1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want reviewed?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by james888, 13 Mar 2011.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Bitfenix Shinobi XL if you can get hold of it please, otherwise I'll have to write my own mini-review. :p

2. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

I have to add my voice to Krikkit's; Shinobi XL please, with temps on top. Either that or a link to a site that posts delta T's for their testing setup for cases.

For case review bit-tech seem to be much better when it comes to doing consistent thermals while a few other sites are better when it comes to showing you around the case and working with it. I guess that's natural, especially with video reviews.

Need to get a case upgraded and the Shinobi XL ticks all the boxes, just hoping it isn't an oven like some of the older Bitfenix cases.

3. HamsterBreath

HamsterBreath What's a Dremel?

PC audio over hifi? e.g. High Resolution Technologies Music Streamer II USB DAC
    or
    relative merits of NAS vs WHS 2011 for centralised storage, streaming, back up, remote access etc.

4. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Media streamers for your TV. Like the WD live.

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Last of the Summer Wine... With or without Compo...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Seriously though, you could review some insanely expensive Lego or best B&B in Torquay?
    A review of tiny itx cases would be a nice feature.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Fireburst - released today, because I'm interested in how UE3 handles a racing game, and no other sites are carrying a review of it.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2012
  8. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

9. mediapcAddict

mediapcAddict What's a Dremel?

I would like to see mouse macros included in mouse reviews. More specifically "program specific" mouse macros.

So much of the magazine/site is dedicated to making our computer go faster but I have found that mouse macros ( especially program/application specific macros ) make using a desktop computer much easier and faster. Anything that can be done through a series of keyboard shortcuts can be done much faster with a mouse macro.

I currently have my Logitech G500's 3 side buttons set to zoom in/zoom out and open in new tab in all my browsers. I can sit back and browse the web with so much ease I barely have to move my hand more than an inch. That's not to mention all the other programs ( probably all a bit too obscure/niche to mention ) that have become ridiculously fast thanks to mouse macros. It's honestly even easier than a tablet.

Anyway I would love to see the reviews mention whether or not a mouse has program specific mouse macros available (and not just manually switchable macros) .

I just hope the editors know already :D

TL;DR - Read Bold & underlined.

-------------------------------------------------

For those interested in more detail on mouse macros read below.

Why not every mouse macro software is good enough. Most branded mice have macros. Most even have switchable macro profiles ( ie you can open up the mouse software and switch from one profile to another ). But switching between macro profiles every time you switch program is a real hassle. "Program specific" macros automatically switch profile depending on what program you are using with no user input needed. This is the real productivity/ ease of use helper. NB: I can't speak for all "program specific mouse macros" but with logitech and microsoft it doesn't matter how many programs you are running. It always applies the correct macro profile to the software you are actively using.

Why Autohotkey doesn't cut it. Autohotkey does not recognise anything other than the standard " left right and middle" mouse buttons. Not to mention that writing autohotkey scripts is quite time consuming. That's why setting up program specific mouse macros through dedicated software is much better than Autohotkey. Though it is theoretically possible to use Autohotkey with a multi button mouse in my opinion it isn't easy, practical or realistic.

Some mouse macro recommendations. If anyone is looking for a mouse with program specific macro I can whole heartily recommend microsofts mouse range as the macros are very easy to setup. Logitech also has program specific macros although it's a little unintuitive to begin with. My coolermaster CM Storm ( a great gaming mouse ) unfortunatly does not have "program specific" macros (as far as I can work out). As for the other manufacturers whilst they all have macro software of some sort I don't know if they have program specific mouse macros as it wasn't clear on their websites the last time I check.

I hope this helps thanks :)

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Anything.

11. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

So you want bit-tech to review the latest 'My Little Pony' collection? :thumb:

On a serious note, I think a return to the 'on our desk' series would be welcomed by a fair few people.

Apophis54 likes this.
  12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Corsair C70!

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

No I'd just like some reviews of PC hardware!

hamza_tm likes this.
  14. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

That depends, If it will play Crysis or not lol

Last edited: 2 Jul 2012
    Apophis54, Pookeyhead and hamza_tm like this.
  15. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I miss the old graphics cards teardowns.

I mean who doesn't want to see someone rip apart a $1000 ASUS MARS? :D That and perhaps CPU/GPU architecture analysis because those were always fascinating for me at least. If that's not possible, then random item reviews (anyone remember the AWESOME sumo bean bag review?) and just graphics cooler teardowns. Those were always a joy to read.

Apophis54 likes this.
  16. mediapcAddict

mediapcAddict What's a Dremel?

accelero hybrid graphics card cooler.

[ hybrid water cooling and fan cooling claimed compatability with
    nvidia gtx
    680* (w/o stacked power socket), 680, 670, 580, 570, 560Ti, 560 SE, 560, 480, 470, 465, 460 SE, 460
    ati 7870, 7850, 6970, 6950, 6870, 6850, 6790, 6770, 5870, 5850, 5830, 4890, 4870, 4850

as far as I can workout the water cooling works on the gpu whilst the fan works on the ram and vrms - www.arctic.ac site is unresponsive at the moment so don't know for sure. ]

Last edited: 9 Jul 2012
  17. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

The bitfenix prodigy would be nice.

18. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

19. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Given the dirt cheap cost of 1080p panels I'd like to see a review roundup of current cards, but targeted specifically towards eyefinity/surround gaming. i.e. Looking at what really matters in a triple screen setup - RAM size, memory bandwidth, etc...?

As all the reviews have already been done, it's just a matter of collating and analyzing the results. That shouldn't be too difficult, should it? ;)

20. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Rampage IV GENE
    [​IMG]
    Link