1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fuus, 12 Jul 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

How did you manage to pay £18 for those? Two of them were in the Indie Bundle 2 with 4 other games for £6.99 and Trine 2 was £2.99!

2. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Today I bought

Metro 2033
    Dear Esther
    Greed Corp
    & KtoR

for less than a tenner.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

It seems to come with two extra single player maps, some multi player characters, soundtrack, the "Lineage" movie and some other stuff. Might actually be worth it, come to think of it.

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I saw KtoR on sale , but I think I'll give that one a skip mainly cause playing it now might ruin so good childhood memories. It's not that old (2003), but still.
    I've heard nothing about Dear Esther itself, but heard people say its epic (and then can't tell me why) might pick that up just for hell of it.

On a side question: Is the reason Prototype 2 no longer available for pre-order is cause the company went bust?

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Pretty simple really, I had the misfortune of picking up Trine 2 the day after is was 75% off, which it was 50% off instead, only for it to be back to 75% off the next day. Blame a combination of the structure of the steam sales and the propagation of the game through my friends, as in they bought it, told me about it the next day when we were all free to actually play it. It's a great side scrolling puzzle co-op game, well worth it even at £5.99.

After that I picked up Oil Rush + the tower defence DLC for £8.48 and then Splice Sound Track edition for £4.49. So make that £19.

Clearly I did not see the Indi bundle deals however at the prices I have paid, I am not un happy with what I got.

It's often the case, especially where co-op games are concerned that we will see a game on offer and then we all decide to pick it up at what seems like a good price and at a suitable and convenient time for us all. Especially these smaller Indi games that are barely a gig in size, you can buy, download and be playing within 10 minutes.

6. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Is Metro 2033 and Assassins Creed 2 worth picking up for circa £8? :worried:

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You could do worse.

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

That doesn't fill me with confidence, but at those prices I think I wil take a punt :) Think I will get Crysis 1 to as I missed that first time around (recently returned to PC gaming) :rock:

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The bit review of Dear Esther, you might want to read it before you buy it, not sure what you are expecting...
    http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2012/02/14/dear-esther-review/1

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Damn, I was hoping that Risen2 would win the Community Choice - surely everyone has Witcher 2 and Batman AC by now ;-)

@Draksis - Dear Esther is definitely not for everyone as its more of a story than a game (in fact you could argue it;s not a game at all!). I enjoyed the 'experience' but I doubt you would 'play' it more than once. It's got less interaction than Max Payne 3 or Uncharted 3 and that's saying something!

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Why does valve even bother putting CoD games into it's sales?

12. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

They think they may be able to finally sell a copy of such trash as otherwise no one whos played a real fps like battlefield 3 wouldnt touch it :D

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It's not as if they are ever heavily discounted either. I would probably give a fiver for the latest one, but nothing more than that. It would kill a few minutes and save me running down a corridor with a dustbin on my head while someone hits it with a big stick ;-)

N17 dizzi likes this.
  14. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Heads up guys, All the GTA games are at 75% off at 4.99 GBP

15. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

gota say theres not been much I've liked the look of in the past few days.

Just hoping for Arma 2

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

As above but the DLC for Arma 2.

17. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

It was meant in the best possible way. :)

So true. All of it.

And yet they still fail to offer an upgrade to Episodes from Liberty City to people who were daft enough to buy the regular version of GTA IV.

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

:hehe:

19. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Yes but which is more fun?

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

lol - depends on my mood I guess!