1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Coldplay are rubbish, don't you agree?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 11 Jul 2012.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I wouldn't...

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Sorry guys, but I do like a bit of Coldplay, for some reason it has become fashionable to hate them.

Oasis on the other hand are the most overrated band in existence, though I do like some of their songs - the ones where Noel sings.

Guinevere likes this.
  3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ditto

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

People do seem to hate Coldplay, why would you waste so much emotion on something that you don't like? Just dislike it and nothing more, it isn't worth it!

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Agreed on the Oasis front. Although I'll guiltily admit that I appreciate Talk Tonight.

Coldplay isn't bad. It's not great, but it could be much worse. It could be Nicki Minaj's tripe (which is sad given that she could be decent..)

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Neither Coldplay nor Oasis are the be all and end all, they just both happen to make simple music which resonates with a large chunk of the record buying/gig-attending populace.

I must say that by the age of 30 most people I know move out of the fashionable to love/hate crowd and just appraise music based upon personal taste ;)

N17 dizzi likes this.
  8. Elton

By the age of 19, I've given up on trying to quantify and qualify what constitutes as good music. There's just too much of it.

9. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I can't stand his whiney voice it doesn't even sound like singing to me, just shows people will listen to any old rubbish.

Might start a group myself....I can't sing, dance, play an instrument and have zero talent but that doesn't seem to matter these days.

10. longweight

Not true, you would flop like all the other bands that think that.

And people will listen to what they like, doesn't make it rubbish. Comments like that just make you sound snobbish.

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

As far as I'm concerned, Oasis are one of the best rock bands this country has ever had, despite the fact that Liam Gallagher is a complete tool and needs some sense and decency beaten into him. The band would have been nothing without Noel, but it would also have been nothing without Liam's voice. Then again, they may still have been around today if t wasn't for Liam's stupid "look at me, I'm God's gift to music" attitude and his constant ability to make a dick of himself in every other public appearance or interview :rolleyes:

Nicki Minaj couldn't be decent if you gagged and bound her and sat her on a chair in the middle of a white room. She's the most talentless, negative influential **** I've seen hit the charts since Rihanna. 'Nuff said about that >.<

12. Elton

I can see your assessment of Oasis, and it's valid. However I don't think your second opinion really warrants that entire negativity. She's got a gimmick, she may not be insanely talented but I see some sort of talent within her.

I can't say that I don't like Oasis, I've got a few of their albums, they're just a bit arrogant that's all. Still I find that you're being a tad unfair to Nicki and Rihanna. Not that they're good, but they're far from talentless. If you wanted talentless Brokencyde would work. They are annoying, repetitive and not very creative perhaps. In fact they are the perfect pop music icons even. But talentless is a bit harsh.

:D

As you can see I just tried to defend two pop icons that honestly aren't very good and mediocre at best. But think of it this way, neither are Lil Kim. Now that was atrocious. Very much so. :worried:

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Hate to disagree, but here are some MORE overrated ones:
    Tool (Seriously, Maynard James Keenan has made ONE good album, and that was with APC - Mer de noms).
    Jimi Hendrix (not a bad, but still - one SERIOUSLY overrated muso. he was perhaps revolutionary, but he was also not.that.great)
    Nirvana (Oh yes, I did. - Cobain was a good songwriter, but a bad singer and guitarist. Their entire existence is romanticised because of his "tragic suicide". Not hating on the guy, but honestly, most of his music is monotonous drone that's musically uninspired).
    Pearl Jam - A cheap Nirvana Spin-off... that's at least what they sound like.

14. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I like coldplay

15. longweight

You can say those things about any band.

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Dude...
    [​IMG]

17. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Hendrix is the boss, end of.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2012
  18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Hendrix changed the game, but he shouldn't be jizzed all over in the way he is.

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You know...

When jazz started, older people said WTF is this, what the hell are these kids listening to, that is not music
    When rock & roll started, older people said WTF is this, what the hell are these kids listening to, that is not music. The older people were the ones who were listening to jazz (or other styles before r&r).
    When rock and metal started, older people said WTF is this, what the hell are these kids listening to, that is not music. The older people were the ones who were listening to r&r and older styles.
    When rap/hip hop/all kinds of electronic music started, older people said WTF is this, what the hell are these kids listening to, that is not music. The older people were the ones who were listening to rock, metal and older styles.
    When dubstep started, older people said WTF is this, what the hell are these kids listening to,that is not music.

In 20 years, some crazy style will start, and current kids listening to dubstep will say WTF is this, that is not music.

That pretty much sums up last century of music :rock:.

20. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Well that's a nice generalisation but there is scores of new music that I've thoroughly enjoyed.

My problem, now that I'm 27 is that when I try and tell someone I like dubstep they generally take the view that I'm just trying to be down with the kids.

I couldn't care less about the kids, I like what I like!