1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Vivendi to sell off stake in Activision-Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by azrael-, 12 Jul 2012.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Just read over on Fudzilla, that Vivendi apparently is considering selling its 60% stake in Activion-Blizzard. High on the list of possible buyers is Microsoft, apparently.

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

If they did, I'd call them smart because after Diablo 3 I think Blizzard has destroyed themselves - enough as to be on the decline from here on out. Activisions influence is all over them now and innovation is at an all time low.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Isn't Diablo 3 the biggest selling PC game (or game on any format?) this year?

Lets remember, they won't be selling because they want to, they are selling because they are forced to by the massive debt they are in.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

irrelevant, the burns people have experienced will make then weary of buying another blizzard title making future releases much harder to sell. Starcraft will sell well because of its competitive multiplayer scene but everything else will tank.

with D3 drowning in hot water over its RMAH and activision shitting nothing but cod titles (thats gonna crash spectacularly) im not surprised vivendi want to dump them.

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I don't know the sales figures but what I do know is that although it has taken a bashing from some core fan areas, it has been a massive success in terms of sales. So much that it seems a lot of publishers are looking at the 'always on-line' model for their own releases.

I imagine that the decision to sell is based on the fact that Blizzard's stock is high rather than low.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Again, they don't. Do read the article. They are being forced to sell of key assets because the interest on their billion dollar loans is mounting up. Not because Activision/Blizzard is offering a poor ROI.

We here at bit tech, aren't exactly a fair representation of the 'average' gamer. COD still sells millions and millions of units, Diablo 3 has already done so, and Starcraft will continue to do so with the long awaited expansion packs (if you can call them that). And then theirs WoW.

Yes, A/B are not at their Call of Duty 4/World of Warcraft peak, but they are still a massive corporate money spinner (look at their ability to reuse a tired engine 16 times over but still shift their games - kerching).

7. suragh

suragh Derp

If Microsoft buys it, it will just mean it becomes a "games for windows" title on all the current games that Blizz/Act have. :rolleyes:

8. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

That would make no sense: Blizzard already has a far better "competiter" for the GFWL system. And doesn't the COD games already have GFWL built in?

/2cents

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Mw3 is steam I beleive.

In my opinion, the only way diablo is a bad game is for the people who played the first/second game and expected too much. Having never played either of them, I find D3 brilliant.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

mw 1 2 3 is steam on pc

they use games for live on xbox

playstation network on playstation

11. Krazzi

Krazzi What's a Dremel?

D3 may have been a huge let down, but I still see them releasing Titan and raking in the money for a long time to come.

12. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Titan? Whats that?

13. rollo

rollo Modder

new mmo

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yet another MMO.

15. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Not only that, but I've read that Blizzard are saying Titan will "Appeal to a far wider fan base than WoW ever had".

!?!?! I'm sorry, but what kind of game is that?!? They just gonna throw a piece of every genre into it and say "There - something for everything! Now everyone on the planet will buy our game!! *Evil laugh*" :p

16. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

But surely people arent going to have two MMO subscriptions going at the same time, so all titan will do is steal WOW players :/

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

wow only has 2 more exp paks anyway left in it

18. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

except it's already been said by a few blizzard people that once Titan launches, WoW will lose 90% support and become F2P.

19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Exactly this.