1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard coughs to Diablo III level cap bug

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Jun 2012.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

lol, accidentally quoted myself when trying to edit a post..... What a tard.....

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Calm down everybody; it's just a game. faxiij: take ten slow, deep, cleansing breaths.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The game should have never been produced. The story ended well enough with D2-LOD. Sure the World Stone had been destroyed making it possible for demons to come through to our world...but they also left the story open enough to finish it there. A third game was just capitalising on old achievements.

I would have respected Blizzard far more if they had thought up something different.

And for the record I played both online, and I played LOD to death. I could solo the Ubers with my Smiter Paladin alone. Earned some serious gold with it. Me and a friend used to pool our resources and sell it all on a forum for gold. And I used to solo rush a full team through Hell with my HammerDin. I did this frequently for the chance to get the nice Gold items.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2012
  5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

@fizzban: Nah mate, the game and it's audience cried out for a sequel!

6. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Seeing as I never got to play the first two, its a good job they did :thumb:

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Hm, just another reason I'm glad I avoided this. I prefer single player, once I've bought it I can mod it or do what I like with it, games. For me the mods are half of the fun of many of these games (D2, Torchlight, ...). For me mods are a large part of what separates PCs from consoles (both in the hardware and the software).

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You can still get a Diablo battlechest with Diablo, Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction and play them both. Diablo is pretty tough to get into nowadays but Diablo 2 is entirely playable. It's a timeless game and the online community is still out there, perhaps even stronger as people are wanting to relive some memories after playing or hearing about Diablo 3.

9. Fizzban

I am the audience. Ok I am only 1 member in that club, but I played both games to destruction. I rinsed that sh*t!

There was no need for a sequel.

It was never going to live up to the hype, and it was never going to make much sense.

And look at the gap between games 2 and 3. It is a big gap, a gap that tells me they had no idea how to continue. They had to make up some shi*t to continue. I know companys do this all the time, but it is nice when we can't see the gears working. And when they finally pulled all the hairs out of their collective asses it was only average.

It is a graphics upgrade with little else...little else that is positive to mention. Lap it up by all means..I need more. I'm tired of all this re-patching-upgrading ****.

Am I the only One? Am I? Do you all just want endless copies with different graphics?

I feel like an old fart in an arcade moaning that nothing has changed in 10 years.

10. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

it is a penalty, i play when i have time to play, i run my own business, so play time is limited, i want to be able to play when i want, not get so far, then have to wait up to 3 days before i can continue.

11. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've honestly lost the ability to defend them; this is becoming embarrassing.

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Can you back this up with a quote from ActivisionBlizzard?

Perhaps you have some research which illustrates which countries are playing which types of games?

I'm sure you've also got a detailed list of which parts of the world do and don't have stable internet connections?

If you look back through the Bit-tech forums for when this DRM when first announced you'll find dozens of posts from people from the UK who:

Travel frequently for work and have to rely on very unreliable hotel or 3g connections
    Are deployed overseas with no internet connection
    Live in areas of the UK countryside that do not have reliable connections
    Have unreliable ISPs but are not in a position to switch provider
    Have recently moved house/flat and are waiting for their service to be enabled

...and this is just the UK.

I don't believe you speak for the people this game was designed for. You're clearly not very well travelled and have very little empathy for those who would spend their hard-earned money on this game only to find they cannot play at their convenience.

Put it another way. You've just bought a shiny new car - lets call it the "D3". The dealer tells you this car is the most secure car ever made and that no-one can steal it. It's main security feature is that the dealer will hold on to the keys for your car and your garage for you so that nobody can take them from you without you knowing. It's cool, though, because it's for your own good. He says he'll unlock your garage whenever you want to use your car. Sounds fine, you think....very secure! Next he tells you he wants to keep your keys for the first couple of days. Reckons it's for your own good. Oh, well that's fine then, and you wait. [time passes]. You wanna take it for a drive now? Sorry mate - I'm a bit busy at the moment - we call it Error 37 in the trade. I'll pop round with your keys later yeah?

It's nonsense. You'd throw the keys at the dealer, get your money back and buy a car from a dealer who takes your money, gives you the keys, and leave you to enjoy your purchase.

If this was ANY other product at all we wouldn't stand for this and yet somehow because it's made by "Blizzard" people line up in defence of them dreaming up all sorts of ridiculous arguments for why it's better than we, the consumers, are being treated like dirt.

It's really, really, not acceptable....

...and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me one single positive reason FOR the always-online DRM from a single player standpoint.

</rant>

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  13. Fizzban

You will continue to wait for this as there is no valid reason from a single-player perspective.

Don't be deluded by their speak. This has nothing to do with single player, nor will it ever have. They don't give a shit about single player.

It is all about control. Control of their IP. And I understand...right up to the point they tell me to eat my own poo because it is tastes good online.

Poo tastes bad always, and if I want to play a game offline then I damn well need to play that game offline. I mean I paid £35..I should be able to do my own thing...right?!

Must I eat corporate cock just to do my own thing?! Am I failing in life? This single player thing?...Is it wrong?.. I should suck on old man cock to make it right?! I feel so conflicted!!

WAIT!...No I don't..it is just these ******** artists trying to make me feel this way.

Blizzard/Activision..I won't suck cock. I wont play ball. I will pirate your games not because I am some dirty fiend, but F***. I don't even want to play them! .But simply because your games are worthless. You don't deserve my money. Screw Ubisoft too. You all have forgotten what games are.. you butchered them. F**k you!

I actually emailed CDProjekt recently telling them how I felt and how much I loved them. You know what? They replied. That doesn't sound like much but it is. They bothered to reply to me..ME! One sodding fan. They cared enough. They passed on my love to the rest of the team. THEY are the future. Everyone else can adjust..or die.

<end rant>

Last edited: 23 Jun 2012
    Pliqu3011 and hyperion like this.
  14. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Good god, this.

15. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

They created the game and therefore can tell you how to play it. Do you own the game? Probably not so you have no rights over how it is used.

You aren't just buying a game, when you pay for it you are committing to the game requirements such as a permanent internet connection. If you don't like those then don't buy it.

16. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Imo there should be some kind of legislation to restrict what terms of service a game can have. Right now games are scanning my memory and media, and they can ban me for any reason or even for no reason at all. That's crazy. You own nothing, you have no rights, sell your soul and play this game. They're out of control.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Then don't buy the game. There's no force like market forces.

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Then don't buy it.

There is no need for legislation to control the games market.

19. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Agreed...which is why I didn't, of course, and cancelled my pre-order the second the DRM was announced. Vote with your wallet, I say.

20. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Damn straight. +1

Tags: Add Tags