1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Omega Desk - [26 January] Project Complete!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Squigly, 20 May 2012.

?

Pump orientation, facing forward or facing backwards?

1. Pumps facing backward

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Pumps facing forward

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Thanks Wayne, funny you should mention billet 1 piece.. after bending the failed plate it was my first thought!! luckily (or unluckily) i didn't have a piece of ally in the workshop that would have worked.. but that put me back in line to do it properly..

:lol: Thanks Crapman, was really happy with the way it turned out.. and a nice suggestion about some layers there.. will definitely look into it!!

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

If you can do it do it mate. :thumb:

Billet PCI/IO is so. :jawdrop::rock::D

Just make absolutely sure your model is very very correct so it isn't a waste. :eeek::waah:

3. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

You get my vote your quality workmanship amazes me :thumb: bummer with the io shield :sigh:

4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

I just discovered this mod on MOTM, you got one of my votes, the design is very cool, and that spindicator is awesome :thumb:

5. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

It looks clean and nice and blue would suit it perfectly and you should go with the plexi midplate. :thumb:

6. Squigly

Im going to try using a plain sheet again, but bending the profile first and then cutting the inserts out.. if it fails again though i will go with a billet.. will try track down a CNC milling machine first though to try reduce the chance of error of doing it manually on the mill.. Im probably going to be replicating the hinge system for my screens with billet pieces.. went yesterday to pick up my order and they only sent 1 hinge (i thought it was a set of 4) which was really surprising based on the cost of a single hinge.. but of course being a mod junkie the first thing i did was wrip the hinge apart to see how it all works and see if i could replicate it myself :blush: :naughty:

Thanks bluc, truly appreciate the vote and kind words!! Hopefully v2 of the plate works out :wallbash:

Thanks riekmaharg2, still seeing if i can tweek the spindicator to work of CPU usage rather than HDD usage.. Im a complete noob at arduino boards but this could be a great opportunity for me to practice :thumb:

Thanks Sarakon :thumb: Im thinking of using both actually, and then cutting a design into the plexi for a "lighting" effect.. think it will bring a little life to the center of the build.. still working on some concepts there..

7. Squigly

Sup peeps

Well not really an update to the desk, more a life mod update :D

We were joined by our little angel on Friday morning.. Yes she's a Friday the 13th baby :rock:

[​IMG]

Back to the desk soon enough :thumb::thumb:

Waynio likes this.
  8. tekonivel

tekonivel Minimodder

congratulations!

9. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

I congratulate from all my heart, happy dad!

10. RebootTech

RebootTech Budget? What Budget?

Life mod updates are WAY more newsworthy! Major congrats!

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:worried::D:lol::rock:

Now there's an awesome creation, congrats mate. :D:clap:

Happy fatherhood. :)

12. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Congratulations! :clap:

13. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

Little ones are awesome. My 5 yr old is in the bath singing to herself and playing with dolls. Fantastic racket...

Congrats with your new born :)

14. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Congrats mate!! :D

15. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

congratulations !

16. xtoxm

xtoxm What's a Dremel?

Congratulations!

17. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Grats on the wee one!

18. paz45

paz45 What's a Dremel?

Congratulations

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Congratulations mate. You got yourself a cutie there! Hope mother and baby are doing well.

20. Squigly

And on we go...

Yo yo peeps
    A big thanks to tekonivel, Shurika, RebootTech, Waynio, l3p, Samaya, Sarakon, KoSoVaR^, xtoxm, Balder, paz45 & The_Crapman for the well wishes with the new baby, Mom and little one are doing very well and settled in at home.. as for my sleep patterns.. well yes those leave much to be desired (& I have no disillusions that this will be remedied anytime soon) :lol: :thumb::thumb: :rock:

Been home all week but have had little to no time to work on the desk, changing diapers and catching up on sleep has been the order of most days.. But I decided to do some work on the scroll saw today and with the afford mentioned lack of sleep me thinks it may not have been the brightest of idea's... but I walked away with all my fingers in tact so all good. :thumb:

I have been playing with ideas for the central section, where I was thinking either aluminium or plexi.. I have decided to go with the aluminium with some plexi designs.. started cutting some out and will see which I will end up using in the end

I laid out some templates on a off-cut piece of 5mm plexi i had lying around
    [​IMG]

Basic shape cut, now to give it some file lovin and then flame polish, my intention is to then light this up with some LED's that will be connected to the fader I built.
    [​IMG]

Will hopefully head into the workshop tomorrow to get some work done on the desk :thumb::rock: