1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Supporting a User with VNC (could only see the main screen)
    The application we wanted to view was on the other.
    When asked to move the application to the other side she tried moving the whole monitor.

:wallbash::wallbash:

Kylevdm likes this.
  2. suragh

suragh Derp

hahahaha priceless! :hehe:

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Payday is Monday not today!

:(

4. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

What's ruining your life right now?

Interesting question.

Currently,the thing that is ruining my life right now is the fact that I have to wait to next week (friday) to know if I passed exam. The profesor has 4(FOUR) assistants and they are unable to correct 150 exams in 2 days???? Lazy ret***s!

The thing that ruined my life from start is that I am Croatian and I still in Croatia.
    You can't get sponsors because shipping cost is to big,because you are a Croatian (xenophobia in some companies). Life is too expensive here,people are unemployed,when they have a job they have tiny salaries, other countries tries to steal your land,companyes are stealing,politians are dumb**s are they do nothing except making this country more poor, you spend 8 years in elemntary school,4 in high school and 5 in college to sweep floors...

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Week off work is now over and I'm back to work today in 10 minutes... Also I'm waiting on a reply to find out if my speaker can be found, in the meantime I'm sat here looking at the box of the other one. I should have listened to advice and got the 5" woofer because until I get some stands these are going to look horrific and not work as well as they could in my room there a lot bigger than I expected.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The wife has been watching Ascot for the last 2 days and has now revealed that from 8 races she's picked 5 winners and 3 1st and 2nd's.................:sigh: If only I had known she had a knack for pickin the gigi's :(

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

After the repairs in my last post on this thread (new brakes all round), my car has now decided to "limp home" due to what I think is turbo sensor issues.
    I can't get it back into the garage for another week! (But I'll be invoking the warranty which has about 10 days left after the car goes in)

8. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Just had a tooth removed and root canal work. I'm home with the left side of my face numb. Need to go back to the dentist 3 more times for more work

9. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Sarbanes Oxley legislation. I am definitely not an administratively minded individual (ticket closures are usually "Done" or "Fixed") but I do seem to have a knack for getting the job done, just not great at giving everyone else the steps taken in English. For that lack I've been given a full SOX audit of all accounts and systems to do by Friday. Oh frabjious day and deep joy!

10. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Idiot crashing into my car, possibly resulting in it being written off, and leaving me off work injured for a while :/

All because he saw a lorry that he thought his mate was in.

11. DeadP1xels

Still no word on speakers decided to ring again after email failed

very unhelpful person got a bit narky with her she basically pushed the time back
    (Caps represent shouting in a strange accent) "WELL it sometime takes 24 hours but its WEEEKEND so monday OR TUESDAY GET REPLY!"

Telling her i was only waiting the 48 hours from the initial claim or i would want a return and refund on the half i recieved assuming i have no good outcome from that.

If it was something cheap and easily replaced i probebly would'nt bother but £230 odd to get one speaker? im not letting that go

I mean how hard is it? unless they get alot of this, just to ring to the centre and ask them if the other half is there, whats that 15 minutes for one man to check if they want to keep a long term customer happy?

12. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I have JSOX (Japanese Sarbanes Oxley) legislation to deal with on monday... you have motivated me immensely..

13. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

CBA with the weather. Want some sun back!

14. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Not to be rude but the simple solution is to go to a shop that sells decent speakers/monitors and audition and then buy from them. By the way, high quality speakers are normally priced per item. I paid £200 each for mine and was quite happy to do so.

Also, anything over 6" woofers is normally way too big for any domestic room, and definately too big for nearfield monitoring.

ON TOPIC - got home last night to broken air conditioning. In summer. In Dubai. FML sleeping was impossible.

15. DeadP1xels

I have no place close that sells stuff like this especially at the prices online, I would agree that high quality speakers are £200 each but I don't require that sort of quality for my amateurish music, these are perfect for my needs and are good quality

Defiantly too big but eventually they will be moved into the basement room assuming I rent the house when my parents move out I was thinking about sending them back for the 5.25" But I'm actually happy with the size now

They found the other one being sent Monday :thumb:

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

[mild sports related annoyance] The Penguins traded Jordan Staal to Carolina :duh: [/mild sports related annoyance]

17. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Not in the UK; it's very uncommon to find speakers in anything other than pairs (or 5.1 systems) as almost nobody runs mono setups.

Out of interest DeadP1xels, where abouts in Devon are you based?

18. DeadP1xels

North Devon went to ilfracombe not long ago which is around 20 miles from where I live (not to give away exact locations) :D

19. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Well if you are ever in the vicinity of Exeter, do let me know, although you are the far side of the county...

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Update on my last post in this thread:-

My diesel Insignia SRi has now been looked at by the garage (Vauxhall main dealer).
    Their diagnosis is that the diesel particulate filter is shot, and can no longer self clean (just like an oven, apparently).
    The car is not drivable, as running with a dead filter can cause further engine damage, and it will take about 24hrs to get & fit a replacement.

Now I'm twitchy over whether they decide to replace it free under warranty, or charge me about £2K to get a working vehicle back. :worried: