1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress (Completed) Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build [MOTM nominee] Thank You

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mybadomen, 6 Mar 2012.

1. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

Lol i never knew i was nominated. I been so busy between Modding this one and also doing another build that you will see soon and working on my Golf Carts which i started to get into :)

Honestly Thank you guys so much for the support. I am totally honored by it. And what you guys think of them is all that matters to me.

Thank you all,

MybadOmen

2. mybadomen

UPDATE !

Founder of NZXT Johnny hou takes notice of my work on the "Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 build" !

[​IMG]

This is a Great Honor to me because i love the NZXT Company ,Their Customer Service, Products just everything about them is great and lets not forget how big they contribute to the community all the time. I have met and worked with many NZXT employees (Phone and email) But never imagined that the actual Founder of the company would take notice of me seeing he must be extremely busy.

Not sure what else to say . Just every day things just seem to blow my mind when it comes to my Modding. Lol usually when i think im not doing good and feeling down about it.

Here is the Link to see what the Founder wrote as it wasn't all about just me it was to all the Modders :

http://nzxtcorp.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/thanks-to-all-the-modders/

Take care guys and once again thanks so much for all the support you have given through all my builds.

Also stay Tuned for more on the Mass Effect Build.

Your friend and fellow Modder ,

MybadOmen

3. mybadomen

Update !

I have a new Update for you guys and this is a BIG one! "Mass Effect 3 -NZXT Switch 810 Mod" is now Alive !!!!

Also for those of you the haven't seen it ,Not only did Venom make Maximum PC Magazine but now Mass Effect 3 build has also. (Really wish they had these Photo's below though)

[​IMG]

Here is a link to the Maximum PC Magazine Article: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/ne...3_case_mod_will_rock_your_intergalactic_socks

This Update i would like to thank EKWB, Mayhem's and Primochill since they are the ones that made this Update Possible.

First off i mixed Mayhem's Pastel Ice White concentrate with roughly 2 quarts of PrimoChill Base/Deionized Water

Next i mixed 1 Bottle of Concentrated Mayhem's light Red Pastel to another 2 quarts of PrimoChill Base/Deionized Water
    and then added 2 bottles of Mayhem's Red Dye to get the red i needed 20ML (Not all was used in build)

[​IMG]

And finally the shots of Her Running in all her Glory ! (Build is not complete . Just some cosmetic stuff to do and she is all done)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really hope you guys Like it so far, And again still More to come so Keep Watching !

MybadOmen

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice nod from the founder of NZXT :) & max pc article. :clap:

Looks complete to me really but I'm keen to see what you add before you call it complete now. :D

5. mybadomen

Window Mod to finish and the Mass Effect 3 Theme on the outside still needs to be finished and something with my Sponsors names i would like to add. But besides that shes running good.

6. B.o.B

B.o.B What's a Dremel?

This thing stands out so beautifully. That Di-Noc must have been a real headache to get so perfect, I'm struggling to find ways to work it properly on the small sections where I have to wrap around edges. Mind you, I don't have a heat gun (planning to get one soon) I've just got a hairdryer atm lol.

Look forward to seeing some end pics in all it's rocking glory.

7. mybadomen

The hair dryer works well also .but with the heat gun i found you have to be extremely careful or it ruins the Dinoc in a sec. On real tight edges you can use a little super glue to make sure it stays or they make an actual 3M primer for Dinoc but not many use it i have found by talking in Dinoc dreams club.

8. andybones

andybones What's a Dremel?

Well all i can say is absolutely FRIGGING Gorgeous :jawdrop:
    Beautiful colour theme and smooth clean loops.
    Top Job ;)

Andy

9. mybadomen

Thank you Mate . and getting the loops to fit the way i have them leaves not even a spec of room for error. It was a fun time getting them both in there. but finally accomplished it.

MybadOmen

10. mybadomen

Update!

Huge thanks to Razer and there Generosity donating some Razer Mass Effect Gear to the build:

[​IMG]

Here is what they Donated to the Build as they seen the build and thought it would be a great match. I totally agree! :

Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

The Normandy SR2 is Commander Shepard’s starship and a quick maneuvering vehicle great for traversing the galaxy, getting the team extracted from hot zones, and dropping behind enemy lines. Just like the Normandy, the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition gaming keyboard is a state-of-the-art weapon with full-fledged heavy-duty mechanical key infrastructure. When it delivers crisp, tactile feedback and faster keystroke actuation, this revolutionary, fully backlit gaming keyboard accomplishes your mission with razor-sharp efficiency.

[​IMG]

Razer Imperator Mouse "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

The war for Earth has begun, and only Commander Shepard stands between the Reapers and Earth’s total annihilation in Mass Effect 3. Use the Razer Imperator Mass Effect 3 Edition gaming mouse to give yourself the better edge and dispatch your ruthless enemies before they render all life extinct. The Razer Imperator ME3 Edition has been exclusively emblazoned with the iconic N7 logo, bestowed only upon the highest-ranking soldiers of the Systems Alliance military, displayed on Shepard’s Armor, and now in your capable hand.

[​IMG]

Razer Vespula Mouse Pad "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

In Mass Effect 3, Commander Shepard and his team will face their greatest challenge yet - the Reapers. The Razer Vespula dual-sided gaming mouse mat is the perfect way to ensure that you’re prepared for each battle. Get neck-breaking acceleration under your mouse with the SPEED side to hit the enemies before they can react, or deliver precise headshots with the measured movement of the CONTROL side. Exclusively designed in pitch-black finish with the iconic N7 logo and stripes displayed on Shepard’s Armor, the Razer Vespula Mass Effect 3 Edition readies both you and your mouse for the war to take Earth back.

[​IMG]

For more info on Razer's Great Products check out these Links:

www.razerzone.com
    www.razerzone.com/me3
    www.facebook.com/razer

Take Care Guys and just working on the window and Decals for the build and you will see them as soon as they are done!

MybadOmen

11. programmer69

programmer69 What's a Dremel?

very Nice ..........:D

12. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

You got 4 Resoviors? but only two loops ?

13. mybadomen

Yup the dual bay spin res is basically a fill point. Plus the extra coolant don't hurt :)

14. mybadomen

UPDATE!

Still More to come on this build Guys. Just waiting on a few things and been hard at work designing them. I should have the rest of the stuff soon and hopefully it will really make the build Pop! If not back to the drawing board.

Also would like to Thank the Sponsors that helped make this build possible with this Photo that "gr3nd3l" Put together for me.

[​IMG]

Also Special Thanks to "Kaged" for helping me once again with the Decals for this build and working with me to get them just right.

And of course Thank You to all the People that follow my builds and my work and that support me through the builds.Good and the Bad.

MybadOmen

15. Chatsicle

Chatsicle What's a Dremel?

Wicked matey. You've got real creative juices ;) to visualise summat like that! Where did you get the inspiration for the look from? Or did it come off top a ya bonce?

16. mybadomen

Yeah i don't make Sketches or use any software i just see it in my head and go with it. I just love doing it. Sometimes it drives me crazy because i cant stop thinking about the next build etc.

Inspiration for this build? Well for 1 Bill Owen did the first ever NZXT Switch 810. So when i was asked to do this one i wanted to badly because he is my inspiration. You ever watch him Mod? Or see what he does to help people. Thats one hell of a guy and who wouldn't want to be like him.
    I am just an Amateur Modder but some day hopefully will be good enough to be Pro.Can only dream though.

Take Care and thank you for the Compliments

MybadOmen

17. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I think you've done a great job with this as a theme build. It really holds true to the Mass Effect color scheming and look. 1 vote for MOTM from me.

18. mybadomen

UPDATE!

Just a small update is all but the build and Theme is coming together now. Also the back door makes sure there is no confusion on what company makes the case.

I also like to thank my buddy Kaged that helped me with making the masking for Venom and also help design and make the ME3 Decals also. He is also teaching me to use my own Plotter so i can some day do it myself :)

Ok Me and Kaged have been talking for a while again deciding on idea's for the Vinyl decals again but this time for the outside of the case. There were many Decals made but at the end i am not sure which will be used and which wont. but so far some are on for sure.

Ok so today i 3M Wrapped the back door of the case which was a pain by myself but i got it done. Also i added Decals to the front and the back panel. I am very aware there is a space above my Antec Veris (Still working on that)

Ok i will shut up and show the Photos because that's what you all really want to see :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that's it for now. Hoping to have the build completed by Monday just waiting on the window is all and a couple small fixes.

Keep watching its not over yet ! Plus there will soon be a Nice Photo shoot done by my Aunt for me (Photographer)

MybadOmen

19. mybadomen

Still held up from completing the build by Monday. Parts got delayed as usual :( . I really cant wait till you guys see it complete.

Keep watching should be very very soon and still hoping and aiming for completion on Monday.

MybadOmen

Also please vote for it as MOTM if you love it.

20. mybadomen

UPDATE !

''Warning these photo's are just crappy ones from my iPhone good shots will be taken later and posted''.

First off really want to thank my Sponsor/Friend at Primochill for doing the etching for me.Highly appreciated Mate.

Well finally the update that puts everything together. I designed a window that i wanted etched and spaced everything so it wouldn't ruin the view of important stuff inside like my EK Parts ,Plextor SSD's etc.
    Anyway my great Sponsor Primochill got me this window overnight so i could complete the Build by Monday and as you can see he never fails me. Thank you Primochill for the great job.

Anyway its not totally complete a few small things to do plus a Photo shoot with the matching Keyboard,Mouse etc from Razer.

Here was the Black NZXT Switch 810 i received:

[​IMG]

and here it is now:

Here is the Mass Effect 3 -NZXT Switch 810 Mod

The package that i thought would be very late actually came right away!

[​IMG]

And the Window all cut to size i requested and etching exactly where i wanted it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best i can do for now till the Photo shoot but believe me . It looks a Million times better then the Photos:

And this ones for you NZXT for giving me this project in the first place and being more then just a sponsor to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank all you guys so much for supporting me and being my friend through this build and the past builds.

There should be 2 more Posts before Completion and then the Grand Finally the Photo shoot finally done right. Any Updates after that will just be any achievements that the Build happens to get . If any :) I imagine thats up to my followers to Vote for me.

Take Care and sorry no better Photo's yet. But really hoping you guys like what i did with the window.

MybadOmen