1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 21 Jun 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

If you want your existing soundcard's output to go wireless, you could always grab a Miccus BluBridge TX, which'll convert any audio source into an AD2P audio stream over bluetooth (with an internal li-ion battery too, though you can also use it with it's included mini USB charging cord while it's active). And if you want to use your own headphones with it, even wired ones, grab a Miccus BluBridge RX too. The RX (at least) works wonders, and has little in the way of quality loss, excellent range, and long internal battery life.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2012
  3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

And if you want decent headphones get a desktop mic and a pair of sennheisers

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

And if you want real positional audio get surround speakers. I can't count the times a review site have stated they could accurately determine footsteps using a "surround" headset. Every pair I have tested failed to deliver positional audio. It's a gimmick and people misinterpret wide spacial image with accurate positional audio.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

To be fair a good surround set (not that logitech crap) can run up to some serious cash. Unless you're good at used speaker hunting and own a decent DAC Reciever, sound cards are woeful for driving a true surround set.

Truth be told I prefer having a good set of stereo speakers simply because it sounds better, positional audio or not. These are just merely good set "surround" headsets.

But for me, I'll settle very happily for a good pair of stereo headphones with 2-channel positional audio. To hell with emulated 5.1.

6. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Guys, we appreciate your comments, but we review for consumers, not audiophiles. Most people are not audiophiles. Most don't want to spend £100s on DACs, amps, studio monitors, bluetooth bridges and the like. At least personally, I want something that comes out of the box, plugs in, and sounds great. If we started testing the gear you all suggest, I'd end up recommending braided platinum speaker cables and telling our readers they need to spend £1000s on separate tweeters and sub-woofers. This isn't the readership bit's audio reviews target; there's a big market for people that want dedicated headsets and we provide advice for them. In this instance, dedicated wireless ones. Picking holes (for example, the desktop mic and headphone combo) somewhat misses the point of a dedicated wireless headset doesn't it?

I'm not saying don't provide your opinions, but try and be reasonable.

7. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

I just want one that connects to my sound card. It cant be that hard can it?

8. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

Astro has several options: http://www.astrogaming.com/

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Was all interested there, then say price; $280 + extras. Owch.

10. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

Ive got a surround sound headset and its pretty average.

My favourite setup I use is my XFI music and a set of grado SR80 headphones. The pseudo surround sound placement with the quality of the heaphones is EXCELLENT. Its just the headphones are open back so negate the whole reason for using headphones and can get uncomfy after a decent spell. You will be hard pushed to get better headphones for the money though

11. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I'm by no means an audiophile but I do appreciate a bit of common sense. To me £120 seems a hell of a lot for this product and imo would be better spent on a decent (but not top end) pair of sennies and desktop mic, you can even get good sounding wireless sets for around that price. I don't feel like I was being particularly obstructive or off topic with my comment.

12. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Logitech X-540 5.1 cost me about £50 and has a very good sound for gaming, movies and even music listening. It's quite balanced (not deficient of high or mids). Headphones = HD595. The headphones on review here would be good if they have the sonic clarity described. I just don't like headphones being mis-sold on the basis of providing 'accurate positional audio'. It's a lie but it happens across countless review sites.

13. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

Sennheiser RS180
    Logitech USB Desktop Mic

14. Ratchet219

Ratchet219 What's a Dremel?

Why do I get sconstant quiet sss sound in my 7.2 surround? Is that normal? I'm using ONKYO receiver.

Siwini likes this.
  15. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Why do people prefer it to go via their sound card? Is the quality straight in to headphones not very good?

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's probably your sound output playing your mic. Turn off the listen to your mic or your input volume on your output controls (Sounds weird eh?)

Usually running your headphones through a sound card means better analog playback. A good sound card has a good DAC (not amp!). And therefore better sound. It's not that regular DAC( digital to audio converter) on onboards are bad, just that a sound card more often than not sounds better.

Understandable, it isn't a bad solution at all. I would be inclined to buy it but outside of the wireless functions I personally don't find this all that compelling.

Mind you it wasn't a bad review at all. Perhaps just not my taste. :thumb:

Siwini likes this.
  17. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

mine arrived yesterday. It hasnt left my head. Its an awesome awesome experience and i could NEVER go back to not having a headset.

For the average gamer, brilliant. Not only that, but sons of anarchy sounded pretty epic though it too. A seriously nice bit of kit.

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Well that's the most important thing. If it's good enough for music then that is good. Wireless is a big plus and of course the mic for gaming.

19. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Oh really? Funny how there are absolutely no figures or numbers or anything quantifiable in this so called review. Not to mention the fact that it reviews one and only one headset and doesn't even place it with other headsets that have been reviewed. SHAME ON YOU!

What you mean is this is a recommendation as it does not fulfill any requirements to be an actual review.

20. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags