1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress "Little Angel" - * COMPLETED! - Final pictures pages 20 & 21 *

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by xSoMBrAx, 8 Oct 2011.

?

What to do: Black or white tubing!?

1. Black!

26 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. White!

36 vote(s)
    55.4%
  3. No idea, I hate water cooling!

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

what did it cost ?
    That looks sooo damn sexy :D

2. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

It cost nothing, I designed it they made it for me ;)
    Contact them for a quote! :)

I've been doing some wiring for the GPU lately and figuring out how to route them to the PSU's since it's getting very busy down there xD

[​IMG]

I already got my GTX 680's but just recieved one EK block, the other one is on it's way... I rushed after seeing their new design lol :duh::duh::duh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I will do some sleeving tonight! :)

3. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

i think you did the right thing the new Blocks look awful the layout is great but the Circles and the frosting of the the Plexi is Shocking hopefully with all the backlash they've had they will either make Replacement Tops or just go back to the Clear Plexi with no Circles

Last edited: 9 Jun 2012
  4. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis What's a Dremel?

you realize you are in for problems when the nickle-plating flakes on your EK blocks?

5. Reconnec7ed

Reconnec7ed What's a Dremel?

And you realise that this issue was way back in 2011 and EK were made aware of it and have corrected the issue?

6. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

I purchased the XSPC blocks for this mobo, incase i decide to buy the mobo one day myself.

Eks site does show the mosfet block also.

My xspc block was somewhat bent, god knows how it was bent, unless a forklift or a house fell on it, but i managed to bend back in a vice, to save rmaing.

So the xspc block may be an option, if you can find stock, as i had the last one from Specialtech.

looking nice though.

Also not liking the new csq block design by ek

7. DarthBeavis

not from what I have read. Sidewinders gave some insight NSFW image so do not click if boss is looking ) http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58257

8. DarthBeavis

9. Mizugetsu

Well i've never had any issue and at certain points I've used tap water with blue food dye in my loops with copper naked block on CPU and nickel 8800gtx With no issues

10. DarthBeavis

what does that have to do with problems with nickle-plating?

11. Mizugetsu

Well everyone says that eks nickel plating is corroded by people who are using ultra pure waters and silver coil descalers is what causes ek nickel to have it's issues I'm just saying if I'm running the dirtiest most ghetto coolant which hasn't been changed in 3 years and my loop still
    Looks fresh and clean what are people putting in the loops ****ing hydrochloric acid here's a tip stop belly aching EK have changed there nickel plating process which can only be only really be tested by people who are running 680 nickel and 680 CSQ blocks for 6+ months.

12. DarthBeavis

no they changed it before then . . .you might try to actually know what you are talking about before commenting

Video of EK EN vs old way August 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHoBBmlljs

680s launched I March 2012 I think (I was at the NVIDIA launch event)

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Believe me, EK's nickel issues are far from over. They're still seeing new blocks die on XS, and their process isn't any better now-as well as their machining.

Distilled and silver should have no effect on any block. EK's claim that it does is pure misdirection because the plating does not hold up to any standard depth-US, EU or otherwise for legally being called plated. I've autopsied blocks from them where it peeled off like tissue paper.

DB wasn't trying to be a jerk-he doesn't want to see you lose this loop six months down the road, which is completely possible. Nor do I for that matter. I lost block, tubing fittings pump and res, and just did get everything blasted out of the rad it was using. Not I heard, or someone posted, I personally lost that. And I don't care to see others get burned like I did.

14. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

I'm aware of the EK nickel plating problems but I couldn't find any other block that I liked to use for this project.

Also the Acetal + copper were not available and I wasn't sure about the looks...

*Fingerscrossed*

15. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Little update from the HDD's and SSD's rack

[​IMG]

I've added the SATA data cables, by the pictures it looks like it's just one connected but using 90º angled cable I managed to connect all of them without many troubles.

[​IMG]

Side picture to better show you what I mean

[​IMG]

Yes... now all of the wires you see need to be sleeved of course!
    Still trying to decide what pattern to follow but I was thinking Vanilla for the SSD's, black for the caviar blacks and white for the other RAID 1 drives...

16. DarthBeavis

Love the custom power wires (did that on a project without sleeving comes out great).

For the block: I suggest you have it plated yourself.

17. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Have it chromed. Swiftech never had any issues on their MCW60-4870 blocks. I have two of them and they still had coolant in them when i bought them used and they are flawless.

18. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Yes I really like the end result so they are going to stay like that :)

I've been busy with sleeving, I will show you just a before and after pics... more to come!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

19. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

I love it ! What did you strap the sleeved cables with ?

20. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Thanks!
    I used nylon thread and wire lacing to have the wires to stay like that.

More pics later.