don't care when and where, don't care how long it takes to organize... I want it to happen!

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Agreed!

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Those were good times... :)

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

WizD was an awesome forum back in the day :thumb:

7. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

WizD is dead?! Oh bugger.

Wicked forum, where I started my modding days and learnt from some of the best ;)

The WizD meet was epic. I'll always remember things like the Irish guy in the tap and spile, and the guy from hyper nearly being done by the rozzers for 'selling dodgy goods' from his car boot.

:D

8. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Whoa...WizD dead? That is a damn shame :( What happened to pug?

Hey guys :)

9. Nexxo

Scope! Long time no see man! How are you?

10. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Everyone fell off the map about 3 years ago. I guess it was just a matter of time.

How ya doing Eddie? Long time no see. Still perusing your projects?

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

scopE! Nice to see you posting again! Pug vanished without a trace a good few years ago and the rest of us kept it going with donations for a few years before it finally died. Towards the end it was only the moderators who were posting.

12. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Hey guys! Good to see some familiar faces :)

That really sucks about Pug, he is a top guy. Wherever he is I wish him the best.

Nexxo!... ugh...life...ups and downs and ups again :) Hows things with you?

JK...hey bro! Nah unfortunately I'm not much into the modding scene anymore, which sucks because I have a small army of parts heh. I am still interested in building/designing..I think that's something you don't easily lose. I recently designed a part to sorta transform an "adult" scooter and I have a machinist friend of mine making it. So yeah...still like working with metal :) How about you?

DRB...Heeey! Damn it sucks about WizD, really. It was such a small tight-knit community of enthusiasts. I liked its underground feel and the staff was tops.

Good to see BT around though, this is how I started all of this. I can't believe it's been ten years since I started this account...time does fly...

Is there a meet happening some time? I wouldn't mind taking a trip anywhere and splitting a few beers with you guys :rock:

13. Nexxo

There was a Bit-Tech pub quiz in London recently, and may happen again some time. Before that some of us met at the London International Technology Show last year, when Bit-Tech/Custom PC had a stand there.

Otherwise we could meet again in Birmingham like the good ol' days. :thumb:

14. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Hmm...very interesting nexxo...If one comes up I might have to fly out :) Or Birmingham is an option, but everyone is so scattered about?

Anyone heard from Matt(starbuck) or Pieter (dutchcedar)?

Is there someone out there who could lend me a couple of MBs on their site? I'd like to post one picture from that WizD meet from 2006..the famous group shot :rock:

Teelzebub likes this.
  15. Nexxo

You now have a photo album attached to your Bit-Tech account. Click User CP, an in the left menu column under Networking there's Pictures & Albums. You can upload pics there and paste their link as usual.

Matt seems to be doing OK. He is a contact on Flickr so occasionally I see snippets of his life. :)

16. Risky

Risky Modder

I very nearly paid for another year's hosting, but "there was no money left" at the time.

Still a shame. My only peice of really original modding (on the AP1500 24V PSU) was posted there :(.

17. slame

slame Pix, sonst glaub ich nix !

Hey guys ...

awesome meet indeed. Tempted to grab out some old pics. :)

18. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but was just wondering if anyone has heard or seen from Pug?

I sponsored his Hexadragon PC build with Modders Mesh in 2003, and featured it on my page.

Hope hes doing OK? and good to see some familar names again here :rock:

[​IMG]