1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Mouse Buying Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kaxliysi, 14 Jun 2012.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Inversely; I have the wireless bigger-brother to Sloth's mouse and I'm using a palm-grip on it. Albeit a weird one. (More on that later), expanding the mouse back and placing the taller palm-rest on it made it so much more comfortable to use, it's possibly more comfortable than my previous X748K.

My palm grip is so wierd because I don't move my hand to move the mouse. At 5600 (And 3200, to an extent.), you don't actually have to move your whole hand, just slide the mouse a little underneath your palm and you're where you want to be most times. I'll still rest my palm on it while I do this, however, so I don't get very far before i have to my my hand, but it's still comfortable to use for me. I suppose this is a weird hybrid between palm and fingertip grips.

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Call it a palm grip with very high sensitivity :)

It's still inherently palm in the fact that you would like palm-grip mice

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

For those of you who have met me I am a fairly large fella and have large hands. you maybe wondering where i am going with this, well i have tried so many mice the list is long MX518, Sidewinder, Lachesis, Deathadder, CM Sentinel, G9x, G5, Diamondback and so on. Nearly all these mice have their own weaknesses and strengths.

I find mice it is more of a feel comfortable and smoothness about it. I play games almost every single night and league twice a week so I need something in my large hand that feels good. So far the mice that felt good in my hands are the CM Sentinel, Logitech G9x and the Deathadder. Would these be good for you maybe but as i said mice is all about personnel preference and everyone is different.

One thing I might add is that I found logitech and Coolermaster had the best drivers for the settings

4. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

You should try a Zowie :)

Make some of the best mice! Well known in pro gaming communities not so much on BT though

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Tried them bud just too small for me but not a bad mouse. Also good for left handers as there ain't much out there

6. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

I was thinking a Zowie EC1 which is right-handed and as big as a DA.

The ambidextrous AM isn't good for big hands :)

7. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

What's the best mouse for fingertip/claw grip for up to £30?

8. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Have to be the CM Storm Spawn.

First choice and a good 'un!

Otherwise the Razer Abyssus is a favourite too, but it depends if you like light fast small mice or not with the Abyssus

9. chewbaccas_nan

Hmm yeah I saw the Abbysuss, is it really light is it?

10. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Yep but quite narrow and small too. Made my hand cramp personally (due to narrowness) but many people seem to love it.

The CM Storm Spawn is much more accurate for fingertip grippers than any other mouse due to sensor location. It's also small and light, but not narrow and feels very very comfy in the hand.

11. chewbaccas_nan

Ive been looking at the cm storm spawn, does look quite nice

12. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Your other option is something awesome like a Zowie EC2, works wonders for fingertip grips, and it's similar to the Microsoft Optical mice in shape, more so than Steelseries. It's one of the best mice on the market atm, just Google "zowie ec2 vs (anything)" and check out the fanbase :)

The features will really be appreciated by more hardcore gamers though.

I used Microsoft Opticals a lot in school/college years so finding something so familiar was wonderful

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

The new sharkoon mouse looks nice. I'll stick with CM mice for a while though

14. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

That's the problem with mice. They all look good, I've ended up buying so many based off just wanting to see what they are like!

15. kaxliysi

kaxliysi What's a Dremel?

hehe.

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[​IMG]

Mine^

It's like the CM Storm Spawn, but cheaper and not red. Only complaint is that it's not quite as dense feeling as my previous Logitech VX Nano.

I really like how my ring finger has a place to rest instead of awkwardly hanging off the side.

17. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Yeah the ring finger rest is certainly ingenious, on my CM Storm Spawn it felt like it was made for my hand! Very comfortable.

But when I fingertip grip standard mice, my ring and little finger both grip the right hand side of the mouse giving maximum flexibility in movement and firm control over the mouse. I never felt the need for the unique features of the CM Spawn

edit:
    <--------- LEET POST COUNT

edit2:
    not any more :(

Last edited: 29 Jun 2012
  18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

17.5 posts per day :eyebrow:

19. kaxliysi

kaxliysi What's a Dremel?

Nice.:thumb:

20. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Being active and helpful. How dare you doubt me.

:lol:

The Sensor on the Xornet is slightly below the quality of the sensor on the Spawn. Otherwise it is definitely a nicer colour.

And most people won't really care about the sensor difference tbh.