1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Sparky1987

Sparky1987 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG][/IMG]

This is my new motor, Audi A1 s-line 1.4 TFSI, had it about 3 months now, great little car :) nippy too, kind of wish I went for the 185bhp but 122bhp will do for now. Could always get it uprated :) romour has it that just a remap adds 40bhp without touching a thing. Hmmmmm......:eyebrow:

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

122bhp is probably quite perky in a car that size... although it's heavy for its size compared to others.. still, as you say... a remap may release a few more horses. 40bhp sounds optimistic though.

3. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I don't know why cyclists/drivers get so angry at the others. Chances are more cyclists have experience driving than the other way.

Fact is the s** drivers are normally the same people as the s*** cyclists. Roads are a public place and if the cyclist in front wasn't in your way, he'd be in your way in a car and taking your parking space.

In many places the cycle paths are useless. I took the one to work when I cycle, but it merges with the path around a blind corner, and then has to cross two exits going the wrong way around roundabout on which no one indicates. Its safer to stay on the road.

Edit: On topic:
    [​IMG]
    Minus the fog lights, alloys and body colour door handles. Only 2 years till graduation! Will probably get myself a nice car as soon as I'm 25, with insurance etc.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2012
  4. Sparky1987

This is what I thought, but apparently so, I'd imagine the 185 has a larger turbo, it's the same 1.4 block underneath.:thumb:

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

If I recall I think the 185 engine has a turbo and a supercharger as its the same engine in the Polo GTI. The block may be the same but you will need to check the cooling is the same else you end up in a world of trouble.

6. Sparky1987

Your probably right there. I'll have to look into it, if I take this train of thought any further.
    On another note Audi have just brought out the Quattro A1, which is apparently from those in the know, pretty epic for such a small car, I don't know off hand but the bhp is in the 200-250 mark. Friends of mine said they saw it at the good wood festival of speed the other weekend. :).
    It makes me wonder what the S1 and RS1 will be like?

7. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Don't quote me on this but I imagine the RS1 will be around 280-300 bhp from a 2 litre engine. It would be epic if they used the 2.5 litre 350 bhp engine from RS3 but I think thats unlikely.

I prefer coupes myself thinking of getting a Hyundai Coupe tsiii not great performance but looks good and should keep me going till they release the genesis and it lowers in price.

8. Sparky1987

I'd agree coupe do look good, I particularly like the BMW z4 coupe the long bonnet gives a real aggressive look to it, much better than its predecessor the z3. I'm not much of a Hyundai man myself but their latest designs are nice.
    I think I know of the coupe your talking about, they have kept their looks for an older car.

9. Sparky1987

On another note the A1 Quattro is said to be the first 4 wheel drive hatchback of its size which is epic in itself, the Quattro will also be used in the S1 and RS1 which would make alot of sense due to cramming all that power into a front wheel drive would be bad news.

10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Not quite what I drive just yet, but I've been doing some searching and have found that an BMW E30 320 would be £700 fully comp. Oh, and they looks pretty awesome as well. I've just now got to save the £1000 for the actual car.

Failing that, an E39 523i for £750 TPFT.

11. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I like the look of the last Hyundai Coupe - nearly got one myself but the performance and fuel consumption are pretty dire. I mean the V6 Yellow barely makes 60 in less than 8 seconds but can only manage 27mpg. My Celica T Sport does nearly a second quicker and typicallys gets 35-40mpg. But hey, I'd much rather own a coupe than a hot hatch and I always end up staring at red SIII's!

12. GMC

GMC Minimodder

sold it a while back when family life made that the smart thing to do.
    Still miss it though...

Went like stink, great fun on a track, but less fun at the fuel pumps - at full throttle (~5mpg or less) you could actually see the fuel needle move down...

[​IMG]

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As someone on PH said: The RX7 is powered by a fancy waterwheel that takes fuel, makes a few hp, but mostly just farts it out the back!

Nice looking thing though. :D

14. GMC

GMC Minimodder

well, it may pass a bit (okay, a lot) of unburnt fuel out the back, but it doesn't waste half the energy on reciprocating movements or transitioning linear to circular motion. Aside from the inefficient shape of the combustion chamber - its a far more elegant design.
    I always enjoyed buying road tax at a 1300cc rate for it. Couldn't name anything else you could do that with and still do 0-60 in 4 seconds. (4.9 in factory tune before someone calls me out on it)

15. Krikkit

I think the debate of rotary vs reciprocating is pretty well fleshed out, needless to say that it's a thirsty beast really, even if performance is magnificent. :)

16. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I dunno, I own a gen 2 RX 7 and the fuel consumption is not that bad.

Even after tweaking it up a little. it probably gets around 25-30mpg around town, that's driving mostly on boost

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

You boyracer you! :D I bet it was driving around on boost to release the blow off/Dump valve to impress the chicks. :D

18. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Chicks who get impressed by the sound of a dump valve might not be the chicks one might want to hang around ..

19. Krikkit

I dunno, chicks who know that it's a dump valve (and why it's there) would be good - those who recognise the noise alone, not so much. :p

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Every time I hear a dump-valve I have a slight man crisis...