1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Now that's what I call Customer Service!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 8 Jun 2012.

1. law99

law99 Custom User Title

If you opened every box yourself to check for quality, you'd never get round to selling anything. But at the same time, if that is the quality you expect from magicool... Maybe don't stock magicool

2. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Its interesting that the protective cover on the brackets is still on, which would indicate that it is as new.

I cant see someone taking the effort to try fit the film back on before returning it as faulty (not impossible, but unlikely).

I think that you do usually see a few bent fins though.

But if your not happy, then you should deffo return it. although personally if it worked ok i cba with messing with rma, but thats just me.

Atleast you know the replacement will be individually checked now :D

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

I didn't have the issues Crappy is having, they are perfectly fine.

[​IMG]

Obviously something's gone wrong, good to see that aquatuning will sort it, but the comment about the quality that they expect from magicool, is just terrible. If they have concerns about quality from a manufacturer then they shouldn't trade with them simple.

4. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Aquatuning certainly can't be excused if this the quality they expect, as they said, and they're still selling them.
    The only thing I was questioning was whether they were used or new. I suspect the Rad that Crappy bought was 'new' but not looked after during the manufacturing/QC process by Magicool.

Anyway, they weren't in the condition you were expecting from a product sold as new. It's good that Aquatuning are sorting it for you. It sounds like it's a product which has caused them hassle and I imagine they'll be talking to suppliers about it.

Hope you get a quick resolution :thumb:

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I think we can do without the inflammatory remarks guys! As long as the issue is sorted then all will be well. If we only had to worry about damaged RADs in life then I'd consider myself lucky! :thumb:

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Rads can be extremely dangerous.....

[​IMG]

7. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Aha the joys of internet retailing...

Lets get a few things straight shall we, firstly I am replying to you in my personal time (not getting paid) giving you the courtesy of knowing the thread you have posted and the issue you have is being looked at

Secondly how am I supposed to take your reply? Does this come across as rude/aggressive to you? Is this the way that you would like me to talk to you?

Your evaluation is based on viewing a limited amount of information, where as I have had over 10 years experience dealing with these products on a daily basis and detailed manufacture based RMA statistics. So I can tell you there have been some some problems with these in the past and i'm sorry the product you have received do not meet your level of satisfaction. The situation will be resolved.

It was mentioned by another poster that we simply cannot check each of the 1,117,891 products that we have. The responsibility here lies solely with the manufacturer sadly some slip through the net like in this case.

Also regarding the question why do we stock these? we are under contract to buy every thing in the range as we are a distributor, sadly not all of magicools products are "quality consistent" but they do make good radiators over all.

Now lets quickly evaluate this nice post.

The screw threads have been used? Based on the fact the protective film has been punctured?
    This is done during the manufacture stage all the bending, cutting and threading of the metal is done with the protective film on giving it this look.

So because a customer has stated he's not happy with a product and we have instantly offered to recertify the situation you fell it necessary to break out the pitchforks?

But thank you for recommending Specialtech they are great guys ;) (p.s who do you think supplies them...)

End of rant :thumb:

MightyBenihana likes this.
  8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I worked at borders once and this man came in for a book that the system showed on stock. Now, I couldn't find it. It was lost.

He, rather than accepting that this can happen, told me that he used to own a shoe smiths and he could never lose an item because of the nightly audits that they did.

I asked him how big the shop was. He said it was the standard shoe smith size shop. To this I replied that over the course of the 3 years I had worked there, there was quite possibly at least 100,000 active product lines in the store and that it took a team of auditors at roughly twice our operational size as well as additional help from ourselves two night shifts and two day shifts whilst we were open for business, to account for everything.

He then told me; "so you say! I'd still make it happen. Every night! To avoid exactly this situation." He got riled up, and then left in a huff.

If I was to bet where his book was, I'd say it was stolen. Or fallen down the gap between the lift and the shop floor. And there you have another 2 options outside my pay bracket, let alone the scope of the business: super slueth willing to watch back quite possibly years worth of videotape or lift engineer, which I wouldn't even know where to start. Something about counter weights?

We can't check everything and sometimes we have to cut our losses...

The guy wouldn't let me order the book in.

9. The_Crapman

I'm sorry if you took that post as such, that was not my intention. The ham fisted comment was regarding whoever I beleived to have received them previously, whether this was the case or not, who knows and who cares. Mistakes happen, it's a fact of life (my dad always mumbles something bout a mistake whenever I bother him:eyebrow: ), I was just a little shocked at such an open statement about a manufacturer. It may well be the case that their qc department isn't as thourough as they should be, I just didn't see the need to publicise it.

I'm very greatful that you're willing to rectify the situation and apologise for taking up your weekend. I won't let this experience tarnish my view of your company, especially as ikve already picked out the rest of my loop. Lol

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Glad to see we've chilled out a bit here guys. Nitrix is giving up his/her time to personally be in this forum and respond to the thread, that should be applauded. So let's remember to be civil, yeah? There's nothing in this thread that's been said that couldn't be said in a polite, friendly manner.

11. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I've always used Specialtech anyway so am unable to comment on aquatuning. But at least they have offered a no quibble return on it.

That has been man handled by some moron for sure though.

12. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've always had extremely good service from AT, Nitrix in particular, either for RMA's, items lost by Royal Mail or product enquiries.

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

For such a niche market I've been surprised by how responsive retailers of water cooling gear have been. I had a very pleasant experience dealing with C&C Central as one example. I'm pleased to read the above reassurances from Aquatuning as well.

14. The_Crapman

I've certainly been impressed with their customer services, as I said in a prior post. Got a reply to my email in minutes, not days as is often the case and nitrix has kindly kept me informed in his spare time. I've never had that from any other company.

15. The_Crapman

Firstly I'd like to apologise to Aquatuning. What started out as seeking advise on the state of the rads as a first time buyer, quickly turned into a witch hunt. Pitchforks, torches and all
    [​IMG]

That was never my intention and I'm sorry that's how it ended up.

Now to the happy ending :D (no not that kind!:nono:)
    I can not stress just how good their customer service is. Too many companies seem to have great customer service when taking your money, but not so great when there's a problem. Pascal was fast as lightening in responding to my emails and resolving the situation. He let me know the rads had arrived back before I'd even asked and arranged a credit to my account that same day and offered a full refund if I so wished.

I'd changed my mind on the rads and wanted some Alphcool ST30's which unfortunately they didn't have in stock, but they did have the res, pumps and fittings I wanted, so after paying the differencve these were delivered free of charge and arrived today, with the customery sugary treat.
    [​IMG]

Not only did Pascal sort this all out for me with just a few emails, but while perusing the latest news and reviews, he came across these little beauties from coolgate and remebering I had a hankering for copper, forwarded me the link .
    [​IMG]

Aquatruning - for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts:thumb:

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This is full of all kinds of win. If I could rep Aquatuning I would :thumb:

17. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

you can rep me ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback The_Crapman so many dont take the time to do this.

18. The_Crapman

You're very welcome. Was the least I could do and as soon as i've finalised my loop design, you'll be getting an order for a boat load more fittings and some other bits too :)

Last edited: 6 Jul 2012
  19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nitrix I'll ultra-rep you tomorrow, I'm all out of rep to give at the second :)

Pookeyhead and Teelzebub like this.
  20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I personally love the AT guys. I made them a picture denoting my love for them and they sent me free stuff (not going to say what as I don't want Nitrix to get harassed) :D The only issue I have is the delivery times. If they were shorter it'd be the perfect site!