1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Already done, Pano. Just need your details and we are good to go then :D I'm just sending you a PM in this regard.

Edit: to clear up and pinpoint the timing issue, if I'm going to be moderating the match then I would suggest Sunday, rather than Saturday. Turns out that ontop of working I also have a good few hours of volunteering, so it may not work out too well (I'll basically be busy between 03:00-19:00GMT, which is well past midnight for me). If Saturday works out better for everybody else though I am more than willing to get everything in place and ready to go for somebody else to administer whilst I am away.

Last edited: 30 May 2012
  2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I don't mind being one of the people keeping an eye out. I'd suggest that those people are in Creative mode, if the mods will support it, simply because that way they're an unkillable force of doom to any player that isn't really doing anything, rather than everyone charging the admin, flattening them, then stealing the diamond stuff they were likely using.

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

There are two ways I can do this with the current mods: you can either set yourself as op, allowing you to switch back and forth between game modes for your character, and/or be an admin, which is a different user group from the default (we'll call them "unclean") user group, preventing default users from harming an admin, though this latter option doesn't solely allow for game mode changing.

Biggest problem I foresee with having more than one sponsor/moderator is that I don't know how many people will be taking part in this little event we have going on, so we may end up with a bit of a ghost town going on if we're not careful. :p Thus, if you know somebody that would like to join that isn't a member of our lovely little forum here, feel free to invite them on down so we can have as many as possible! I would not at all mind cramming 20 of us in there at once for a good and exciting match.

@Pete: if memory serves the difficulty determines how hunger and health work, and how hard mobs hit. On hardcore your health doesn't regenerate (without golden apples or such), you get hungrier much quicker, and mobs hit well harder - plus there is more of them (I think). Ultra Hardcore mod modifies the way in which crafting works, requiring you to use golden ingots rather than gold dust for golden apples and glistering melon, plus these health items don't give anywhere near as much health boost.

For the map as it stands now each starting platform includes either torches or the means to make torches, food or a way to acquire food, and one or two bonus items. Aside from that there is lots of food spread about in hidden chests, though not all of the "secret" areas go anywhere or do anything (and a few are deliberate traps). This is true of the map the Yogscast are using, and is the one I feel we should go with as the more I play it, the more I appreciate it and can see more opportunities for fun and mayhem.

Until Pano and I get things settled my server should still be joinable, so if you want to take a look about the map feel free to jump on. I wouldn't mind doing some testing of the mods with a few other players on as well!

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I really will have to sit down and code my own food-mod. I get tired of Hardcore where you're hungry then dead within two minutes. I'd have it stop at two-thirds of the health gone, wait 24 in-game hours, then straight up murder the player if they've not had the wisdom to eat something by then. SImply because then it's not such a mad, panicked scramble for food, but the offset is you have even less health to work with, plus that ticking clock that'll teabag you to death on the chime.

5. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

24 MC hours = 20 Earth minutes.

6. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

Have we lost the maps?

7. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Hey guys, I don't come on the server...But same as a lot of people, I would be up for Hunger games if its being run this weekend..

8. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Who's excited for TRIPWIRE?!?

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

So guys, can we get something concrete about these hunger games?

Someone needs to step forwards and take control or we'll be talking about things forever.

10. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I'll do it now.
    I've not slept tonight, and im getting a hangover.
    Great.

Edit: PM'd malvolio with the FTP details

The servers IP will be: hungergames.blockjunkies.co.uk

Last edited: 1 Jun 2012
  11. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I really want to get involved with the hunger games but my PC is currently dead and I don't have the money to repair it! I've not played a game for nearly 2 months!

Maybe next time :(

12. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Thought I already did this though...?

Sunday, 1500GMT (be on the server then, and we'll kick things off as soon as we're full). hungergames.blockjunkies.co.uk

Edit: I wouldn't mind if we could all jump onto a TS or Vent server as well, just to make things easier to get organised. Once the games get going there isn't really a need for constant voice communication (indeed it would be detrimental to the competition), but initially it will make things quite a bit easier and quicker. Bit does have a TS server readily available, and I believe it is just a matter of PM'ing Knuck for the password.

13. Panomama

teamspeak.blockjunkies.co.uk

Sorted:thumb:

EDIT: Oh, and I'm busy on sunday for the most part, may I turn it on in the morning?

14. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yep, turn it on whenever it is most convenient for you, Pano :) Do you mind running it for today so a little testing can be done? I won't be able to jump on until about 01:00GMT (so, Saturday morning in the UK, basically), but better sort things out now rather than the day of, right? The map is backed up under /mapbackup/ to allow for a full restore, but I wouldn't mind just checking to ensure that everything is running as it should do. And thanks for the heads up on the TS server!

15. Panomama

I already checked it (a).
    But sure, i'll turn it on, and whitelist it for you.
    And op.

EDIT: Your MC name is malvolio_stick?

16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yeppers. And I should have already been op/admin'd on the server, unless you're talking about something else :p

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Would someone mine PM'ing me to remind me on Sunday please? :)

18. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yes, I can happily do this for you. If anybody else requires this just let me know via PM or just in this thread.

And it's a good thing I've made a backup of the map, as quite rather a lot of the chests (every single one by the looks of it) have been looted :p

19. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I felt we needed a poster as it always makes things feel so legitimate and professional, so here is something I just whipped up which absolutely ruins both of those notions.

[​IMG]

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Oh, my minecraft user is the same as on here :) I use it for everything :D