1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Work actually started on our house today. I'm so tired I can't stand it, but it feels so good. We hope to move in by fall (we're converting an old barn, so much of it is in place already.) The place has survived prolonged blasting as well as a few earthquakes. We feel good about it.

Also, it's now time for me to crash.

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

All of this year's GCSEs are OVER!

Now then, what keycaps do I treat myself to? :p

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This turned out to be an absolutely awesome day, I just love rigging! If you happen to be watching Sky Sports 2 or Sky Sports 2 HD tomorrow morning from around 10:30 AM you might possibly see some international cricket and if you do happen to see a shot of the VIP or corporate guest marquees during the show, you might be able to see the marquees washed in pretty purple lights and some rather gorgeous 50" plasma screens for the guests to watch the match on. Those are what I was working on yesterday. The fun part was flying and rigging the 15m truss :thumb:

And I get to take it all down again tomorrow evening too :)

Last edited: 22 Jun 2012
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Knowing this exists. I've never laughed so much at an "Opera" before.

"Bitch move! she move!"

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Fairly large restructure of responsibilities at work has given me a little more power and counter-intuitively a little less workload. It's great because a variety of things were really starting to bother me and make an otherwise enjoyable job become a bit of a nightmare, now things are mostly sorted out and are looking much better in the future.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

earning a frosty beer

exams all done, all coursework done first year of a foundation degree done

Kylevdm likes this.
  7. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I assure you, at 78 and after three husbands, she's far from a virgin. ;P

8. DeadP1xels

Super excited about getting my room sorted!

For the past few days i had the single monitor speaker not knowing if i would keep it, send it back for reorder or ask for refund.

Tested it today and i could pick maybe 15 things to do in one of my finished mixes... i was so suprised and at the same time eager to get back to work.

Im getting monitor stands and adjusting the room to suit, my dad is onboard pretty happy with my purchase which suprised me, he i generally the first to question and criticize

9. vrrox

vrrox What's a Dremel?

Really happy having finally sorting out the jungle of cables around my computer! Also work is going pretty well :D

10. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Many many good things :)

Tweaked the PA on the gig today to within an inch of it's life.... finally got good use out of my laser measurer and inclinometer!

One more shift tomorrow night and then I'm on paid leave for a whole month, win!

Springsteen in hyde park in 3 weeks.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Just found out I'm going to be a daddy if everything goes right test showed 2-3 weeks...

Time to do some serious growing up...

:)

Last edited: 24 Jun 2012
  12. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

:jawdrop:

Congrats :thumb:

Regarding your recent thread about car insurance... you'd better start looking to trade in your car(s) for a minibus instead :D

13. Matticus

Matticus ...

I started running this week and I am enjoying it so far. I have started to notice a pretty significant difference around my stomach so I assume I had some pretty excessive water retention or just some super easy to shift fat. I am very surprised as is my girlfriend, just going to be a bit of a downer because I know the rest will take much longer. Just need to work out a decent regime for toning up at home.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Natwest seem to have got things sorted and it appears that I have been paid afterall woohoo

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

An hour hurtling around some nice lanes >.>

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Thanks man, Think I'm going to settle on a Corsa 1.2 sxi 2001/2002, insurance came out at about £1500 so its perfect :)

17. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I had forgotten that this existed!

No one on earth could guess the ending.

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

wat

Aren't you like... just out of high school or midway through university or something? :eyebrow:

Unicorn likes this.
  19. DeadP1xels

Thats a typical dad within the Uk at the moment its actually beyond ridiculous, im 20 and i would consider myself pretty mature and i see guys 17 pushing kids around its mad.

I mean a good percentage of those are probebly great parents but the others are just useless.

Its really weird to see like 80% of the "Cool" crowd from my secondary school days are now parents, none of them have ever worked either, alot of people are generally bitter towards that but i think its gotta be a hard life, there going to be old worn out people in there 30s after the 9 kids to 9 different fathers :duh:.

a girl i know is same age as me and has 3 kids and is looking for the 4th! emphasis on the "looking" relating to the person who will get her pregnant...

G0UDG likes this.
  20. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Alright for some! Nothing at all has been sorted on mine, I can't log in online at all :(.

Oh um... I mean erm, I have Haribo Starmix!