1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Case for mATX watercooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Risky, 12 Jul 2012.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm building a new rig based on a MAximus V Gene and a HD6950. It will be aircooled initially but I want to go to water as I have a block for the card.

I am debating wheter to go with an external radbox or whether I should find a bigger case (e.g. a cramped full-ATX case and keep it all internal.

Are there any recommendations for mATX cases good for watercooling or very compact ATX cases?

I have a couple of spare radiators I could use, a thin 360 rad and a aquacomputer 1080 one.

Perhaps it might be possible to mount the rad on the back sidepanel of a small case. Any suggestions?

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I do not know about custom loops but the H80 fits in my Rig (see sig)

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Once my tj build is done il he moving on to a mATX build.

Id suggest looking at lian li. They have some great cases which are good quality with potential for wc and modding

4. mecha.

mecha. Newbie

A good option may be the Fractal Design ARC midi.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

For a compact ATX case I can personally recommend the Fractal Design Arc Midi.

You can fit 2x full size (60mm) 240mm rads in the roof and front (if you drill out the rivets holding the drive bays - literally takes 1 min)

Its what I would descibe as 'squat', by which I mean, not particularly tall, but wider than a traditional ATX case.. This allows for the full height roof rad, as normally these would clash with the mobo CPU heatsinks/RAM etc.

Obviously if you have a spare 360/1080 rads and don't want to purchase different ones then a rad box is a good call.

6. Risky

Risky Modder

I think you meant "Mini"! Nice option if I want to keep it all internal. Thanks.

7. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

8. mecha.

mecha. Newbie

Yeh sorry, been a long time since i looked at cases i got them confused. Im currently using the R3 and its the bees knees, so i highly recommend anything fractal.

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Tags: