1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 3D printed USB drive

Discussion in 'Modding' started by llamafur, 6 Jun 2012.

1. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

Well, the final for my 3d autocad class was to design a functioning USB drive case. I chose to make a Gold Bar Drive. Really enjoyed the class. 10/10 would take again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sea Shadow likes this.
  2. Reconnec7ed

Reconnec7ed What's a Dremel?

Personally I would have milled it out of aluminium, polished it and called it the silver bar drive. But each to there own :p

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I would have milled it out of a solid platinum ingot and called it the platinum bar drive. But in all seriousness I'd love to do an autocad course, it looks amazing fun!

4. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

We have the tools to do that at school, but that's in another class. The idea for this as a final came up out of the blue when we were discussing what we'd like to have as our final project.

5. Dudey109

Dudey109 Minimodder

Looks good, would look much better in yellow or gold as the name would suggest.

The final pictures look more like a square than a gold bar shape but the cad drawing looks correct so its just the angle of the shots that gives that impression.