1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I haven't tried any PvE yet at all, it looks really good but I don't want to soil the story and too many of the starting events since doing them too much would make me bored when it actually comes out. This happened for me in Swtor.

I can't decide what profession to play though all the ones I've tried in PvP were really fun.

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

cannot wait for this,
    Pre-ordering on tuesday...

Norn Male Necro im thinking! :D

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

the slick shoes on the engineer is pretty fun.. then just bomb the heck out of them when they're down- was messing around with that a bit on mondays stress test

be nice if it came out end of june.. but knowing anet- probably more like christmas

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

5. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Late July?

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

woops, was very late when i was looking around for that sorry, was very sleepy... but still, it points towards a not so distant release date.

7. thehippoz

looks like anet is limiting builds early on using tiers =[

guess with diablo getting as big as it is, they have to do more hand holding..

anyways raffle for beta keys if you need any..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-IcNhQ2_bU

8. thehippoz

9. rollo

rollo Modder

not really sure guildwars 2 will be any different from the zillion other mmos released at the minute

10. thehippoz

yeah we'll see in the next beta how badly they dumbed the game down even more with the new tiers.. loved the original gw because it wasn't snuffaluffagus friendly and could get really complex much like eve.. like gw2 there's no hexes just conditions and boons

gw1 you had hexes, shouts, echos, chants, weapon spells.. not to mention a ton of synergies to play with.. it kind of limited the player base though

loved playing with my hp using runes and basing that on percentages versus heath regen.. it could get kind of bucktooth- not to mention offhands that allowed you to hold sustained monk enchants at 17 instead of 16 at cast.. before cons the game was pretty much a bucktooths playground

guildwars 2 thought it would be horrible.. but after playing- it has a whole lot of content even if the pace is a lot slower.. bad thing they are trying to get the same crowd who think diablo 3 is a great game- only way to do that is to simplify it to the point where there is no originality..

oh well.. it's basically free to try out now with a pre order ;)

11. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

It's not really "dumbing" down the game. It's more the majority of MMO players need baby sitting through the entire game. Look at WoW, when you actally had to think about things the game was good and not as popular, things get easy and dumbed down, 12million subs.

This doesn't bother me too much though. I'll be playing PvP 90% of the time so I get everything anyway. :p

12. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

I wish this game would hurry up, been looking forward to it for years.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

No mmo can live up to the hype that guild wars 2 has, to many quitting wow to play guild wars 2 so they will be the huge wow is better crowd in game think I'll give it a few months this time around and see how it develops

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ironically, those are the people that make WoW the bag of monkey **** that it is :lol: I hope they don't flood GW2 QQing about how it's now WoW.

It's not a case of hoping it's awesome any more though, it IS awesome, I just can't wait to play more of it :D

15. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Gw2 is pretty low on the hype level compared to recent MMO's - Looking at SWToR mainly.

It can easily live up to it's hype since it gets rid of all the annoy crap in generic MMO's.

16. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

anyone else notice a resemblance here?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

I have barely slept since Friday :yawn:

It's going to take me a few days for my body and brain to recover, but I have had so much fun this weekend with the game! I did everything I wanted to do and it was really satisfying at everything. I finished the story quests, got to level 32 by going to all the different available zones, did the instance which was super fun, and I spent some time doing the PVP battleground type things. Can't wait for release! Hope it's not too far off.

The only thing I didn't get to see was WvWvW which I see people talking about but I don't even know what or where it is or how it works.

p.s. Did anyone do the final battle of the circus story quest? [spoiler coming - look away if you haven't done the end of that quest]. When you have to fight the main bad guy, how did you guys cope? I must have died like 5 times. I only completed it because I could respawn up the hill and just run back and unload all my spells on the enemies before they spotted me. I would take out a few bad guys and then die, then respawn and repeat the process until I finally won. It was fun and I got the job done in the end, but it did make me wonder if I was doing something wrong to keep dying like that.

18. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i know that feel bro. im so jacked up on coffee and lack of sleep/physical activity....tomorrow is going to suck at work :D

got my engineer to lvl 32 and got to see and do so much awesomness though. i have about a gig and a half of screenies!

heard a lot of people saying it was running smoother for them this weekend than last. i honestly didnt have any problems last weekend until the final event when the lag went through the roof. no problems this time though.

in fact it was running well enough that i could snap this:

[​IMG]

2 monitors, 2 game clients. GW1 is at 150fps in that photo. GW2 is at at least 30 id guess.

19. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I only had a couple of crashes but I'm putting that down to a driver issue, otherwise I was trundling along quite happily at 60 fps dropping to 45 or so when the action picks up.

Unfortunately I didn't get as much time in game as I would've liked but I spent some of Saturday and all of Sunday working on the personal story which had bugged from the last beta.

As with the last one I now can't wait for the next one.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I made point of not playing much, the game is looking and playing so brilliantly that I don't want to see any more before release now.

Nice find though wicked, I like the arenanet arena :D