1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos The 'post your desktop' thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 26 Apr 2005.

1. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I must admit it did spin me out at times, but it was really good - season one was very much about helping, and so on but the second one just messed me up real good - probably my favourite episodes were the last episodes of seasons 1 & 2, Epitaph and Epitaph 2. The pilot was quite enjoyable, even though it never got shown, and Joss ended up writing bits in throughout both seasons. Mo Tancharoen in Epitaph 2 was cute as well lol!

2. SamL

SamL What's a Dremel?

@SuicideNeil - thanks very much! Currently exploring a few different skins, lovely bit of software!

Wondering if I should start a Rainmeter skin thread, to allow people to share & talk about different skins - if there isn't one already...?

3. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Here's my background, with the entire image from Tienanmen Square:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jun 2012
    Throbbi likes this.
  4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It's not exclusively for Rainmeter, but you're in it ;) It wouldn't hurt to start a separate one for RM :thumb:

5. SamL

SamL What's a Dremel?

I'll get right onto it!

Wondering whether or not to include instructions on how to set it up for first-time users (even though it is a piece of pi-)...

Edit: Done! Posted in the software section

Last edited: 17 Jun 2012
  6. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Here's a couple of Hinds and a fiddled-with Samurize config.

[​IMG]

7. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Man, I haven't been on here in a while. Sorry for the wait! I'm sure someone has already answered this for you, but I'm going to also because it will make me feel better :) .

I'm using the rainmeter skin Omnimo. Everything you see is from this theme (except for the wallpaper, obviously).

-Tad

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Wow, cool, that Samurize app looks good. Is it easy to use, I found just navigating their web page a challenge.

I'd like something that feeds back system info from CPUz, MSI afterburner and something that measures my net usage.

9. Parge

Oh, now I've seen yours! I love all the widgets down the side, how did you do that?

I have a big desktop area and nothing to put on it!

10. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Spent a while hacking open the Rainmeter config I had, I think it looks pretty damn sweet now.

[​IMG]

11. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

The editor interface (my screenshot) is WYSIWYG, and there are probably plugins or scripts for the above, if WMI or perfmon doesn't do it for you.

12. Parge

Your not wrong - it looks amazeballs!

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Most of it is just bGlass, i've tweaked it to make the IPdetection work, add in more drives, altered the background colour lightly, and touched up the Winamp widget, because the original one was missing that title bar, and it annoyed the crap out of me.

That and made four clones of the blanking bars so I could have positioning like that without having to pointlessly extent the actual skins.

I may, some day, hack open the system information bar to put CPU temperature in there, but i'm not sure if I can be asked.

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Thanks for this Blazza, it's set me off on a mass history spree and I've been watching tons of stuff along those lines recently :) This being one historical event in particular, Tank Man easily is the most inspiring human to have lived during my lifetime and is too frequently forgotten about. My wifes youngest didn't really know anything about Tiananmen Square and asked what this was picture was, long historical debate ensued and enjoyed by many.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Now you've got me researching the event damn it.

So basically the Chinese government turned on its own people and started slaughtering peaceful protesters... :jawdrop: Saddam comes to mind.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Cool story bro. "Holy **** you didn't know what Tienanmen Square was about" comes to mind.

17. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Well, I used the Deus Ex Human Revolution skin I found a while ago, didn't like the background, and the side rocketdock, so just stuck with the basic Rainmeter skin and the DXHR time and details.

Yep, Tienanmen Square was the centrepiece of mass, pro-democracy protests around the time of the fall of Communism in Russia and Eastern Europe. The Chinese government put this down with force, rolling in the tanks and soldiers. It's one of the key reasons they have such strict censorship, to prevent another Tienanmen-esque situation occurs.

The main reason I like this image is how usually you will see it like this:

[​IMG]

I ask: Why? The original picture just shows how brave Tank Man was, this increases the ability to see him, but seems less significant.

However, I do agree with Uni on this:

Looks like a history lesson is in order.

Actually, a History thread would be awesome.

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Very true and even the image you've used as a desktop has a further 40+ tanks chopped off the top. On yours you see the column, look at this for all the others.

Yes, yes it would. Just to discuss moments in history and the how/why/when/whatever about them.

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Hitler

/thread

that's what it would look like, justsayin.jpg

jezmck likes this.
  20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

[​IMG]

No idea what show/film this is from. Perhaps there's an extremely awesome modernized Lord of the Flies version I've never encountered? Who knows.