1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: PrometheusCU - Update #54 - May 28 2010 - Video Teaser

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Langer, 18 Jul 2008.

1. wagoo

wagoo ドレメルってなに?

2. wahoomcdaniel

wahoomcdaniel Minimodder

R.I.P. Langer
    A young, talented individual is gone before he achieved his full potential.
    My sympathies to his family and friends.

3. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

His account was last active 6 days ago.. Not sure what that means. Damn shame though if it is true.

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Man, that's depressing.

He will be missed. The modding world is poorer for having lost him.

5. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

first off rip. Sad to see this happen to a talent modder.

Second off PMSL RRT has been hacked by the looks of it and it serves the trolls right ...

Last edited: 8 Jul 2012
  6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I followed this and all of Jesse's projects from the beginning. He had amazing creative tallent and the time I spent chatting with him on Facebook was time well spent to say the least.

R.I.P mate, your in a better place now, you will be sadly missed.

7. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Oh, this is sad. :(
    Would have been nice to have it re-confirmed, though. The original post was made on RRTech, which has gone offline since then.

RIP, Jesse. Mod on where ever you are.

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

John is trying to get confirmation from Jesse's family, but given how his site says "RIP - 2011", it's probably, sadly, true.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That sucks. We have lost one of the few true mad genius types. He loved to learn, and he loved to teach what he learned. He made Bit a better place in his short time here.

10. SaibotC

SaibotC What's a Dremel?

Thank you for bringing my post here. My apologies for not posting here sooner.

That would be me. Jesse left me his online accounts to tie up any loose ends.

@everyone else
    I will relay your kind words to Jesse’s family whenever I get the chance.

I finally got a chance to take an inventory of all the parts. Save for 2 copper panels and 1 CF, which I am in the process of scanning into digital format, here is PROMETHEUSCU as it stands:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is missing:
    -PSU
    -Feser XChanger Triple 120mm
    -Secondary system: Pico-ITX motherboard to be attached to the 7” LCD on the front
    -Tertiary system: AMD Geode based system running pfSence (for router, firewall, wifi card)
    -Arduino board that controls all LEDs
    -Second GTX 260(first one is being tested for stability)
    -Hard disk/solid state disk drives
    -Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon

To be done:
    I plan to CNC the front panel out of copper, the original panel was damaged and I also plan to make a couple of revisions to it (add space for onboard audio amplifier, IR receiver, thunderbolt port, etc). Furthermore, as a tech is a little dated, I have plans to throw some newer components in it, but that will be arranged at a later date.
    Jesse had access to quite a number of unique workshops with tools that are not exactly common. In light of this, progress will be a little slower than in the past, simply because I will have to seek out a machinist in order to begin any tangible work. Recently, I have started an internship at a local interactive design agency, they are working with materials and technology that lives on the bleeding edge of the industry. They have offered to introduce me to a couple of machinists they have worked with in the past, and hopefully that will be a good place to start.

Thanks for reading, more to come in the near future.

11. canucker

canucker What's a Dremel?

http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/index.php

WE ARE LEGION WE ARE EVERYWHERE:rock::jawdrop::thumb:

12. RedRaider

RedRaider The RealRedRaider

RIP Jesse, this was truly upsetting news I learned of last week, just before I took my son and one of his friends on a 7-day Western Carribean cruise.

Mayhem, RRTech is up and running smoothly, thanks for your concern. My site was not hacked, the problem has been rectified and hopefully will not happen again, especially when I'm on vacation out the country with my son.

13. RedRaider

RedRaider The RealRedRaider

The news first being posted on RRTech truly humbles me. That speaks volumes, volumes....

Jesse was part of my first group of members. That let me know our corner of the web had a chance to be what it has become. I am honored that I was able to get to know Jesse over the years and I considered him a good friend.

May God bless his family...

14. Attila

Attila still thinking....

This is just so sad. My condolences to Jesse's family. I guess it's always sad when someone so young and talented passes away. I really did enjoy seeing what crazy and esoteric new ideas he was playing with as well as being infuriated that his racing mind would not let him finish some of the projects he'd started. Farewell dude. :dremel:

@ SaibotC. Will you be updating this log here on BT, or is there somewhere else I should look?

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Prometheus was one of the first mods I started drooling over when I started to read up on modding, so this is a terrible loss to the community. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Langer, you modding genius.

16. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

This build was one of the first I saw that truly started to break the mould. No flashy lights, no tacky plastic, just genuine design and enginuity. I am glad to see that this project will be finished. In my mind it has been as influentual to the community as Paul Capello's Doom 3 build from so long ago.

17. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I had not come across this project log before, so read the whole thing from start to finish last night. Not the outcome I was expecting. Very sad new indeed. My thoughts go to friends and family.

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@SaibotC - Welcome to BitTech. I wish the circumstances could have been more pleasant.

19. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

I have to say I was shocked when I first read the news, It really is a shame that someone who has inspired alot of people on this forum is no longer with us. I know I was heavily influenced by his builds and his ideas on design, he will be missed. My thoughts go out to his family and friends who knew him best in this sad time.

20. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Wow, this is hard to take in. I shared quite a few long conversations with Jesse over the years. He was a tremendous help to me in planning my foray into carbon fiber with OSIDIAS. I doubt I would have done it without his encouragement and support. He was truly a legend and although he had big plans, it is the way his mind works that always amazed me. So much creativity and an attention to detail few others have. His friendship will be greatly missed.