1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Put some in my chest?

lol, jk

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We are back in business... Going to check that everything's OK, have a quick smoke, then I can message people who have been asking to join!

EDIT: I've just been on the server and everything seems just fine. I did remove the world anchors from both areas using them (.//TuNdRa and lp rob1), but now that the blockage has been removed it shouldn't be a problem to put them back. Next time you guys are on I'll spawn some into your inventories.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2012
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Amazing! 15K, thats impressive!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hm. It appears I spoke to soon. MCEdit seems to have taken out all of your collectors and relays Rob... I knew it was going too well.

I could try to repair it, from an older backup, but I may end up making things worse. I've left a few presents in a chest next to your machines to compensate; give me a shout if you think you lost more than that.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Oddly the dynamap still shows them...

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's just the glowstone

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It's ok, I have a new design I want to try anyway.

EDIT: You also removed all our alchemical chests which had most of the items in the game inside.

Also, ~35 flowers which means 175 relays and 455 collectors

It's probably easier to revert to an earlier backup of the area and let us deactivate the setup.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2012
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I will take a look today, but that may prove to be difficult.

The problem isn't the setup, it's the 15 thousand diamonds that spewed out of it onto the floor which are causing the problem. Without removing those (which is what I attempted to do in MCEdit), the server dies. I cannot remove those without being in the server, and I cannot connect to it with them in there.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

haven't you just removed a condenser from that exact spot though?

Also can't you do it from an earlier backup from before when the diamonds were made?

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That might explain the diamonds still in the pipes, but not the ones on the floor well below that.

Can you do me a favour and stop saying that I have removed this or I have done that? I haven't removed anything at all; anything lost has been removed by MCEdit, and MCEdit was the only way I could find to remove the circa 15 thousand diamonds strewn out onto the floor. I'm trying to fix a problem; whether it was a cocked up iron pipe, an overflowing chest or whatever, that many items dropped on to the floor will kill a server. I've got the server running on my machine right now, with the broken world file, and I can't even get a response from localhost.

I may not be able to revert to an earlier world backup. If you want just yours & Rob's areas restored, and keep everyone else's stuff, I'd have to do that in MCEdit - which would lose the same items that were lost the first time round. If I somehow manage to remove all those diamonds without losing anything else, I still wouldn't be able to re-instate the world backup without losing everything that everyone else has done over the last day. From what I can see in the logs, the problems started happening around mid-day yesterday and there will be a lot of stuff lost since then.

Anything you or Rob have lost can be re-instated by me - including one of each item in the game and as many collectors/condensers/relays/red matter stacks as you feel is necessary. I don't even need the console to do that, I can do it in game with NEI.

Perhaps mat0tam had the best idea:

EDIT:

The backups don't stretch that far back, because it runs every 6 hours. I can only store 3 backups at a time, and more than 18 hours has passed since the problems started. Even so, that wouldn't get around the problem of losing everything that everyone else has done since then.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Without wiping out everyone else's changes over the last day, there's no way I can restore that old copy of the world file. Even if I tried, I haven't been able to remove the diamonds that are causing the problem.

12. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

OK - I think this will be a tricky post...

In that screenshot, the iron pipe originally fed into the energy condenser. If that overflowed, or some other glitch happened, then that would cause the 15K diamonds all over the floor.

As for the removal of everything EE related - did you only remove the stuff in my area? Or more specifically, can you designate an area that MCEdit can change? I am more worried about everyone else loosing their Tekkit stuff, as repopulating the entire server with stuff would take ages.
    And if it is possible to designate the area - would it be possible to simply remove the condenser and the pipes around the back of it - rather than a wide area thing? Replacing the condenser would be really easy - not even worth the effort of recompensing for loosing all that red matter...

As for removing EE completely - I am against it. EE is mostly an end-game thing, and being able to convert between matter 'types' is a truely invaluable tool.

And 15K diamonds! That is impressive even by our standards, Tundra!

13. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Is there any specific software or game mods i have to install to join the server if so which mods and how ?

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It seems to have only affected your area(s). None of my collectors (or Tundra's, for that matter) were removed; Tundra is probably the closest to you, and he hasn't reported any problems. Chrisb2e9 has also been on today, and none of his engines/machines were affected.

Which leads me to believe that it's a weird problem with MCEdit: I've used MCEdit quite extensively in the past, so once I figured out what the problem was I selected a 3x2 area around the fallen diamonds (manifested as a massive green glob in MCEdit) and removed all entities within that selection. That was the only edit I made in MCEdit - the rest of the cleanup was in-game - yet it seems to have taken out all the nearby collectors and relays... If collectors/relays/etc are counted as entities (which they may be, as vanilla machines such as furnaces are) then that may explain it at least partially; though I have no idea why it would wipe out entities which I did not select. If I try and splice in the old version of your area using MCEdit (which is the only way to avoid losing all the changes since yesterday), it could suffer the same problem. Needless to say, I'm not touching a tekkit world with MCEdit again.

TBH, it could have even be a glitch with tekkit itself - I did quite a few reboots yesterday, and in most cases the server had to be forcibly killed rather than gracefully closed.

If I could have removed the diamonds using a console command I would have; however none of the plugins I found worked: they were either incompatible with the current bukkit version, did absolutely nothing, or were snippets of java code (which, frankly, is useless to me) for use in a wider plugin. The only one option I found that did work was WorldEdit, but for me to be able to use that would require me to be able to log in - which I only managed to do once yesterday because of the severe lag.

I've already been in today though and dropped some "goodies" in some alchemical chests - have a look at your PMs (if you can't get on to the server).

I'm not going to remove EE - that would likely cause more problems than it's worth! I may have been a bit frustrated earlier :). Plus I really don't want to go back to using jetpacks!

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You need the technic pack - http://www.technicpack.net/.

16. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Anything else ?

17. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

which one the technic launcher or the java one ?

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The technic pack will grab all the mods it requires. It also doesn't touch your existing minecraft data files, so technic & minecraft can sit side-by-side. And you can use either the JAR or the EXE.

19. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We now have a spawn house!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]