1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

enjoy lol

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jun 2012
  2. RTT

RTT #parp

British MotoGP weekend at Silverstone :D

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

This time last year i was all set up, tent, beers and brollys.

4. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

i sometimes wash my mates speedway bike and racevan, he's called ryan an rides for buxton hitmen.

5. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

going to silverstone tomorrow :D might have to go in the car tho :(
    unless i can change my chain and sprockets in the morning, fingers crossed. (ive bound to have forgotten to order something that i need.)

reply to the 0% finance answers i got, im tempted by the ktm i know dealer support is not brilliant. however my gsxr was brand new and the dealer support i got from suzuki was shockingly bad.

fat tony : its not the power of the zx-10 that is too much for me, but im 5'7 and weigh about 10 stone with my leathers on. a zx-10 with the misses on the back with full panniers would not be fun at slow speeds for me, its just physically too big.

6. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Absolutely fair enough - I wouldn't want to subject anyone to pillion on a modern sports bike - least so a significant other half.

I often think that no sports bike should have a pillion seat - it's tantamount to spousal abuse

7. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

So I'm back up north and the rain hasn't stopped all day today. Thankfully I brought my bike cover with me this time so it's covered up at least. Still, it's good to be home!

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Had my first lesson today :D, concentrated on left turns and road positioning with life savers, braking etc, also done a few right turns from junctions in a busy area (seemed busy anyway, everything is different sitting on a bike rather than in a car)

So far i am loving it, only my first lesson but aiming for MOD 1 when i am capable. :thumb:

CBF 500 seems a nice bike also :thumb:

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Did my third CBT last weekend. It's getting a bit ridiculous; I think this year I'm finally going to do the full test. If only to stop douchebag reactionaries pulling out on me and trying to overtake me as soon as they see the L-plates.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Any of you guys have experience in removing datatool Alarms?

11. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Not I - would suggest speaking to a certified installer

12. RTT

RTT #parp

Yeah, well kind of. Typically alarms will splice into the fuel pump and/or starter motor circuit, and the the ignition circuit. All you need is a couple of hours and some patience to remove it... and it'll be blindingly obvious which wires are 'foreign' and which aren't (they'll probably be wrapped in electrical tape). As the alarm sits in the middle of an existing system (A used to be connected directly to B, but now A connects to C (alarm) and C connects to B - simple) all you need do is isolate the two points where the alarm has been placed in to the system, remove it and re-joint the existing ends.

Alarm fitters, while wearing a "certified installer" job title, are lazy and don't ever do proper jobs :thumb:

Last edited: 7 Jul 2012
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Anyone had a Cruiser bike here? i am wondering what they are like for riding? i am undergoing my lessons at the moment but i am not interested in a sports bike! i want to enjoy it in comfort!

Would love a recommendation for a cheap comfortable bike :thumb:

14. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I'd say go with something like a Honda Crossrunner or some of the BMW semi-tourer bikes. GS650 maybe?

Cruisers are all well and good, but lets be honest, they aren't exactly made for British roads IMO. I can think of nothing better to chill out on on the highways of the US but there are plenty better out there for European roads. I know Harleys are starting to get more modern, but they are still really behind in terms of technology. I suppose the Jap cruisers are fine in terms of reliability though.

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Mr Happy you want a naked streetbike, not a cruiser! Upright, therefore comfortable, and perfect for european roads :)

16. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

I have this one --> VZ1800R

[​IMG]

To be honest, I'm personally more comfortable on my BMW - the VZ makes the small of my back hurt after c.200 miles, and the levers are unadjustable (although this could be fixed relatively cheaply). That said, the seat is plush, and the ride quality is soft and smooth, and when both me and Mrs Fat Tony want to go out together, it's perfect.

But, however comfortable two up, it's not cheap to buy - I think you'd be hard pressed to pick one up for less than £6k.

My problem is that when I ride on my own, I end up riding it like a sportsbike - which is probably why I find it uncomfortable.

Easy solution - get a test ride booked.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Thanks, Couldn't make my mind up so in the end i just had a garage do it for like £48 not too bad i guess.

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Something like a 600cc naked with a screen, or just a commuter with a half fairing. Cruisers aren't the most practical things in the UK.

Best thing you can do is sit on a load of bikes to see what fits you.

This is my bike, and whilst technically a sports bike, you sit up bolt upright on it. Not only that but it has very unintimidating power delivery and a very low centre of gravity making it very easy to ride. [​IMG]

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I feel silly asking, but what is that? I don't know my sports tourers all by sight :(

Also, what kind of mileage do they get? I long to get off my 125cc (After five years on it), but I do kinda like getting 110mpg...

20. Weekly_Estimate

Great isn't it 110mpg..