1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor My PI !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SilveR_172, 1 Jul 2012.

1. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

Jealous. I want one...but I sometimes wish they can make a performance version of the Pi using OMAP or Tegra 3 (unfortunately it will cost more, obviously). :sigh:

2. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

Yeah I figure the reason the model B is taking so long to supply is that they might be putting their revenue into developing a new model, rather than improving the supply chain with their first one. Although that might be obvious and I just haven't done my research, anywho...

Last edited: 7 Jul 2012
  3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

No, it takes so long to supply because it is AFAIK Farnell and RS producing the boards (note how they differ in information printed on PCB) and they simply don't have the capacities to quickly resolve the huge backlog. At April 14 it was said there were 350000 orders. Since they got the CE certification at April 10 we had 13 weeks, that means they would have to produce nearly 27000 boards per week just to cover the orders up to April 14. I doubt they got such big production capacity on such small margin product, and that is the whole reason it takes so long.

4. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

They're also a charity, not a company.