1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Feel like a tool now, forgot I'd ordered 3 shades of purple. Began painting test model in the mid tone instead of the dark tone. Figured out why 7 layers later it wasn't looking right...

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

has anyone looked at armourcast stuff ??
    someone i used to game with just picked up a load of stuff from there
    from creaters to pillboxs to complete buildings that are waiting to be axed up

http://armorcast.com/store/index.php

they even do some of there own models ( orc with guitar ?? yes please :) )

3. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

My first ginger ogre...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

Sorry if it's already been discussed but is anyone getting involved in the Mantic Games Kickstarter?
    kickstarter.com/kings-of-war

I'm in for $175 so far. Seems like a good deal for the amount on offer.

Anyone have any experience with Mantic figures?

5. philheckler

Interesting concept that kickstarter , like their fantasy models too...

Paint brush is flying this week.. started work on the ironblaster , rhynox almost done just need some tidying up....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

@burnoutuk;
    I had a couple of Kings of War (Dwarf Army) models back around 2010 that I picked up from the Bring & Buy at a show, the models were made of a fairly cheap plastic and weren't cast very well with a few bits breaking; visually they looked good enough for using as the basic troops in a WFB army though.

I'd imagine they've improved drastically in the material quality though as they seem to have a fair bit of popularity on that Kickstarter.
    ------

On a completely different note;
    I've recently picked up a starter set for Dystopian Wars (steampunk naval combat), gone for the Antarctica nation and I must say the detail on the models is absolutely fantastic for the price!
    Can't wait for my new paints to arrive so I can start getting them ready for gaming.

Here's a few photos of the unpainted set from my phone:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://forums.bit-tech.net/album.php?albumid=1158&pictureid=27624
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/album.php?albumid=1158&pictureid=27625
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/album.php?albumid=1158&pictureid=27628
    ------

@philheckler;
    That Rhynox is coming along really nice!
    Is it going to have a rider or are you keeping it unmounted?

7. philheckler

Thanks , the rhynox is part of the ironblaster kit - its pulling a big gun , no rider as such.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1330011a

8. suenstar

That's a great looking canon. It's almost enough to make me start an Ogre army.
    I wonder how complicated it would be to make it so the canon can be angled at different heights during a game.

:) Getting canons was the reason I started off on Dwarfs for my first army.

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

looking at those ships it makes me wish that GW would re-boot the battlefleet gothic models
    i have a couple of badly painted chaos crusiers that came with a load of paints i picked up a while ago and while they are good...the models look REALLY dated

10. suenstar

I'd love for them to revisit Battlefleet too.
    I used to love the Necron ships; the Cairn Class Tombship and the Scythe Class Harvest Ship.
    They just seem to look wrong nowadays as if they were the bad casts from a production line. :(

I think the closest ranges to it at the moment are Firestorm Armada and A Call to Arms - Noble Armada, though in terms of scale on the models they don't quite compete with Gothic's ships.

11. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

I thought I would pop in and ask a question. Is ebay the only effective way to sell assembled painted Warhammer? I have probably >£300 well painted Space Marine army that has done nothing for 18 months and needs to go, but looking on ebay it seems like I would get next to nothing for it. Is that simply the situation or are there other ways to sell?

12. philheckler

#

The main cannon is mounted on a horizontal pivot so provided you don't put glue on the pivot it could be moved , only issue is the ogre gunner is has a strap that wraps around the back of the cannon... which would restrict movement...

[​IMG]

13. suenstar

I'm not aware of many places to sell complete and painted models; off the top of my head there are only two places that I can think of.

The Bit-Tech Marketplace, though you'll most likely make the same if not less than what you'd get from ebay. You'd probably have to spend a good time itemising the lot and sell much of it in small bundles too.

The Bring & Buy table at a wargames show, you could probably get away with selling most of the army in one big bulk at a show without needing to list much of what is included as it'll all be visible in a container.
    The main downside for selling at a show (other than having to drag it all to the show) is that you usually get lots of Space Marines on the table so people may prefer to go for the smaller sets for a lower price (you you could split stuff up again).

Hmm, based on that it could be as simple as changing the ogre's strap for something with a good bit of flex to it and a minor bit of care in setting the pivot.

So tempted to start an Ogre army now!

14. philheckler

Ogre Leadbelchers are cool if you like cannon...

[​IMG]

15. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

does anyone know where i could get some sort of table rubber/neoprene mat. I need one to protect my nice new desk from dints, scratches, paint, glue etc.

i was looking at hobby cutting mats but they are just totally wrong size. Ideally i need something around 70-100cm wide and 35-40cm deep. If i can get something around this size i can get PC towers on there too when im repairing.

anyone any ideas ?

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Well it is true, you can't beat a fat guy with a big gun...

I figured I should really be getting some painting done, got far too much still to do on both my Templars and Space Wolves so:

[​IMG]

Nothing special in terms of quality, I am just going for neat and tidy which will look fine (unless you are holding them up close...) True, the bases are more than a little old school but I think a monochrome scheme needs a little pick me up otherwise, although they can look very good, there doesn't seem to be any colour there at all.

Plus those bases were already done 9 years ago...

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

How about an A2 mat (600x450)?

18. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

I think 45 is too deep as my desk (from remembering cant find tape measure is only 40cm deep)

19. philheckler

I've been using cheap notice boards from asda as my painting / modelling surface , changed now to a sheet of mdf (offcut from my apo baord..)

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Warseer and Daka daka, if the models are painted well may get better then ebay.

More good painting as usual phil, looking forward to the finished board/army.

Battlefleet gothic, gw could return to it- i beleive its bloodbowl this year for the christmas release, maybe even give it to forge world as they have their Aeronautica Imperialis range.