1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm up for that Greg, my problem is I'm only around at certain times of the week. That said, if you name the days I can usually keep them clear.

I also love talking tactics and giving tactical info.

2. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Some great games tonight guys. Particularly had a great game on metro rush with me garlic, tiger and Greg in a squad against an almost equally good team of randomers and lassar.

One thing it pointed out though is that the broken ticket scaler is a real problem. 100+ tickets on rush is just a bit ridiculous, Lassar's team probably deserved to win.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Just got back into a few games of BF3. Did an Op Firestorm game, had some fun in a tank, then went and sat in the stationary AA to push out the enemy jets that were trolling our airfield. The stationary AA really sucks. I spent like 30 minutes in the thing and accrued about 25 points from kill assists. It seems to do laughably small damage, even when the enemy jet is right in front of you. If the pilot is at least half competent you will never get a clean kill with that thing.

After that I went Engi for a while and hunted some tanks. That wasn't much fun but I did some dirt with it.

Finally, I closed out the game with some Sniper action, trolling the US snipers that were all crowded up on the mountain next to the Offices checkpoint. Snuck up there and took out a bunch of them, even had some amazing CQC headshots with the M98b on a couple of assault guys that got a little too close for comfort.

Moments of the match:

Long range tank kill against the enemy assault chopper.

Jumped in a damaged enemy tank and managed to blow up an LAV because the driver probably didn't realize I was an enemy. Got a side shot in on him as he was driving by, then another blast to the rear for the kill when he got in front of me. Hopped out of the enemy tank a second before it blew.

Knife killed one of the ridge snipers right at the last second of the match and got called a "noob sucker" :D

4. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

**** yeh......... :rock:

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Not sure what AA you're using, but I nail things left, right and centre in the stationary AA, including ground units, fast-movers and helos. The range is massive, and it's all about learning lead distances. Just ask the people on the CPC server last night on Kharg Island ;) I sat in that thing for ten minutes and eventually the enemy team just stopped taking off! :D

6. aLB_sCH1ZZO

aLB_sCH1ZZO What's a Dremel?

Yeah the last one was pretty tough!Never played that much RUSH since the Beta:nono:
    Why not add more conquest to the mix...khargh,firestorm etc etc
    Think I should leave Tag Hunting for a while and dedicate completely to RUSH/Conquest

7. Phalanx

Vote for the maps. It does come up every round for people to vote.

8. aLB_sCH1ZZO

I can't vote when I'm fraggin or chasin people around...:D
    Joke aside the vote system should be made more visible IMO:idea:

9. Bobman

Bobman What's a Dremel?

Yeah, was fun last night.

Need to keep up with this thread more often - just seen all the rage chat. Think I may have contributed to some of Dom's last night - sorry bud!

Hopefully be on again later.....:thumb:

10. Phalanx

More visible? It comes up in chat, effectively filling the chat box, plus it comes up at the bottom of your screen just above your personal kill/death feed, in its own box, bigger than the text used for kills/deaths.

Not sure how else you'd like it made more visible. Perhaps we can disable your mouse and directional keys until you vote (now there's an idea!)? ;)

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That would screw me up so bad. I'm usually in the middle of Leeroy Jenkins' it up when the vote comes up.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Or punching out one of your monitors. :D

I'll hop on this weekend hopefully. If not, there's always next week. :)

13. aLB_sCH1ZZO

I've noticed the chat box thingy but I was thinkin more like the message that appears when u join the server:
    WELCOME TO...... at the bottom of the screen...
    My mouse is goin to hell anyway but u can disable my keyboard:D
    Off topic:can anyone suggest a good FPS mouse with shipping to my country?

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

You're not called Phalanx for nothing huh :lol:

15. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Any of the RAT series, most of the higher-end Logitech mice, and some of the better Razer mice, so long as you're a little gentle with them. As for the actual shipping; i think you'd have better luck just looking around to see what you can get.

16. Phalanx

Erm, it does do that... :) That's what I was referring to.

Hai thank you! /bow :D

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Cool, I'm usually on between 8pm and 1am uk time. Was gonna do a few squad rush games tonight if you're in. Otherwise need 12 or so c4 kills on tanks, so would love it if someone could make the odd distraction :D Got 10 or so m15 mine kills to go too :)

Good games last night. Was good to have a team that seemed relatively even on that metro rush game, even if the other team deserved to win, due to the high ticket count :)

18. aLB_sCH1ZZO

Ok maybe I missed it...or I was too concentrated :wallbash:

So it's on:rock:
    Lower ticket count and we can redo that today...10pm - 2am (UK Time) is good???
    CPC vs Randomers :rock:

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Not sure if I'll be playing on the cpc server specifically tonight, depends on if others are already on it :lol: Otherwise I'm off to finish the premium assignments.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I still have 2 B2K to finish :lol: I've actually done more of the premium/CQ assignments than the others already.