1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant God it hurts!

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 6 Jun 2012.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I had my bottom wisdom teeth out last Tuesday(again, turns out I had two sets on the bottom(and none on the top??))
    and on the left side I have a dry socket. It's a huge hole in my jaw! If I open my mouth you can see my jaw bone. And does it ever hurt! On 30mg of codeine and 600mg of ibuprofen. Was also given a gel called sockit (http://sockitgel.com/Home.html) to fill it but it doesn't last very long.
    I wake up in the middle of the night when the pain killers have worn off and pop two pills of codeine and one of the ibuprofen. It takes about an hour for them to kick in to the point where I can fall back asleep. This is seriously the most pain I have ever felt in my entire life.
    And god forbid someone look at me the wrong way because I have become such a ***** from the pain and drugs.
    Just ranting. would like to punch someone/something but the last thing I need is a broken hand as well.

/rant

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Would not Bonjela help numb the hole? Might be worth a shot if nothing else...

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I'm guessing that Bonjela is a name for a benzocaine solution for tooth pain. If it is, grab some. When I had my teeth out, it saved me from insanity. (Granted, I had ALL of them out at once, but that's what a fast moving necrotizing infection does to you.)

Hot salt water tastes like ass but relieves some of the pain. Hot compresses helped too. Room temperature drinks (if you can stand them) helped immensely too. I fought it off and on for about seven years before they finally just took them all and the infected bone/muscle. So I feel for you. Dry socket sucks hardcore. And many dentists will refill pain pills if you get one, cause they hurt so bad.

4. chrisb2e9

Looks like Bonjela is a UK thing?

5. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

I tend to eat the full tube of Bonjela...

6. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Ask your doc fro some trammadol

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

didn't have a dry socket but remember them sending me home with info on that.. wash with a lot of salt water.. tooth particles come through the gum, it's weird but nothing to be alarmed about- your gums will form around the sharp bone that's left and it'll eventually heal

really not as bad as it seems.. should have sent you home with gauze to chew on till it clots up good.. dentists make a bundle cause they know a lot of people just can't take pain and will be back for another visit.. I just used 2 tylenol every 4 hours and that was good enough.. they prescribed vicodin xD noticed a lot of people take the gas too- I don't like waking up with pants unbuttoned so went with the novacain (like a boss) and walked out with a mouth full of gauze

the only weird part is the bone that makes it way through the gum- chips of bone.. think my filipino healing factor is out of control though- so might not be the same for others with more monkey genes.. might as well give some fundamental tips too- avoid surprise buttsecks like the plague using gaydar

if it's going off all the time.. it's probably because your about to be surprised- from behind or the side.. take the defensive position

[​IMG]

8. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Clove oil.

I had a pretty bad dry socket after I had a tooth pulled and that was the only thing that properly stopped the pain. Tastes like hell and kinda burns your lips if you get too much on them, but if you put some on cotton wool and bite down on it then it will give you relief.

Was a lifesaver for me! It'll pass mate, but it really is one of the most painful things I've endured too.

9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

+clove oil.

it's amazing stuff.

10. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Three words...

Single Malt Whisky......

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Sorry, can't help you. I am hated and despised by virtually every adult I've met regarding wisdom teeth, 3 out of 4 are through and I've had roughly 4 minutes of pain once. :D The missus swears by clove oil though.

12. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I've got all four wisdom teeth and only ever had a mild ache :p The other half had a fair bit of pain with hers though. A lot of paracetamol was taken.

Teelzebub likes this.
  13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

11 replies and still no-one's mentioned the grocer's apostrophe in the title?!

That's the real painful thing going on here! :D

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Maybe they were worried about the OP finally having a mental breakdown and killing them? Corrected anyway. :)

15. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

This

Preferably cask strength, somewhere around the 58-60% mark (by vol), but obviously this may affect your driving!

Also +1 on room temperature fluid, ideally just water & nothing else, keep swishing that around. I also used Corsodyl, which helps keep it clean like the whisky does but doesn't leave you stinking like a distillery.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Bonjela won't touch it (wrong ingredients) - and it's not available in North America anyway. I do feel for the OP though, I've always been very lucky with my teeth (touch wood) but I've seen my dad go through some serious pain :(

Oh, and I have all 4 wisdom teeth and didn't notice them popping through at all. Props to my childhood dentist who removed my four 1st molars when I was 12. The second molars moved in to fill the gaps and gave the wisdom teeth space to pop out quite early on in my twenties.

Sorry to rub salt in the dry sockets and all...

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

You have my sympathy. Mouth pain is horrid as there is just no escaping it..not that you can escape pain anywhere on ya body, but you can sometimes forget about it.

Don't remember more than a mild ache when my wisdoms were coming through, and I've not had dentist work done since I've had my adult set of teeth. I've got those horrendous moments before me as my teeth inevitably wear-out as I get older. Joy..

18. chrisb2e9

Yesterday I think I would of been able to reach through the internet and kill someone.

Today I went to my regular dentist and he put something else in the wound. Everything on that side of my mouth is numb. Sweet relief!

19. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Clove oil is really the only thing that works!

Teelzebub likes this.