1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

BLC - I think the best way to alleviate the problem is (as Tundra mentioned) to remove all teleport tethers, then log in with an account that is far enough away from any trouble sites (MrsFio and JR seem to be going OK) and find the area in which the problems start. From there it is easy to figure out the exact cause, be that overflowing miners, problems with my EMC setup or anything.

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It's possibly your setup, Rob. Mine is too simple to fail, IMHO, either that or the miners underneath Bloody_Pete's house broke, and it's crashed out the map as a result.

The issue is; The server always holds a certain area around spawn in memory, simply because it's made to assume that someone will die and wind up there. Bloody Pete and BLC's houses, at last check, both fall within that zone, so if something goes wrong in either of those two houses; It's going to be loaded at server start, then lag it to sin.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its unlikely to be my miners, as they were pretty much done.

4. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Also - MrsFio and JR claimed to be on the server at the time that EC logged in - then all hell broke loose. I think it must be something at my place, be it a clogged pipe or overflowing chest/condenser. But again, that doesn't make sense - if MrsFio and JR were on fine before EC logged in, and my entire array is tethered, then why didn't they get any lag?

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Well I did see them on so...

6. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

Well the DynMap seems to be alive now

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well, I've managed to get in... Now to find the problem...

8. .//TuNdRa

So me and BLC were on just now, the server claimed to be at 20 TPS, but it lagged quite badly the whole time. I cleared up some issues on my end (My Klienstar charging system was full, so it was just outright dropping diamonds around it. Might be part of the issue.), but the lag persisted. Me and BLC then logged out to try and see if relogging would fix the issue.

Tried logging in just now; End of Stream.

Corrupted chunks, maybe?

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I think there's definitely something up around your towers. As soon as I move away from it and the chunks unload, all is well (the ping seems a little low, but at least the server responds immediately).

Might not be your stuff though, could just be in a nearby chunk.

10. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

What happens when you approach my base from the side opposite to Lofty's place? Just to see what happens when only my base is loaded rather than Lofty's and mine.

EDIT: Also - if it turns out it was Lofty causing the problems, can we just immortalise this?
    "It's possibly your setup, Rob. Mine is too simple to fail"

11. .//TuNdRa

Well compare the outputs? I don't think mine has the capability to even output enough diamonds to cause lag. How many does yours make in a minute, rob?

Besides, I've since cleared out the backlog in mine, so, in theory, it should sort itself out from now on. There's no reason it shouldn't.

Your setup, however, can cause one hell of a backlog in a very short amount of time.

Edit; So my setup can crunch out 91.5 diamonds in five minutes. We needed roughly fourty stacks of sand to lag out the server. I don't have the ability to output enough diamonds. I can keep it constant at 91 diamonds dropped, but I can't go over that due to the nature of my design. Not enough to make the server lag. In theory.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2012
  12. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Err, I may have killed the server. Sorry.

I tried logging into it - no response, so I cancelled login. Trying again showed no connection.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No, it does actually appear to be Rob's... I took a copy of the server folder offline and started removing houses/areas/whatever in MCEdit (not from the live server - this is an offline copy). The first time I was able to run the server properly - at full TPS - was when I deleted Rob's hut.... :)

Just going to take down another copy of the live map to verify.

EDIT: It could be a combination of that and the time-speeding-up-clock-things...

DOUBLE EDIT: Maybe not....

Last edited: 16 Jul 2012
  14. .//TuNdRa

So the best thing to do is... ? Try and get in there, offline, and delete all the redstone engines? Failing that; I dunno.

The easiest option would be just to nuke those chunks and regenerate, but it wouldn't exactly be fair to rob, it was partially my fault for putting the tethers in that kept it going.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To be honest, I haven't actually nailed down the problem yet. I thought I had, but it seems not.

16. .//TuNdRa

It could be the number of dropped diamonds. Failing that; it's the pipes. There's Iron pipes in there to direct flow, if two were facing one another; it would just overload that segment of pipe with items. Not sure what happens if it keeps filling up. Does the pipe burst?

17. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

That's what I think happened - two iron pipes facing each other. You could fix it by removing all cobble pipe and redstone engines in my array area - I'm sure the costs to the server are much greater than the 20 minutes it would take to put back together again.

And no, Tundra. It doesn't burst the pipe. It creates another Higgs incident.

18. .//TuNdRa

Wonderful. That would explain the issues. BLC: if you can ever get a visual on the clogged pipe; please take a screenshot. I'm curious as to what it'd look like. A solid blue mass?

Might be able to wrench it back to order then, as well, which would fix the issue, in theory.

19. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

From my experience in single player two iron pipes facing each other will eventually kick the item out of the pipe. Where it sits until it de-spawns.

I added 4 combustion engines, a second quarry, and some more energy collectors last night. But it was working fine when i logged off and no one else was on at the time. My understanding is that if no one is on, the sever doesn't run the world...

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well, I'll tell you what isn't going to help - this is the output of MDEdit's Analysis tool on a 3x2 area I selected ("Future Block!" is the tekkit-specific stuff - MCEdit doesn't know what it is):

(0:0),Air,0
    (142:0),Future Block!,24
    ,<Entities>,15114
    Item,Diamond,15114
    ,<TileEntities>,4
    teleportPipe,teleportPipe,4

15,114 diamonds spazzing out on the floor. As for the culprit? I think this may have something to do with it...

[​IMG]

As suggested, an iron pipe with no output, it seems... :thumb:

Took me a while to narrow it down; MCEdit was having a hissy fit with all those entities hanging round on the floor. I didn't really want to have to try and fix it in MCEdit because it's horribly outdated; however... none of the plugins I tried had a console command to remove dropped items - you have to be logged in to remove items... And I couldn't bloody well log in because of the lag! :lol:

I'm trying out the fix now - hopefully MCEdit hasn't shafted anything, but I guess I'll soon find out. I have so many world backups hanging round now...! :)

EDIT: By MCEdit being "horribly outdated", I really mean that it doesn't support the tekkit stuff...